3vs3 Shrub League

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Re: 3vs3 Shrub League

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 pm

A.S.S. played their 3rd match already tonight and made a draw vs. BS. maps communique and axis complex were played.

chronic and hendrix build the 8th team for the tournament and looking for a 3rd weaker player.

Postby The new lukino » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Etwas I can enter the team H?

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 am

i havent forgot u lukino. i'm sorry, but chronic asked hendrix to join already as 2nd and they need a weak part now to keep it even.
8 teams will be the maximum amount of teams (at least for this 1st season, we will make a 2nd season with probably new teams).

2, 3 people have bad communication-skills in the tournament. if this continues, they gonna be replaced or worst case, their whole team gets kicked.

Postby Tragic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 pm

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:yes, sure. nice and good. i'm on discord too. but i can't force people to join there.
with most of the guys in the tournament i'm in contact and things can be organised. + i can count on them. if they don't have time, they tell me days before the match is gonna happen.
but if there are 2 or 3 players who just are bad with communication-skills, well...
i know my black sheeps and im sure they can be handled. if not the affected team(s) get banned from the tournament or get a new player. cant have 5 people waiting for the 6th to get the match started.

edit: tragic, a "3vs3 Shrub League" channel on the rtcw server would be nice.

I will need a list of people who are in the tournament so I can have the admin add everyone to the channel. Whoever is here and used the link let us know.

Postby pixi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:i havent forgot u lukino. i'm sorry, but chronic asked hendrix to join already as 2nd and they need a weak part now to keep it even.
8 teams will be the maximum amount of teams (at least for this 1st season, we will make a 2nd season with probably new teams).

2, 3 people have bad communication-skills in the tournament. if this continues, they gonna be replaced or worst case, their whole team gets kicked.

just going to throw it out there that both chronic and destiny are two of the top few players in this entire tournament. definitely don't see it as fair to have them both one team. but that's just my two cents, not an argument. both are easily A-level though.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 am

yes, it's gonna be a tough one. destiny = hendrix? well, i think at least tragic, joep, prowler and marny are slightly better and he's more on a level of jova, sonar or erehart. wait for the 3rd player they get (krause?) :)
it's hard to make the perfect equal teams, but anything is possible with a good teamplay. see ASS vs BS ended in a draw. wouldnt except that by reading the teams playernames.
anyway, i like the challenge.

tragic, there's only jova, the guys from GS and me on discord so far. i'm trying to get more there.

Postby pixi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 am

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:yes, it's gonna be a tough one. destiny = hendrix? well, i think at least tragic, joep, prowler and marny are slightly better and he's more on a level of jova, sonar or erehart. wait for the 3rd player they get (krause?) :)
it's hard to make the perfect equal teams, but anything is possible with a good teamplay. see ASS vs BS ended in a draw. wouldnt except that by reading the teams playernames.

tragic, there's only jova, the guys from GS and me on discord so far. i'm trying to get more there.

Well, me and Erehart are on the same level, me being slightly better at shrub than he is. And both of us (speaking to him now) think the only two people better than destiny are tragic, chronic, and koko. We just know there is no way in hell we will beat TT or chronic's team, so my team is questioning if it's even worth it knowing you're allowing those too together.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 am

it's funny how u guys have absolutely no problem with an extremely weak team like ESC, but teams which might be slighlty better than others are such a big problem.

here's what i just posted on mad-forum:
to all who fear teams like tragic/sonar or chronic/hendrix and think they might got overpowered, see it as a challenge. other teams are not far away from them, and a good teamplay mostly beats skilled super-aim. well, i cant wait to challenge them with NHM :)

i'm more worried about the weak part of the tournament with ESC. now i wish i would have never agreed to nanas request of building a team with nat and fox.bnj together.
i want ESC to rethink their teambuild. nana should give away one player (to chronic and hendrix or as a replacement for jay k) and get a stronger one. i'm sure there could be still one good player recruited from ecgn to join ESC (edit: lukino still wants to play).
if this happens, we have to deal with their first match vs BS, if we keep it or if its gonna be replayed.
but this is not my choice, just my thoughts. let me know what u think of it.

possible teams would look like:
chronic/hendrix/fox.bnj
nana/lukino/nat

Postby pixi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 am

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:it's funny how u guys have absolutely no problem with an extremely weak team like ESC, but teams which might be slighlty better than others are such a big problem.

here's what i just posted on mad-forum:
to all who fear teams like tragic/sonar or chronic/hendrix and think they might got overpowered, see it as a challenge. other teams are not far away from them, and a good teamplay mostly beats skilled super-aim. well, i cant wait to challenge them with NHM :)

i'm more worried about the weak part of the tournament with ESC. now i wish i would have never agreed to nanas request of building a team with nat and fox.bnj together.
i want ESC to rethink their teambuild. nana should give away one player (to chronic and hendrix or as a replacement for jay k) and get a stronger one. i'm sure there could be still one good player recruited from ecgn to join ESC (edit: lukino still wants to play).
if this happens, we have to deal with their first match vs BS, if we keep it or if its gonna be replayed.
but this is not my choice, just my thoughts. let me know what u think of it.

possible teams would look like:
chronic/hendrix/fox.bnj
nana/lukino/nat

That's a fair point -- I see what you are saying about ESC. I am sorry I never thought about it. Destiny is generally better than Lukino. I am not sure who nana is --does he have another name? Not knowing who that is, I think Chronic, Nat, and Nana and Destiny, Lukino, and Fox.BNJ would be a better fit. Again, that is not knowing who Nana is. :P One of those teams is EXTREMELY powerful and the other is quite weak. Maybe a talk could be made to switch it to that. I just strongly feel those two should be split up and balanced out. I dunno. I will shut up. It'll be a good challenge for sure, but I know my team is FAR out of practice with Shrub and we don't stand a chance. Guess I'll try to see it as an opportunity to improve if they don't work something out. :) Thanks for talking about it with me and not getting too upset. :P

Postby Tragic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:29 am

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:yes, it's gonna be a tough one. destiny = hendrix? well, i think at least tragic, joep, prowler and marny are slightly better and he's more on a level of jova, sonar or erehart. wait for the 3rd player they get (krause?) :)

As I said when I first commented here, you can put me with guys who you feel are weaker. I only chose sonar because I've never seen some of the other players so I can't judge them on anything. That being said, if you wish to put me with guys with less "skills" I have no problem, but hear this out first:
I feel as thought chronic/hendrix isn't as strong as some may put off. Yes they're good, but it's a lot different 3v3ing then it is to just pub/camp corners like several of these guys do on ecgn. Which the same can be said about our team, but I don't camp that often - at least on ecgn.

As for discord, I'm asking the admin to make us a channel. I think it's best if everyone gets on discord and we just use the 3v3-shrub channel as a general channel for info and gathering guys.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 am

thanks for understanding, pixi. for nana i can say, he is a pretty good shot and is in group a for a reason. he hasnt played wolf for some years, but rejoined some months ago. http://stats.ecgnetwork.co/rtcwstats/pl ... F861&key=1

and tragic made a good point there. pretty big difference if u go for obj or just go for the kill-ratio (like many good fraggers do on ecgn, which is no problem, as mostly teams go for skulls anyway, unless bundy is on :)).

Postby pixi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 am

[[[MAD.etwas]]] wrote:thanks for understanding, pixi. for nana i can say, he is a pretty good shot and is in group a for a reason. he hasnt played wolf for some years, but rejoined some months ago. http://stats.ecgnetwork.co/rtcwstats/pl ... F861&key=1

and tragic made a good point there. pretty big difference if u go for obj or just go for the kill-ratio (like many good fraggers do on ecgn, which is no problem, as mostly teams go for skulls anyway, unless bundy is on :)).

Alright, in that case, I definitely think Destiny and Nana should be switched. Those are my two thoughts :)

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:03 pm

dont wanna rip the ESC team apart. nana agreed to give one away. nat is ok with this too. so he keeps nat and gets lukino (if hes ok with it, cant force him, but i think hes happy to join). if fox.bnj agrees, he might want to join chronic and hendrix now.
gotta get jay k and we done with the teams. some stronger, some weaker, but all in all not so much differences.

edit:
as all involved parties agreed now, the new teams are now set.

Team 5: nana, lukino, nat (Escargot - ESC)
Team 7: tragic, sonar, jay k (Triple Threat - TT)
Team 8: chronic, hendrix, fox.bnj

i suggest that the started match naked vs esc gets replayed.
the 1st match from esc vs bs can keep their result. but if BS agrees with a re-match vs ESC im ok with that. BS shall decide.

Postby [[[MAD.etwas]]] » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:38 pm

impressive performance by NHM tonight who slaughtered the boys from BS 4:0 :) maps communique and ice were played.

Postby Hayling » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Question, do you guys record any demos of the matches since the funday league started?

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein