Shrub Tourney!

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Shrub Tourney!

Postby pixi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi all,

I am working on putting together another shrub tournament with the help of a couple others, and while many of you probably saw the discussion in the Discord channel, I know many have not.

As of right now, the rules are not set, guidelines are not set, and I am not sure how many people will be on each team. All of this will be discussed as a group once I have a sufficient amount of players. I want this tournament to be fun, but also to be taken seriously and have serious and competitive players.

My aim is to have a good mix of skill level, but I want this to be a primarily NA tournament so that time zones and such do not become a major problem. This is not to say that Euros are not allowed to join, but that the majority of players will be NA so that match times can best suit NA. If Euros can join based on the decided match times, then they are more than welcome.

I understand some players are doing a tournament on MAD, which is fine, and I wish all the best to those players. As of right now the majority of the players committed to this tournament are competition players, which is great. However, I would like to see a mix of skill levels so that teams can be fairly balanced. Therefore, I am hoping some lower-skilled players will feel wanted and determined to commit to this. Once I have a decent amount of players (right now I have a total of 16, with 12 of those being committed), I will begin a group either on Facebook or Discord (which works best for everyone?) and we will, as a group, discuss all of the rules/guidelines of the tournament.

As of right now it is still open as to if it will be teams of 3's, 4's, or 5's. If it becomes teams of 5, we need at least 25 players committed to it, for a minimum of 4 teams (those extra 5 are to have subs). It will be more ideal to have 5-6 teams, but 4 will be the minimum before this tournament begins.

Matches will MOST LIKELY take place on Saturdays or Sundays to fit with everyone's work schedule, but we can vote on this as a group. Your team will NOT be playing weekly, so if you can commit to a couple of hours on ONE of those days every other week or every two weeks, then you should be good to join.

If anyone who has not responded via Discord is interested in a t least being a part of the contact group, please let me know.

***ONE REQUIREMENT OF THIS TOURNAMENT IS: YOU MUST HAVE DISCORD AND BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR TEAMMATES.***

Thank you,

Pixi

Re: Shrub Tourney!

Postby Tragic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:56 am

Good job on the write up Pixi.

Now this is something I can see working for everyone. We will have a proper shrub cfg setup with players who actually communicate with each other via fb/discord. MAD was disorganized and no one ever used the shrub channel that I (YES ME ETWAS WHEN YOU READ THIS) Made for everyone to use, but was never used. Communication is key, and I feel as though this time around we'll be ok.

Message me on discord if you have any questions Pixi, or anyone else who wants to try this out.

Postby pixi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:45 am

Tragic wrote:Good job on the write up Pixi.

Now this is something I can see working for everyone. We will have a proper shrub cfg setup with players who actually communicate with each other via fb/discord. MAD was disorganized and no one ever used the shrub channel that I (YES ME ETWAS WHEN YOU READ THIS) Made for everyone to use, but was never used. Communication is key, and I feel as though this time around we'll be ok.

Message me on discord if you have any questions Pixi, or anyone else who wants to try this out.

Thanks, Trag.

Just need help recruiting at this point. Still stuck at 16 for now. :)

Postby pixi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am

ECGN Peeps, we are relying on you to get this tournament started! We need some of you to join this please so we can go ahead and get the ball rolling! Do not worry about your skill level, we are going to play with balanced teams. Just be able to get Discord and commit to a coule of hours on either Saturday or Sunday every other week or so!

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein