unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Preferred Server Settings?

Unlag disabled, g_antilag enabled
48%
Unlag enabled, g_antilag disabled
50%
Unlag disabled, g_antilag disabled
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Postby parcher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 am

I was replying to Tragic, when he said that he thought murkey was the only low ping player that wanted unlag back on. I'm from NA and relatively close to the server so I was saying that murkey was not the only person who wanted unlag on. Also, my internet is terrible and my ping ranges from like 50-150 sometimes with 40-50 percent packetloss, depending on the time of day. I'm not on Wifi, I have comcast and they have a monopoly in my area. The internet quality is total shit.

I am in favor of unlag since it is by far the most fair solution for all players.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:49 am

parcher wrote:I was replying to Tragic, when he said that he thought murkey was the only low ping player that wanted unlag back on. I'm from NA and relatively close to the server so I was saying that murkey was not the only person who wanted unlag on. Also, my internet is terrible and my ping ranges from like 50-150 sometimes with 40-50 percent packetloss, depending on the time of day. I'm not on Wifi, I have comcast and they have a monopoly in my area. The internet quality is total shit.

I am in favor of unlag since it is by far the most fair solution for all players.

You need to look into your own local network. Unless you live in some really small town far from comcast networks I can't see this to be a comcast issue. Do you game on wifi? Have you had a technician come out and check your signals? Send me a traceroute to the server when you are having issues.

I remember previously there was a bad router to the server outside of the datacenter that was causing issues for some that followed that path.

Postby parcher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:12 am

I don't game on wifi. I think part of the issue is my routing because if I use wtfast, many of the problems go away. However, I don't think I can use that on ecgn anymore.

Thanks for asking/trying to help. I'll try to do a tracert sometime when its really bad.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:16 pm

parcher wrote:I don't game on wifi. I think part of the issue is my routing because if I use wtfast, many of the problems go away. However, I don't think I can use that on ecgn anymore.

Thanks for asking/trying to help. I'll try to do a tracert sometime when its really bad.

PM me your modem MAC and I'll take a look at it.

Postby pingrage » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:00 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:Unlag is enabled.

For the low pingers with issues, please try using the /unlag command to disable/enable it and post your results.

Note: This is not a cvar that is saved across restarts. It's a client command similar to /hitsound that you need to do each time.

MAA,

Now that Unlag is back on can you place the pb_cvar limit of cl_timenudge back to -20 please.

Don't want anyone taking advantage of exploiting it.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:31 pm

It's not really exploitable

Postby dash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:03 am

murkey wrote:I understand where you're coming from, but for a moment imagine if you we're Australian and this was the only game you cared and played for, then for no reason had the last server that had any decent publicity on take away the one thing that allowed you to kill people on a fair level.

What will nosy do!!!?

Jun1oR wrote:Shit Pixi(low ping) and snafu(high ping) were owning me the other day on the server and so was plenty of high pingers but it was nice to get killed knowing that the hit registration wasn't that cause.

If you are getting owned by any high ping players with unlag off then I don't think unlag is your issue tbh.

Postby Hayling » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:40 pm

It's unlag and it's finest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bBJ8R7Lf8

slowmotion: https://youtu.be/s8bBJ8R7Lf8?t=56s

Apologies for the bloodflash. (Two seperate wolf folders, game and video)
Last edited by Hayling on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:52 pm

Hayling wrote:It's unlag and it's finest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bBJ8R7Lf8

Wow nice video Hayling. I must admit it wasn't great aiming on my part but I fired 21 shots and counted 10+ hits and you killed me with 5 shots(1 head shot 4 body shots.). My shots that miss you actually see them hit the walls.

I will send you better proof, where there is no doubt of aim so you can make another video like that if you have the time. This video was only from the first day of unlag being enabled and I didn't have much time to play.

Next time brighten it up with a better config.

Postby parcher » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:00 pm

Didn't watch the whole video, but in the first kill that Hayling had on you in upper base near backstairs, here is how I view the situation.

You catch hayling with his back semi-turned and reloading, you land quite a few bullets on him, aiming well. He then sprints backwards, you lose track of him for a moment, he double headshots you while sprinting back away. I don't think there is any issue with unlag here. Basically, you had him low and were expecting an easy kill. Most of the time you would have gotten it, except hayling was able to sprint/dodge backwards and you lose your tracking on him for a bit, although it is hard to tell this with blood flash. His movement/headshot and the fact that you were not dodging that well since you knew he was low and the lack of headshots by you were the reasons why he killed you. It happens to me as well when you expect an easy kill and leave yourself vulnerable for a bit.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:04 pm

parcher wrote:Didn't watch the whole video, but in the first kill that Hayling had on you in upper base near backstairs, here is how I view the situation.

You catch hayling with his back semi-turned and reloading, you land quite a few bullets on him, aiming well. He then sprints backwards, you lose track of him for a moment, he double headshots you while sprinting back away. I don't think there is any issue with unlag here. Basically, you had him low and were expecting an easy kill. Most of the time you would have gotten it, except hayling was able to sprint/dodge backwards and you lose your tracking on him for a bit, although it is hard to tell this with blood flash. His movement/headshot and the fact that you were not dodging that well since you knew he was low and the lack of headshots by you were the reasons why he killed you. It happens to me as well when you expect an easy kill and leave yourself vulnerable for a bit.

You already 100% wrong but keep trying to cover it up. If you watch my hp you can see what type of hits and how many they are. With a brighter cfg you can see more.

I start out at 111hp first shot Hayling fires is a head shot and took 50hp the remaining 4 shots did 18 damage each. View and count it. There was no double head shot.

Postby parcher » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Rewatching in slow mo

Ok, well perhaps it wasnt a double headshot. But I still dont see any problem with what happened. I count 7-8 hits from mp40? its a little hard to tell exactly how many,. Also, the thompson does more damage per hit than mp40. I count 5 more shots after his headshot on you with the thompson.

Edit: total 5 shots I think. not 5 after.
Last edited by parcher on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 pm

parcher wrote:Ok well, I'm not sure how you know it wasn't a double headshot. But even if it was a single headshot, then what I said still holds true. I don't see the problem here.

What don't you understand? You can count the shots by the damage they do to me. First shot did 50 damage the rest did 18 each.

111hp-61hp-43hp-25hp-7hp-0hp

Postby parcher » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Can't find stat for damage per shot in rtcw, but in ET it says 18 on some wiki site for thompson

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:25 pm

parcher wrote:Can't find stat for damage per shot in rtcw, but in ET it says 18 on some wiki site for thompson

It's 50 for a head shot, 18 for a body shot. It's easier to count the shots I miss than to count the ones that I hit. I counted 10 missed shots and I fired 21 shots total so that leaves me with 11 hits but let's say 10.

You can see I hit him 3 times before he is able to pick up the health pack. I'm not sure if the first 2 hits didn't register or it was just a delay.

I agree though this video isn't the greatest proof. I will get you one that you can't deny.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein