Reinstalled and having trouble

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Re: Reinstalled and having trouble

Postby debussy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi Man-at-Arms,

I don't know you. So please don't call me a fucking idiot when you don't understand the situation. I bought the game from Steam after I lost my CD to RTCW. The steam version didn't have a CD key so I didn't know what to do. I paid $10 for a 15 yr old game because I want to start playing again. This was my old GUID: http://yawn.be/v2/player/pbguid/e3ce6376.

This server is the only server with people playing. All I want to do is play again. If you would be kind enough to help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: I find it amazing that a game that is practically dead and there are people that want to come back and play but can't figure out how to do it, you have to be such a dick to them. Isn't the whole point of this server to promote the RTCW community and helping people come back and enjoy this game? If not, I guess I'll continue playing the bots on other servers.
Last edited by debussy on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi deb, I played with -[x]-

A lot of guys have reinstalled via steam , so I know there is a solution. I just don't know what it is. Ill talk to some other guys and get back to you.

Postby debussy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:13 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:Hi deb, I played with -[x]-

A lot of guys have reinstalled via steam , so I know there is a solution. I just don't know what it is. Ill talk to some other guys and get back to you.

Hey DeadEye! I remember you! Many a good battle on Shrub with you guys. It'd be good to get all the old SS and X back on.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:26 pm

scrilla, booty, luna are still playing. Well scrilla is around , but don't play much.

Birds like caff... :pilot:

Virus from TWL. and Crossbreed.

Few others you may know as well.

Postby debussy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:29 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:scrilla, booty, luna are still playing. Well scrilla is around , but don't play much.

Birds like caff... :pilot:

Virus from TWL. and Crossbreed.

Few others you may know as well.

I know about most of them still playing. There is a new OSP nights on Tuesday and Thursday. It's pretty awesome.
Last edited by debussy on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:29 pm

You do get a CD Key from Steam.

You said you got a CD Key online and also said you downloaded a pirated version. So yes, you're a fucking idiot.

I should firewall you just for being dumb enough to post that here.

Postby debussy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:32 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:You do get a CD Key from Steam.

You said you got a CD Key online and also said you downloaded a pirated version. So yes, you're a fucking idiot.

I should firewall you just for being dumb enough to post that here.

Oh wow, thank you for your help! If you would go one step further, and tell me where the CD Key would be located after downloading the game from Steam, that would be great. And by the way, I never posted how to find the game for free. The other guy did.

But yeah, I'm a fucking idiot. Now, can you help this idiot to find the CD Key from the Steam game? When I login on Steam, there is no CD key in the game. Thanks.

Edit: And yes I downloaded the other version because I couldn't figure out the CD key issue with Steam. Mea culpa.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:44 pm

The file is named rtcwkey in the Main folder

Open console in game and type /pb_myguid

Post the last 8 digits of the GUID

Postby debussy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:28 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:The file is named rtcwkey in the Main folder

Open console in game and type /pb_myguid

Post the last 8 digits of the GUID

When I type that in the console it says: Punkbuster Client: Unknown command/setting: pb_myguid

Thank you for pointing out the file. I put the new CD key in there.

Edit: Ok - figured out I needed to download the PB files in your other post. I did that and added it to the folder. It shows the CD key and GUID so I'm assuming want the last 8 of the GUID. It is: 93791702. If its the CD Key, then let me know. Thanks.

Postby debussy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Appears to be fixed. Thank you for helping.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Good to play with you today, debussy - you seem to still know everything about shooting, moving, etc. - another good player comes back to our fave game!

Postby debussy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:15 pm

v51 v57!

Postby Raiser » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Glad you are back and playing on ECGN Deb, I felt so bad because I had no idea how to help you with this one and normally I can fix a lot of peoples RTCW problems :( Thanks for being apart of Tuesday/Thursday OSP Nights, welcome back, welcome back! See you on either Tuesday or Thursday night and possibly on ECGN! :gamer1: :superman: :neo: :ar15: :pilot:

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein