unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Preferred Server Settings?

Unlag disabled, g_antilag enabled
48%
Unlag enabled, g_antilag disabled
50%
Unlag disabled, g_antilag disabled
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: unlag(shrub) vs antilag(osp/default)?

Postby =TAO=WARPIG » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:21 pm

*OF*James Bundy wrote:I have to agree with Sshooter and Villain. With the unlag off it makes the game pretty much unplayable for higher ping players.

Yes and the other way makes it unplayable for the low pingers. So we're the ones who actually have a good ping and have to punished for it by being screwed over FOREVER..then listen to people say "you suck". Maybe after all of these years no one was actually hacking... but they might as well have been imo. Nobody seems to care about low-pingers leaving cause seriously I don't know how many more times I can take parch and a few others hs me 5 feet past a wall.

I'll tell you this, with it off.. I'm kickin' ass and it seems that the only players that don't like it are the same ones I've been calling bullshit on for years.

Glitches comment nailed it imo.

Glitch wrote:So many cry babies lmao. :violin:

Unlag should stay off, it has leveled the playing field for a bunch of people. People i thought were ass actually have a half way decent shot now. It's a nice change, and those who are looked at as the best on the server are now equal to others..

Either way I don't care, the best will be best with it on or off in my opinion. Just saying it's nice when everyone has a fair chance.. even the worst players on the server are doing better now.

Postby pixi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 pm

=TAO=WARPIG wrote:
*OF*James Bundy wrote:I have to agree with Sshooter and Villain. With the unlag off it makes the game pretty much unplayable for higher ping players.

Yes and the other way makes it unplayable for the low pingers. So we're the ones who actually have a good ping and have to punished for it by being screwed over FOREVER..then listen to people say "you suck". Maybe after all of these years no one was actually hacking... but they might as well have been imo. Nobody seems to care about low-pingers leaving cause seriously I don't know how many more times I can take parch and a few others hs me 5 feet past a wall.

I'll tell you this, with it off.. I'm kickin' ass and it seems that the only players that don't like it are the same ones I've been calling bullshit on for years.

Glitches comment nailed it imo.

Glitch wrote:So many cry babies lmao. :violin:

Unlag should stay off, it has leveled the playing field for a bunch of people. People i thought were ass actually have a half way decent shot now. It's a nice change, and those who are looked at as the best on the server are now equal to others..

Either way I don't care, the best will be best with it on or off in my opinion. Just saying it's nice when everyone has a fair chance.. even the worst players on the server are doing better now.

As much as you frustrate me warpig, I'm all with you on this. Thank you.

Postby Glitch » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:06 am

Last night was fun.. I think the server should stay like that..

I was killing high pingers, and they killed me just as easily, even on a 1 on 1 i got rocked a few times. Shit, some high pingers were putting up higher scores and a better KR than i was.. i got shot around a corner or two, but I'm not complaining, overall it was more even than I've ever seen it.

All day yesterday everyone was doing fine, even those who said they weren't sure about it and didn't like it.. they still put up a positive KR.

I wont name names, but there was a player with a 125 ping that owned the server for a good 2-3 rounds last night and did it without complaining about a damn thing and it was all legit. Sure he may have had to work for those kills but that's how its supposed to be for everyone... work for it.

And I'm not saying this because i have a low ping and my shots register.. I'm not looking at this from a subjective perspective.. i want it to work for everyone. But the fact that i saw it working both ways last night and people still complain is pretty sad because eventually one side is going to lose and be left with the shit end of the stick. but no one cares about that.. as long as they get it their way right? lmao

The server is fine the way it is now..

People just need to deal with it. After last night it's obvious it's not impossible for a high pinger or a low one to get good stats and enjoy the game the way it is. And if everyone loves the game the way they say they do.. then start acting like it. The game is playable for both sides.. give it a chance and get used to it. And actually try aiming better and having a quicker reaction time and you'll be fine.

Postby murkey » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:11 pm

please either turn antilag off and unlag back on
or turn both off

even with 30 ping I can see a big difference compared to before my bullets are very slow when they hit the enemy, bullet registration is 100x worse than osp now. please turn both off or unlag 1 idc which but antilag is really shit

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm very aware of the quality of stock antilag but it was requested that it be tested which is why it is on.

Postby pingrage » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Feedback for me playing with g_antilag 1

It's like playing with no antilag enable g_antilag or unlag.

It provides no assistance.

Postby sdi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:19 am

I come from Norway so sorry for bad English.

I have to say that the past week was not good for me to play on this server. With both unlag and antilag 0 it was not playable. If its like this for you low pingers with unlag 1 like we high pingers has it with unlag 0, then you have my full sympathy. Did not know it was so bad. I've played rtcw for 15 years and I've almost always played with 125 ++ ping so I've gotten used to it.

Yesterday, or was it the day before, things got a bit better again. I could give low pingers a good fight again and it was almost as before for me. There were some weird things happened yesterday especially in 1 on 1 against Glitch and some others low pingers but it has always been like that on this server. I have been killed around cornes and walls just as much as u guys but that just the way it is on a server where some players have 20 ping and others have 200.
Whats important is that the server admins are trying to make it as equal as possible for everyone and if US players experiencing unlag 1 like we Euros experience unlag 0, then maybe unlag 0 and antilag 1 is the answer. It seemed at least better for me.

So I totally agree with Glitch that we just have to adapt to what is best for everyone. Some will get it a little better while others will get it a little worse. There are not many of us left who play this game and we can not afford to lose any. (Perhaps with the exception of Assassin and his damn panzer :lol: ).

RTCW Admin

Postby S.Shooter » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 pm

So after 2 days of no lag compesation at all. I must say g_antilag is really not that bad.
Like a few guys said. It levels quite a bit in aim for most parts. I'm new to it, beeing used to /unlag on. (and yeah when unlag is ON the server, then going /unlag 0 in the console, tried it long time ago - i quickly turned it back on)

I couldn't hit shit with both of it off. Now i have a chance at least. And hs% have risen quite a bit.

If i have to choose, i would say unlag>antilag>off.
But the looks of it, perhaps go for g_antilag at this point.

Postby pixi » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:15 am

So, I can handle unlag disabled and antilag enabled. It definitely seems to be the fairest playing ground. The past few days I've had some amazing rounds where I could kill people like crazy whom I normally can't own well (destiny, sdi). It leveled our playing field quite a bit. I personally prefer both disabled, but it was the fairest.

Let's do that please.

And even Shooter and sdi seem okay with it with their higher pings. IMHO it's the fairest EASILY.

Postby Tragic » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:19 pm

pixi wrote:So, I can handle unlag disabled and antilag enabled. It definitely seems to be the fairest playing ground. The past few days I've had some amazing rounds where I could kill people like crazy whom I normally can't own well (destiny, sdi). It leveled our playing field quite a bit. I personally prefer both disabled, but it was the fairest.

Let's do that please.

And even Shooter and sdi seem okay with it with their higher pings. IMHO it's the fairest EASILY.

I agree both of them off seemed to have been the best option thus far. However, with anti-lag on it also seemed to have leveled the playing field a lot more than with both off. At this point, anti-lag on, or both off.

Postby murkey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:36 pm

should just put osp on the server and call it a day. shrub is bad anyways

Postby pipi » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:45 pm

pixi wrote:So, I can handle unlag disabled and antilag enabled. It definitely seems to be the fairest playing ground. The past few days I've had some amazing rounds where I could kill people like crazy whom I normally can't own well (destiny, sdi). It leveled our playing field quite a bit. I personally prefer both disabled, but it was the fairest.

Let's do that please.

Yea of course you can kill people like crazy like destiny or sdi. For the high pingers it's impossible to play like this or at the very least their skill level has dropped quite a lot.

And you got it the other way. Unlag on makes it the closest to a level playing field. Low pingers have already a major advantage. Unlag compensates the disadvantage high pingers have in order to make it somewhat equal. So unlag on makes it a level playing field, not the opposite. At least try to be intellectually honest. The way it is now, the low pingers have all the advantages and for the high pingers it's unplayable. Unlag compensates the disadvantages high pingers have and make it a level playing field. Why the hell are you even saying it is now a level playing field?? That's completely untrue. On what is that statement actually based? Just because you can kill better players now unlike before? 'ok'..

And stop with quoting and agreeing with any comment that suits you just to influence the outcome of this discussion. Every comment that is in favour of disabling unlag and immediately you say 'i agree with this' no matter if there's any truth in the comment or not. At least keep the discussion fair and honest.

Postby Hayling » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Weren't you here for the Anti-Lag active (not unlag) test beginning on Friday Pipi?

I'm sure both a Norwegian and a Swedish at the moment said it's doable so far. At least it's better than no lag compensation at all.

So far only Murkey and Pingrage have a problem with Anti-Lag and everyone else seems to not have a problem with it.

Who the hell voted for neither turned on?

Postby murkey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:06 pm

well tbh i dont really care about antilag or not i just felt that it was making my bullets slower to hit the enemy than before. i just prefer either both off or unlag on since antilag seems to make my bullets hit really slow than normal.

Postby pingrage » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:17 pm

murkey wrote:well tbh i dont really care about antilag or not i just felt that it was making my bullets slower to hit the enemy than before. i just prefer either both off or unlag on since antilag seems to make my bullets hit really slow than normal.

I felt like i was a whale, so heavy. I was having a hard time doing the jump from forward spawn to trenches on beach.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein