unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Preferred Server Settings?

Unlag disabled, g_antilag enabled
48%
Unlag enabled, g_antilag disabled
50%
Unlag disabled, g_antilag disabled
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Postby pingrage » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:30 am

pixi wrote:Ping, that cannot be true. My console said lag compensation is disabled, but my shots aren't registering. It's as if the server setting overpowers the individual. It doesn't work.

Think about it, if unlag caused hit registration issues why is it that it just affects certain individuals and not all?

How does unlag know to discriminate (when i mean discriminate i mean cause hit registration issues like you mention) against you vs me or a low ping player vs another low ping player?

If unlag caused hit registration issues it would affect everyone. Its a two way street.

Postby pixi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:36 am

pingrage wrote:
pixi wrote:Ping, that cannot be true. My console said lag compensation is disabled, but my shots aren't registering. It's as if the server setting overpowers the individual. It doesn't work.

Think about it, if unlag caused hit registration issues why is it that it just affects certain individuals and not all?

How does unlag know to discriminate (when i mean discriminate i mean cause hit registration issues like you mention) against you vs me or a low ping player vs another low ping player?

If unlag caused hit registration issues it would affect everyone. Its a two way street.

NAH, IT'S COMPLETELY COINCIDENTAL, YOU'RE RIGHT!

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:47 am

What kind of answer do you want?

I already mentioned it doesn't personally make a difference to me if it's on or off.
I already said I was going to leave it off to see how it went.

I don't see why you keep posting the same things over and over (i.e. Hit registration is definitely screwed up...Unloading 20 bullets in someone and they turn around and shoot you dead in 2 shots, etc.) and also deleting posts of the people who don't see an issue with it, as if you're building a better case to leave it off.

I honestly can't say I've seen anything like this terrible hit registration. I'm not saying you don't see something wrong. I'm saying I never did.

I guess the only hits that DO register are the ones shot at you, right?

I've also played on servers with high ping so I know what it's like for those folks too.

I've only chimed in when there are misleading or incorrect statements about what the setting does/doesn't do.

I'm trying to do my part keep the game and the community going and not just US players.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:45 am

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:What kind of answer do you want?

I already mentioned it doesn't personally make a difference to me if it's on or off.
I already said I was going to leave it off to see how it went.

I don't see why you keep posting the same things over and over (i.e. Hit registration is definitely screwed up...Unloading 20 bullets in someone and they turn around and shoot you dead in 2 shots, etc.) and also deleting posts of the people who don't see an issue with it, as if you're building a better case to leave it off.

I honestly can't say I've seen anything like this terrible hit registration. I'm not saying you don't see something wrong. I'm saying I never did.

I guess the only hits that DO register are the ones shot at you, right?

I've also played on servers with high ping so I know what it's like for those folks too.

I've only chimed in when there are misleading or incorrect statements about what the setting does/doesn't do.

I'm trying to do my part keep the game and the community going and not just US players.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you on this forum but you're the one misleading people now. I only deleted 2 comments. One was a 2 word sentence from parcher that brought nothing to the thread and the other was pingrage calling me a noob. Pingrage made 2 comments in a row, I left the one that was relevant and deleted the second one of him talking Trash.

Ask anyone here, I told them to post their results of this test even if they disagreed with me. Which was supposed to be only a test so I may confirm or the deny the presence of poor hit registration as a result of unlag. I have already done so and asked you days ago to return the server to normal.

I have to keep repeating myself because people keep making this out to be about "high pingers" and keep saying "its not fair to us". The only thing this is about is unlag itself and to address the issue. Then hopefully come to some sort of medium for us all. If those people would haved bothered to read the thread they wouldn't keep asking the same things and I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself. I was starting to loose my patience.

I didn't mean to sound like this is a US server and we only care about US players but I was starting to get upset having to cater to the non US players and their complaints about "its not fair" when it's already not fair. Its never been fair and people are starting to realize this now. So what about the majority of us is all I meant.

Also I want to address another thing. To anyone reading this you might see a red administrator title under my name but I am no different than any other server admin. This is MAA's server I don't make any decisions towards 'his' server. I don't want that to confuse people into thinking that you and I run ecgn or I have a bigger role here than I do.

I appreciate what MAA does for us and the money he spends every month out of his own pocket with no help from us to host this last great server. I don't want to see it go away but it's frustrating to play here knowing what I know.

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:I guess the only hits that DO register are the ones shot at you, right?

It doesn't help when you keep making remarks like this towards me. It's a slap in the face.

RTCW Admin

Postby Villain » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 am

Please do not ruin this small community of 300 players by making these far reaching changes to the server.

If unlag should be causing problems it should do so for everyone. I think I've experienced all the problems Jun1or is refering to as unlag-related in the past too even though I have a ping of 120+ .... getting killed while running behind a wall/around the corner out of the line of fire ... or moments when i thought "WTF, why dont you DIE!!! Although i pumped you full of lead" ... but these moments were exceptions and didn't ruin the fun of playing this game on an almost daily basis for the last 5 years.

But with unlag disabled the fun is gone and playing this game has become a spray and pray and therefor pointless (at least for me).

All the people stating that they are doing better now ... YES - of course you do, you have the benefit of a lower ping and you are able to kill more of the high-pinger cause they can't hit shit anymore.

And correct me if I'm wrong but this poll doesn't make any sense.
afaik g_antilag was only enabled for a brief period on friday/saturday? last week, when people didn't even know what they were dealing with.

F1 for unlag enabled & bringing the fun back :gamer1:

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:46 am

^^^^^^ and there is a perfect example of why I have to keep repeating myself. I'm done with this thread take whatever you guys can from it.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 am

OK...so results about as expected.

Low pingers (most) - unlagged off / High pingers (and a few others) unlagged on

Also, no word on testing if /unlag 0 command was tested other than Junior's report (Needs followup)

Next phase of test:
Stock antilag is now enabled.

Postby pixi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:OK...so results about as expected.

Low pingers (most) - unlagged off / High pingers (and a few others) unlagged on

Also, no word on testing if /unlag 0 command was tested other than Junior's report (Needs followup)

Next phase of test:
Stock antilag is now enabled.

Does this mean antilag is enabled AND unlag is disabled today? Just trying to clarify, not trying to fight.

Postby Hayling » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:55 pm

pixi wrote:Does this mean antilag is enabled AND unlag is disabled today? Just trying to clarify, not trying to fight.

Here you go:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Yes stock antilag only

Postby pingrage » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Hayling wrote:
pixi wrote:Does this mean antilag is enabled AND unlag is disabled today? Just trying to clarify, not trying to fight.

Here you go:

Lol

Postby pixi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:13 pm

pingrage wrote:
Hayling wrote:

Here you go:

Lol

Why is this funny? I wasn't home when I asked it and didn't realize I could check there. Sorry...

Postby pixi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:14 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:Yes stock antilag only

Thanks MAA, just wanted to clarify to know what I'm judging today.

Was this how it was last night? Unlag 0 and antilag 1?

Postby Hayling » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:39 pm

With anti-lag active the only pro is: shots are registering and nearly nobody has an advantage.

My aim was okay for a few moments then started aiming inconsistently - problem is now on my end.

Location: Roses are red, violets are blue. Jossue deleted /system32.

Postby *OF*James Bundy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:03 pm

I have to agree with Sshooter and Villain. With the unlag off it makes the game pretty much unplayable for higher ping players.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein