unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Preferred Server Settings?

Unlag disabled, g_antilag enabled
48%
Unlag enabled, g_antilag disabled
50%
Unlag disabled, g_antilag disabled
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Postby bloxzin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Move the server to aus so we are forced to play with horrible low ping and you can all have the high ping advantage.
We will let you choose unlag, antilag, anything you want and will not complain once.
We understand we will turn into noobs with 50 ping and not hit anything however if this is what it will take so usa and euro players carry on playing in harmony we will save whats left of the rtcw world.

Otherwise I'm all for no change and to keep the remaining players in ecgn for what has worked for years...plus new pc in a few weeks so dont want to come back to an unplayable server! haha.

Postby Glitch » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:10 am

Lmao. Pipi stfu

This is a level playing field and you play fine like this. stop your bitching. The server can do without you and your gay ass binds anyway.

Postby dash » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:38 am

Say goodbye to anyone in your player base outside the US. Really stupid f'in decision.

All talk of player accuracy now increasing is simply because you are no longer getting destroyed by Aussies ;) Such a shame we can no longer aim.

Well anyway it's been fun. I'll be back when unlag is turned on again.

Thanks for causing this disappointment, Junior.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:27 am

dash wrote:Say goodbye to anyone in your player base outside the US. Really stupid f'in decision.

All talk of player accuracy now increasing is simply because you are no longer getting destroyed by Aussies ;) Such a shame we can no longer aim.

Well anyway it's been fun. I'll be back when unlag is turned on again.

Thanks for causing this disappointment, Junior.

Try reading thread. This has nothing to do with high pings. Your statement is completely delusional.

Such a shame we have to pretend like there is no issue here just to appease you.

Postby murkey » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:25 am

g_antilag 1 on shrub is very shit junior, it literally doesnt help anyone it is fucking bullets up and making registration worse than ever... i have like 30 people or something and i feel like im playing a even worse version than 1.0 now, you should just turn unlag 1 back on. unlag 1 was probably the best level playing field since everyone around the world would have a more close fair advantage, now with antilag even with low ping shit doesn't register right. if you can't see that it's because your very bad or blind.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:33 am

murkey wrote:g_antilag 1 on shrub is very shit junior, it literally doesnt help anyone it is fucking bullets up and making registration worse than ever... i have like 30 people or something and i feel like im playing a even worse version than 1.0 now, you should just turn unlag 1 back on. unlag 1 was probably the best level playing field since everyone around the world would have a more close fair advantage, now with antilag even with low ping shit doesn't register right. if you can't see that it's because your very bad or blind.

I love how you people come here telling us what's fair based on your own personal experiences with unlag. You completely disregard the fact that I am not alone here.

I never said unlag disabled is fair to everyone I was only trying to bring to light the issue with unlag causing problems for some not all. How many times can I keep saying the same shit before you get it?

It seems everyone's opinion of fair is what's best for them...

I have already requested to have the unlag enabled but it's not up to me. I don't want to "misquote" MAA again but I think he wants to see how this turns out and if people can adjust.

Postby Tragic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Jun1oR wrote:
murkey wrote:g_antilag 1 on shrub is very shit junior, it literally doesnt help anyone it is fucking bullets up and making registration worse than ever... i have like 30 people or something and i feel like im playing a even worse version than 1.0 now, you should just turn unlag 1 back on. unlag 1 was probably the best level playing field since everyone around the world would have a more close fair advantage, now with antilag even with low ping shit doesn't register right. if you can't see that it's because your very bad or blind.

I love how you people come here telling us what's fair based on your own personal experiences with unlag. You completely disregard the fact that I am not alone here.

I never said unlag disabled is fair to everyone I was only trying to bring to light the issue with unlag causing problems for some not all. How many times can I keep saying the same shit before you get it?

I have already requested to have the unlag enabled but it's not up to me. I don't want to "misquote" MAA again but I think he wants to see how this turns out and if people can adjust.

That's the problem, nobody can adjust to change which is always the problem for some individuals. Only people in here that I see complaining, or have an issue are Australians(you have 300+ ping anyway) and South Americans with 90-100 ping. Nobody in here yet, except for murkey with a 40-50 ping have said anything negative towards the settings we are testing out.

Also not sure why some of you are even complaining to begin with, whenever I spec some of you regardless of the server setting you seem to still play awfully good, therefore it makes me wonder. If you can play just as fine/good with new settings, why change it back to the older settings? Advantages? Because quite honestly, that's the only shit I'm reading right now is who gets the better "advantage".

ECGN - "East Coast" Gaming Network.

Postby Hayling » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:56 pm

So now it's tied at 18?

Is it possible to replace the anti-lag and unlag with our own custom anti-lag for both serverside and clientside? (if possible with the appropriate source code, if it is possible)

Tragic, I don't recall any South Americans playing on ECGN... All I remember was one cheating a kid last year.

Postby pingrage » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Hayling wrote:So now it's tied at 18?

Is it possible to replace the anti-lag and unlag with our own custom anti-lag for both serverside and clientside? (if possible with the appropriate source code, if it is possible)

Tragic, I don't recall any South Americans playing on ECGN... All I remember was one cheating a kid last year.

It requires to be implemented into a mod, etc shrub, osp. But without the source code to shrub it's impossible.

MAA,

Have you consided using s4ndmod?

Can you please enable Unlag again so I can record demos demonstrating that Unlag 0 on client side turns off lag compensation calculations

Postby parcher » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:33 pm

I'm a 'low ping player' and am in favor of unlag since it allows higher ping players to play a level more close to their full ability. Anti-lag provides minimal assistance and has many drawbacks such as poor hit registration and headshot hitbox changes that affect everyone.

I enjoy playing against some of the higher skilled players from outside NA, and don't want to cripple them.

Etc, etc.

Postby Lazyeye » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Parcher just STFU! The balls of some people.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:40 am

Unlag is enabled.

For the low pingers with issues, please try using the /unlag command to disable/enable it and post your results.

Note: This is not a cvar that is saved across restarts. It's a client command similar to /hitsound that you need to do each time.

Postby Hayling » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:01 am

pingrage wrote:It requires to be implemented into a mod, etc shrub, osp. But without the source code to shrub it's impossible.

Oh well, this means we have to build a brand new mod with new anti-lag and the relevant source code to completely replace shrub. Unfortunately, that isn't possible.

Those who wanted unlag want it back on at the expense of several ECGN regulars who are having hit-reg issues (i.e Jun1or, Warpig, Pixi etc.)

Those who wanted unlag turned off in favor of an older Anti-lag which leveled the playing field but a few players out of its optimum efficiency will experience difficulties (i.e. Pingrage (AUS) & Murkey).

And one guy wanted no lag compensation at the expense of the entire ECGN community? Where did this guy think he was, a LAN Party? :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Hayling on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby murkey » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:21 am

Tragic wrote:
Jun1oR wrote:

That's the problem, nobody can adjust to change which is always the problem for some individuals. Only people in here that I see complaining, or have an issue are Australians(you have 300+ ping anyway) and South Americans with 90-100 ping. Nobody in here yet, except for murkey with a 40-50 ping have said anything negative towards the settings we are testing out.

Also not sure why some of you are even complaining to begin with, whenever I spec some of you regardless of the server setting you seem to still play awfully good, therefore it makes me wonder. If you can play just as fine/good with new settings, why change it back to the older settings? Advantages? Because quite honestly, that's the only shit I'm reading right now is who gets the better "advantage".

ECGN - "East Coast" Gaming Network.

I understand where you're coming from, but for a moment imagine if you we're Australian and this was the only game you cared and played for, then for no reason had the last server that had any decent publicity on take away the one thing that allowed you to kill people on a fair level.

It's true I'll play good on almost any type of environment but that doesn't mean it didn't mess up the hit registration of the server and felt very off compared to before. Even if I can play good with the worse settings ever why would I want to play with that when I should have optimal settings for gaming? Doesn't really make sense to me shouldn't to others either. It's really not about advantages at this point its about making it so everyone can play ECGN so the server doesn't die. Making it so high pingers(which majority of the people who play ecgn are from Europe) can't hit anyone like normal anymore is very unfair to them since they've supported the server for a very long time.

Hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Also LazyEye he's allowed to have an opinion you need to chill out...

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:41 am

murkey wrote:I understand where you're coming from, but for a moment imagine if you we're Australian and this was the only game you cared and played for, then for no reason had the last server that had any decent publicity on take away the one thing that allowed you to kill people on a fair level.

It's true I'll play good on almost any type of environment but that doesn't mean it didn't mess up the hit registration of the server and felt very off compared to before. Even if I can play good with the worse settings ever why would I want to play with that when I should have optimal settings for gaming? Doesn't really make sense to me shouldn't to others either. It's really not about advantages at this point its about making it so everyone can play ECGN so the server doesn't die. Making it so high pingers(which majority of the people who play ecgn are from Europe) can't hit anyone like normal anymore is very unfair to them since they've supported the server for a very long time.

Hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Also LazyEye he's allowed to have an opinion you need to chill out...

Murkey read what you wrote again and see how it also applies to me or anyone else having issues with unlag. So imagine that.

Your opinion of normal is because that's how the server has been forever. Just because it's been like this forever doesn't make it normal.

I know I will be avoiding the server and not out of protest but rather because there is no reason to play this game and get frustrated over the hit registration.

Also I have spec'ed plenty off people during this test, high and low pings. I didn't see anyone really having any issue. Both were able to still frag quickly. Shit Pixi(low ping) and snafu(high ping) were owning me the other day on the server and so was plenty of high pingers but it was nice to get killed knowing that the hit registration wasn't that cause.

So don't say no one can adjust to the change and just say you are not willing to adjust or rather continue the lies so you look better than you are.(I don't mean you specifically)

parcher wrote:I'm a 'low ping player' and am in favor of unlag since it allows higher ping players to play a level more close to their full ability. Anti-lag provides minimal assistance and has many drawbacks such as poor hit registration and headshot hitbox changes that affect everyone.

I enjoy playing against some of the higher skilled players from outside NA, and don't want to cripple them.

Etc, etc.

Parcher, you are low pinging player? No you're not. To be honest I see you between 50-100+ms. How is that possible? Are you gaming from the WiFi Hotspot on your phone?

I'm curious where your location actually is...

Anyone who has participated in this test knows the real reason you're for unlag. You don't like to get fragged by players lower than your skill level.

You keep posting your opinion because that's all it is an opinion. I'm pretty sure I have shown to those affected there is an issue with unlag. If you really wanted things to be fair you would at least be open to the fact that this is happening and try to help find a solution for everyone rather than continuing things they way they have always been.

As I am for unlag being disabled, I am more in favor of the majority and keeping the server alive even if that means I will no longer play here.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein