Can we have a good rotation today and tomorrow?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Can we have a good rotation today and tomorrow?

Postby Napoleon » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:18 am

It would be awesome if we could do the next maps:

D-Day 2
UFO
FUN Beach
Kung Fu Grip
MML Church
Password2
Tundra

and of course the known :)

Cyu in server

:ar15:

RTCW Admin

Re: Can we have a good rotation today and tomorrow?

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 am

I like a lot of those maps..

If they are on the server I will do them.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:50 pm

its been ages since i saw custom maps on ecgn server (except frostbite). the (active) admins usually do the main maps from the goty pack and even when the server got 40 players on from time to time, they come up with the tiny maps like sub or keep :( i really wish they would do some big maps then like marketgarden, fun beach, hydrodam, tundra etc.. also for less players i recommend beach2e, password2, church or communique (instead of base).
seems the last creative admin was MAA who came up with some variations. really miss that.
cheers

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:26 pm

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:its been ages since i saw custom maps on ecgn server (except frostbite). the (active) admins usually do the main maps from the goty pack and even when the server got 40 players on from time to time, they come up with the tiny maps like sub or keep :( i really wish they would do some big maps then like marketgarden, fun beach, hydrodam, tundra etc.. also for less players i recommend beach2e, password2, church or communique (instead of base).
seems the last creative admin was MAA who came up with some variations. really miss that.
cheers
MAA is the one who puts the maps on the server we play. We did MarketGarden this past week. I'd like to see Tundra and FunBeach put back on.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:30 pm

I Would like to see Axis Complex and Password put back on

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:13 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:I Would like to see Axis Complex and Password put back on
Axiscomplex is on the server.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:54 am

Ya know, I just have to say that, after 15 years of this game, it surprises me that I would worry about doing a custom map and losing everyone because they don't have something like Marketgarden installed. I mean, did you EVER have it installed? I have over 3 GB of maps on my one machine alone for RTCW. But even if they had the map, it would be so long since they played it, that they wouldn't get rewarded by playing it well, and would then disconnect until the rotation goes back to something they are familiar with. A recent thought of mine would be that certain admins could be more likely to do certain maps - either GOTY or customs. For instance, say Likethat comes on, and when he is on, you can expect to play Tundra and Complex. When B is on, you can expect to play Village and Depot. And so on. For those uber-custom maps like Kung Fu, the admin has to calculate how many of the players have the map so that you don't lose everyone when the map changes. Hey, is it possible for the admin to be able to select a couple of maps and give the players a choice of the two via F1 or F2? For instance: "Which map would you like next? F1 - Tundra / F2 - Ice". Who knows the possiblities of Wolf if stinkin' ET had been an expansion pack instead of a standalone game... :cry:

Postby Napoleon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Nice Euro, it would be awesome to vote like you said, f1 or f2 for a map, good, hope people get the maps so server keep the players on

Cheers!

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 am

as an admin on mad server i know how hard it can be to keep everyone happy with various maps or server settings.
first time we get a "new" map, the server gets nearly empty. but after some playthroughs people manage to join again. im sure people would rather get the maps, instead of quitting their beloved game rtcw :)
unfortunately i think voting for different maps is not possible, but maybe donny finds a way?

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:13 pm

I have a suggestion for a rotation. Maybe the server couldn try this for a while. You rotate but after each new map you come back for a round of beach.

For example: beach (2 rounds) axis complex (2rounds) then beach again 2 rounds then maybe chateau for 2 rounds back to beach 2 rounds and so on.

Beach-axis complex-Beach-Chateau-Beach-Ice-beach etc.

Or 2 rounds of beach and 1 round of the new maps but always rotating.

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein