Server?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Server?

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the server today?

*Moderator edit*

Temporary Shrub Servers

91.205.193.104:27960 <- mad server (shrub and maprotation) 30 slots

REMOVED <- Jun1oR's server(shrub, map rotation, unlag enabled) 64 slots

108.183.85.227:27960 <- Del_'s server(shrub 3.1.1b , beach stopwatch , unlag enabled, 10/20 allied/axis respawn) 30 slots

209.114.176.69:27960 <- =WFL= Waffel House (shrub and map rotation) 18 slots

RTCW Admin

Re: Server?

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:02 pm

I took it down to give players a chance to find another server they are more happy playing on.

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Will you put it back up? I worked hard on my work today hoping to take a break to my favorite thing, and I can't. I don't want to go anywhere else. I can't speak for anyone else. I am so, so sorry people (including myself) have been acting so ungrateful and fighting so much. But I would give anything for some ecgn right now. :/

You are appreciated. Please know that.

Postby Glitch » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Lol that's crazy!

I'm not mad, i completely understand... wish it was up though missing it already.

Like i said before, people need to stop complaining and enjoy it / deal with it or find something else.. the arguing was dumb and unnecessary. However, I don't think everyone should be punished for it all.. some of us actually enjoy the game either way.

Missing ECGN... Other servers suck and usually have bots and osp isn't all the time..

Hopefully you find it in you to start it back up and leave it the way it is and say F what everyone says and complains about.. enjoy it or leave period.. more than likely they'll stay.. they have all these years, why leave now?

Postby Naveen Tahim » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah it's strange. I'm not really sure what happened but I'm sure a lot of players just want to play without caring much about the drama.

I would really like the server to come back again. I would appreciate it. Thank you!

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Literally every other day I have to try appease some complainer about the server in one capacity or another.

I'm not playing if x is playing, we want to play skulls and they're doing objectives, I'm done playing here cuz I can't hit player x.

I may bring the server back with no admins and a rotation, I may work on a new mod if I have some time on my hands. Not sure.
But for now, I'm done dealing with it.

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:53 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:Literally every other day I have to try appease some complainer about the server in one capacity or another.

I'm not playing if x is playing, we want to play skulls and they're doing objectives, I'm done playing here cuz I can't hit player x.

I may bring the server back with no admins and a rotation, I may work on a new mod if I have some time on my hands. Not sure.
But for now, I'm done dealing with it.

Please... :/ bah. I can't like imagine not having it.

Postby Naveen Tahim » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Ok, MAA. I've been playing here since 2004 with no issues and complaints at all. I just wanted to let you know I love the server AS IS - Beach 24/7. I mean, you can't make everyone happy all the time. It seemed to me that most of the loyal players seemed happy to be just playing there. I truly think the complainers are the exception rather than the rule. I can't speak for you but I don't think the need to keep the complainers happy is all that important. They can leave if they want. The ones who are happy with the server will continue to play.

I do understand where your coming from though. Maybe give it a few days and see how things go but I would be a bit sad to see the server go.

Postby pixi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:57 pm

I keep typing in the IP hoping and praying it will connect. :(

Postby Glitch » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:00 pm

I can understand the frustration.. don't bother catering to anyone man.. people are selfish..

I'm here because i care for what you've done and have tried to do for the server, all of us, and the game.. that's greatly appreciated. if anyone complains then F them lol no need to respond or try to make it better for them.. they will play regardless.. And I'm sure you know that and i don't have to say anything about it.. but still. Too many people like the game and this server to abandon it and not join it anymore over stupid shit.

Bringing it back would be nice for a bunch of us and I would greatly appreciate that and you for doing it. Whatever it is you choose to do, don't bother trying to please everyone else on settings. the server was fine before all this stuff, only thing is the complainers, but F them.. People are grown and need to act like it.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:03 pm

91.205.193.104:27960 <- mad server (shrub and maprotation)

i can understand MAA, being an admin can be very frustrating, but i believe most people enjoy playing on ecgn. hope u put it soon back on.

Postby Naveen Tahim » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Glitch wrote:I can understand the frustration.. don't bother catering to anyone man.. people are selfish..

I'm here because i care for what you've done and have tried to do for the server, all of us, and the game.. that's greatly appreciated. if anyone complains then F them lol no need to respond or try to make it better for them.. they will play regardless.. And I'm sure you know that and i don't have to say anything about it.. but still. Too many people like the game and this server to abandon it and not join it anymore over stupid shit.

Bringing it back would be nice for a bunch of us and I would greatly appreciate that and you for doing it. Whatever it is you choose to do, don't bother trying to please everyone else on settings. the server was fine before all this stuff, only thing is the complainers, but F them.. People are grown and need to act like it.

Yeah, the server has been running just great for all these years. The complainers will always complain but let's please not try to let them ruin things for everyone else. There is truly a nice community we have here on ECGN. I hope to see it continue for a long time.

Postby paint:> » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Damn. Because of a few complainers, the server goes away. This was the last popular server. Rtcw is finally dead. No longer can you plan on a popular server daily. There's just the 2 nights a week a few of us can play OSP. Thanks for the fun years! Time to move on.

Postby parcher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm going to try to put up a server while ecgn is down, with the same config and settings.

Just rented one in washington dc.

I'll post more details later.

Thanks to MAA for ECGN.

Postby aoe3 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:07 pm

I agree with Naveen Tahim.

Please dont let the complainers ruin it for us who just want to play rtcw. Hope to see server up in future.. Its only one i play now.

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein