Frostbite: big garage door blown by default

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Frostbite: big garage door blown by default

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Is it possible to start the FROSTBITE map with the big garage-style door (the one most of the time left intact) already blown? Most players when on allies won't blow this door, because leaving it intact in fact help allies. Only problem, it makes the game more boring! When the door is blown, axis can defend the objective but when it's not blown it makes it very difficult.

Bottom line, with this door blown, it makes the game more fun, a lot more fun.
:ar15:

So could we start the map with the door already blown? Is it possible?

Door open=more fun :superman:

RTCW Admin

Re: Frostbite: big garage door blown by default

Postby EurO » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:14 am

You can't be sure after 16 years of a game being around, but in all my time, I don't believe that a map can have a parameter like that "installed" unless the map was designed that way. Like, I wouldn't think you could put in a command for a single map that would have a single destroyable wall changed without anything else being affected.
I'm assuming that above, you meant leaving the wall intact would help the Axis. Also, I believe that you mean it would be more fun for the Axis with the wall blown. My best guess scenario would be to go as engineer as soon as the map starts with you on Allies, and then see how it goes. You might get razzed by the other Allies for doing so, but at least you could test your theory. There are a few players I've seen run the docs through the Axis spawn and go via the wall you are referring to to get to the radio, but it is 9 out of 10 times maybe.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:35 am

on some maps it's possible to disable some objects with g_noobjspawns x. dunno if it works on frostbite.
the only reason to blow the big gate on frostbite would be when allies have a hard time to get the flag. once allies got the flag, theres no point to open the gate, it would just help axis to defend the docs once they are taken.
(same with the basement door on chateau.)

Postby pipi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:33 am

The courtyard/doc defense and attack is actually the most fun part of the map. The longer it takes the better for me.

Blowing the wall up by default would ruin the map. Some gay obj runner like Bundy would immediately go that way, grab the docs and finish the map within 1 or 2 min. THAT is boring.

In the last part when the allies have docs and camp transmitter it would indeed be better if the door would be blown but that doesn't happen too often. A better way would be if both teams could plant dyna to blow up the wall (axis to get easier to transmitter & allies to go to docs) but that's most likely not possible.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:48 am

pipi wrote:A better way would be if both teams could plant dyna to blow up the wall (axis to get easier to transmitter & allies to go to docs) but that's most likely not possible.

there's even a command for this: g_destroyownobj
xD
i use it sometimes on MaD, but just to help allies when they are in some kind of disadvantage. would be an option to enable it on frostbite.

would be fun anyway to diable some objectives, to really go for skulls. on depot for example u can disable the aircrafts (and/or the gates) with g_noobjspawns.

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:34 pm

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:the only reason to blow the big gate on frostbite would be when allies have a hard time to get the flag. once allies got the flag, theres no point to open the gate, it would just help axis to defend the docs once they are taken.
(same with the basement door on chateau.)

I know there is no point for allies to blow it thats why I want it down from the start, it makes the axis job of defending the objective going to the final point more feasable and more balanced, more fun.
If the door is up, once the allies bring the objective near the wooden cabin, the chances for allies to win are like 80%, because it's very difficult for axis to go over the wall.

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:38 pm

pipi wrote:
Blowing the wall up by default would ruin the map. Some gay obj runner like Bundy would immediately go that way, grab the docs and finish the map within 1 or 2 min. THAT is boring.
e.

I don't think it would change anything in the battlr in the yard. Yes there is a possibility somme ahole like bundy runs it but it's unlikely. He has to run by the axis spawn.

I have been blowing the door every time I,m playing this map for the last 2 or 3 days and I'm telling you, the games have been more fun.

Postby Tek_killa.qc » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:43 pm

EurO wrote: Also, I believe that you mean it would be more fun for the Axis with the wall blown. My best guess scenario would be to go as engineer as soon as the map starts with you on Allies, and then see how it goes. You might get razzed by the other Allies for doing so, but at least you could test your theory. e.

More fun for axis and allies, a longer more intense game, I mean we have been around the block with this game so if we can find easy ways to makenit more fun , let's at least try.

And btw I have been blowing the door every time I have played the map for the last 2 or 3 days and I'm telling you, the games are more fun.

Postby pipi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Tek_killa.qc wrote:
pipi wrote:
e.

I don't think it would change anything in the battlr in the yard. Yes there is a possibility somme ahole like bundy runs it but it's unlikely. He has to run by the axis spawn.

I have been blowing the door every time I,m playing this map for the last 2 or 3 days and I'm telling you, the games have been more fun.

Most people spawn up, not in the garage, so you can easily pass by through garage right all the way to docs. Only when there are a lot of people on the server people spawn in the garage otherwise you spawn up. You can easily grab docs and strafejump on that truck right into the garage in a few sec. Then you have the road that goes down where you can strafejump aswell. Within 10 sec you can be at the wall and jump over it.

In the beginning most people will be too busy with all the chaos going on at flag and door to notice anything. Even if you notice it 99% of the people will be at flag or door and you are too late to catch the doc carrier. You have to go all the way back to truck to go to the wall. The only way to catch him is to either be dead at that moment or selfkill and hope you have a good (quick) spawn.

It's maybe ok when there are 20+ people on but with less people it's not a good idea.

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein