Hello all

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Hello all

Postby Canni » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi all its been years I used to go under the name cannibus , I was an imature shit back then ...I see people are still playing ecgn....i do have all my old wolfenstein discs and too be honest I was wondering if I just install the disks as normal or do I do something else to install the game as I'm itching to play again...all grown up now lol...... But yea any help would be appreciated as I don't have a clue , as can u run it on new windows or would I just use xp ect?......Thanks :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

Re: Hello all

Postby Hayling » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Canni wrote:Hi all its been years I used to go under the name cannibus , I was an imature shit back then ...I see people are still playing ecgn....i do have all my old wolfenstein discs and too be honest I was wondering if I just install the disks as normal or do I do something else to install the game as I'm itching to play again...all grown up now lol...... But yea any help would be appreciated as I don't have a clue , as can u run it on new windows or would I just use xp ect?......Thanks :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:
Welcome back sir! :)

For XP up to at least Windows 8.1 you just reinstall RTCW.

But for Windows 10 I was forced to use the 'iortcw' version because my AMD GPU and drivers produce extremely weak FPS on the latest Windows O/S with the stock game.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Hayling wrote:
Canni wrote:Hi all its been years I used to go under the name cannibus , I was an imature shit back then ...I see people are still playing ecgn....i do have all my old wolfenstein discs and too be honest I was wondering if I just install the disks as normal or do I do something else to install the game as I'm itching to play again...all grown up now lol...... But yea any help would be appreciated as I don't have a clue , as can u run it on new windows or would I just use xp ect?......Thanks :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:
Welcome back sir! :)

For XP up to at least Windows 8.1 you just reinstall RTCW.

But for Windows 10 I was forced to use the 'iortcw' version because my AMD GPU and drivers produce extremely weak FPS on the latest Windows O/S with the stock game.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26589#p367455

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Cannibus in all green!!! Come back! Come back! (Rose from Titanic)

Postby Canni » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:08 am

On night shifts at the mo .... I've just dug out my old lappy with xp on so can I just re install discs and update to 1.5 as I still have the 1.41/ET discs lol :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: ..or shall I use euros link ..sorry no good at this hehehe

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:27 am

Sup C

Postby Canni » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:06 am

Sup bro I'm going to try install in hour

Postby Casey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Heya Canni great to hear from you, welcome back, there still a few of us around :alcoholic:. I haven't seen you since Depot days, hopefully you can get it up and running. It won't take you long to shake the rust off once you do, I'm sure. ;D

If you have trouble with old discs or something, I think you could also pick a copy up on Steam for $5 or something like that. :gamer1:

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Who's that new all-green guy (forget the name) - is that you Cannibus?

Postby HRANTIK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:04 am

Cannibus! I remember you!
Cant believe the rtcw community is still alive. This is great! I just opened rtcw on my old pc file server & for the first time in many years noticed there are finally rtcw servers hosting! I cant believe my eyes!

Veteran rtcw player here from the early to mid-late 2000s. I think I stopped playing around 2008. Some of you might remember me. Anyone else from the golden rtcw days here?

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Welcome back! There are a lot of these posts happening recently - old posts resurrected and old players coming here and reinstalling the game. I've noticed a couple of newer players on the server (or guys that look like they are playing "rusty"), but maybe you could also post the name you play under on the server if not the one you registered here with. If you remember all the goings-on with aliases... well, we still have our share of those guys, but we know who they are... it's great to have new meatshields! :ar15: :P

Postby Destructor » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Been thinking of reinstalling again myself. Might just do that later tonight.

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein