Reinstalled and having trouble

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Reinstalled and having trouble

Postby debussy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 pm

I've trying to get onto the ECGN server for a few days now with no luck. I'm able to get on other servers, but every time I put the address in, I get a message that says Server Disconnected for Unknown reason. Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? I'm able to get on other servers with no problem. I should also say that I only see two servers in the search. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Reinstalled and having trouble

Postby caffeine » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Deb your kick msg said "bad disallowed name"

Try just /set name Deb and connecting

Postby debussy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:11 am

Just tried again with my name changed. Still getting Server Disconnect for Unknown Reason. When looking at the console it says something about a bad filter name right before giving me the server disconnect message.

Postby debussy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:50 am

Ok I'm not sure what's happened. My cfg must be messed up. At any rate, it says PB has banned me for 1200 minutes for name spam. Anyway to resolve this?

RTCW Admin

Postby magus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:03 am

search the forums for this problem, it's been resolved many many MANY times.

Postby debussy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:02 pm

It says I'm banned for 1200 minutes (which I would think is 20 hours). It's been more than 20 hours. Is there a way to remove my ban now?

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm thinking its a punkbuster ban, which I am not yet sure how to remove, but if it isn't a PB ban, what name were you trying to play under when you were banned, and I can see if I can unban you that way.

Postby debussy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Debussy or Deb

Postby debussy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Ok - so I waiting the 1200 minutes and I tried to connect. Now it is saying I am PB permanent ban for name spamming or name stealing. How the heck do I resolve this? I just reinstalled and used a CD key I found online. Not really sure if that is the problem. Can you guys remove the ban or explain what I need to do to resolve this?

RTCW Admin

Postby Villain » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:06 pm

after using this pack you are most likely connecting with the name n00b ... which is not allowed on ECGN.
go change your name (search for: seta name "n00b" and replace it with: seta name "deby") in the wolfconfig_mp cfg in your main and shrub folder of rtcw and check your name in the multiplayer setup (in game menu) itself.

edit the cfg files before you first start the game after a reboot otherwise they might be locked by windows.

Postby debussy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks for your response. I did all that after Caffeine explained to me about the name issue. What I'm not understanding is if this PB ban is something that can be fixed on the admin side or on my side. And no one seems to be wanting to help me out with that part.

RTCW Admin

Postby S.Shooter » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:05 pm

debussy wrote:Thanks for your response. I did all that after Caffeine explained to me about the name issue. What I'm not understanding is if this PB ban is something that can be fixed on the admin side or on my side. And no one seems to be wanting to help me out with that part.

What phukyuh said above, If you have a "default name" like Wolfplayer or Noob in you cfg, you will get instabanned, for the name, not perma. Need to check your cfg and change the name.
And also, if you change your name while on the server too fast, same thing will happen.

So check your names/nicks before going to the server.

Postby debussy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm

I checked all the names and made sure none of the default names were there and they weren't. Is there a way to tell what my PB ban is for? Do you see me as banned?

Postby debussy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:22 pm

OK I figured out what the problem is after researching even balance. Every PB Ban message says Admin decision. According to Evenbalance this would have been a server admin decision. Can one of the admins please remove this ban or explain what I need to do to fix it? Thank you.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:43 am

Don't come here for help in pirating the game.

Fucking idiot.

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein