unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Preferred Server Settings?

Unlag disabled, g_antilag enabled
48%
Unlag enabled, g_antilag disabled
50%
Unlag disabled, g_antilag disabled
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Postby parcher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 pm

Junior, did what I describe match or come close to what you are experiencing?

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:08 pm

I promise with everything in the world that I am not trying to cause anything. However, the day they turned unlag back on, my accuracy and hit registration went down significantly AGAIN. AND I can type unlag 0 as many times as I want, there's no difference. Idk. I'm not trying to argue or be a pain, I guess I am just frustrated. Sorry.

Postby pingrage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:24 pm

MAA

Can you lock this thread please?

We have idiots posting on here who have NFI and its just annoying yourself and others.

The video proves nothin and all others will be the same.

The question that hasn't been answered and is the most important is

Why it doesn't affect all players?

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 pm

pingrage wrote:MAA

Can you lock this thread please?

We have idiots posting on here who have NFI and its just annoying yourself and others.

The video proves nothin and all others will be the same.

The question that hasn't been answered and is the most important is

Why it doesn't affect all players?
I agree actually. I never meant to start anything if I did.

RTCW Admin

Re: Server?

Postby S.Shooter » Sun May 01, 2016 5:18 pm

So i just tried out the MaD server with unlag on. I have low ping there.
Tried unlag on and off (when off, i had to lead the shots a bit). And was shooting higher pingers.

And i can't for the love of any fps game understand why you lowpingers are complaining at all!
Holy shit. While having to adapt to a slightly different feeling in shooting. Accuracy and reg is awesome with low ping and unlag on. Compared to highping and unlag on.

We can only hope MAA puts the server back up as it was. It's legacy is undeniable.

Edit; wrong thread but anyway

Re: Server?

Postby pixi » Mon May 02, 2016 7:46 am

S.Shooter wrote:So i just tried out the MaD server with unlag on. I have low ping there.
Tried unlag on and off (when off, i had to lead the shots a bit). And was shooting higher pingers.

And i can't for the love of any fps game understand why you lowpingers are complaining at all!
Holy shit. While having to adapt to a slightly different feeling in shooting. Accuracy and reg is awesome with low ping and unlag on. Compared to highping and unlag on.

We can only hope MAA puts the server back up as it was. It's legacy is undeniable.

Edit; wrong thread but anyway
this is so odd. I had the opposite problem!

I played both on Junior's and on MAD yesterday. Both have unlag. On Junior's, I have a sub 20 ping. On MAD I have 150. Pretty much same players and same level of players playing. I was able to hit EVERYTHING on MAD with a 150, but suddenly couldn't hit anything on Juniors with a 20. It's odd!

I guess it just confuses me. You're probably on point with saying it takes getting used to the different feeling and shooting differently, but thus far I'm struggling. Haha.

But, after everything, I just don't care. I just care that everyone has a chance to play and be happy while doing so. It will never be completely fair with the wide range of pings, but as long as we can let go of the need to be THE best and just have fun... I think that is what matters.

So all in all, just want everyone at least content enough to enjoy themselves doing what we love . :)

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein