Game mods

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Sir Fartsalot

Game mods

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:49 pm

First off, I love this server. I've been to a lot of run of the mill servers, but this one is one of the only ones that I consistently see people play on. It's one of the few that I've actually added to the Favorites list, and sometimes I just dont play at all if the server is down.

That said, I think it's be cool with a little variation now and again. Maybe change up the settings, like instagib one day, low grav, and a pistol-only match. While I was on, another guy suggestion grenades only, cool, but I would play for more than a few minutes at that. Maybe even change the map on odd numbered Thursdays or something like that, just for fun. Maybe I've just had to much Dr. Pepper today, I dunno.

Besides all that, my biggest concern is the amount of airstrikes and fire support strikes that LT's are always calling in. I'd love play a lot better if there was a longer recharge time between the strikes, or if only a limited number of strikes could be called within a certain time period. Someone will have to tell me if something like that is possible tho, I've never run admin on a Wolf server before.

The Selecter

Medics are useless

Postby The Selecter » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:05 pm

Another problem is that the medic class is pretty much useless on the server. Poeple tap out right away when they get wounded, they dont even wait a second before they go to limbo mode.

How about a forced 10 second delay before a guy can tap out to let medics do their thing regardless? It would revive the Medic class ( no pun intended ) :D

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:19 pm

Hmm....as far as the map changes go, i've thought about that myself. I tried it lastnight and it didnt meet with great response. If more players could come to the forums I would post times that it would be changed. As far as the charge times go for LT air strikes its set to 40 seconds for a full bar. That means every 20 seconds they can throw a strike. I dont mind increasing it, but there are downsides as the same bar is used for ammo packs, and that means less of those.

Let me know what you guys think.

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:27 pm

As I said, I don't know quite how Wolf is administered at the server end. I didn't realize that air strikes and ammo was related to the same time set (that is, that recharge times for both are affected by a change). I really dont know how much that would affect the gameplay.

One of the other problems I noticed while playing is that some players seem to call for ammo and medics, and their location is unknown, and of course they moan and complain because no one gets to them. As well, sometimes I'll be standing in the war room and my location shows up as odd places. I don't know if this is a problem on the client (player) end or in the Wolf code itself. Wish that some players could be more understanding, and pay attention to team chat when LT's and Medics ask where they are.

Selecter - Good idea, but it never seems to me that there are enough medics around. Guess we're just seeing things from opposite sides of the fence. :D

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:36 pm

Actually the problem with the mis-represented locations or even the (Unknown) is because the beach map was never meant to hold 64 players like we force it to. Depot and Trench Toast are the only officially supported maps for 64 players.

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:43 pm

Ahh, well that I can understand. Guess I didnt think of it that way!

Edogg

Re: Medics are useless

Postby Edogg » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:08 pm

[quote]Originally posted by The Selecter
[B]Another problem is that the medic class is pretty much useless on the server.
]

I totally disagree with this comment. In fact, for the allies, the medic is the most important class. They have the best chance of running the docs back to the radio room than any other class. I would have to say that at least 90% of the time that the docs are run back, it is done by a medic. As far as people tapping out, that could be because of any number of reasons. Yes the guy could be a noob, and just doesnt know how to play, or he may have been out of ammo and didnt feel like chasing down a Lt. for ammo after being revived. Another reason may be that someone wanted to change thier class.

well anyways, excuse my ranting and raving, I just had to get that out.:D

Azzitude

Medics

Postby Azzitude » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:07 pm

is it me or do the medics have too fast of a recharge rate? ....I've seen them throw like 6 packs in a row while being shot ....at 20 units per pack they recharge fully in one whack....maybe we could make this a little more realistic?:P

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:09 pm

more realistic? im sorry but there just isnt any realism in a game with a guy who can just drop a pack and heal a guy who has just been ripped apart by a venom. I dont know why u guys insist on trying to change server into something more realistic. If u want to play counter strike, then go play counter strike. Also, it is true that medics have a fast recharge, but u can still kill them if you have good aim. Try aiming for the head next time.

to sum up: The server is fun the way it is. Learn how to play the game the way the server is set up, instead of trying to set the server up to your playing style. I did it and you can do it too.

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:02 pm

YEAH REALISTIC........

HMEEEE i agree with EDOGG...the medic isnt hard to kill just aimfor the head...and he'll drop like a sack of patato's......a well placed nade will do the trick every time also......

hmee i think more we got ammo prob. then medic prob...

if flamers are full u become automaticly a soldier with schmeiser..Will you plaese change that into auto Lt..because 90% of the time medic gets killed of ammo shortage.....IM I RIGHT GUY's????

ironman

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:31 pm

Hmm....I looked at the medic charge time, it was set to 10 seconds. That means just bout every 2.5 seconds he can throw a pack. Personally I would double this, I see medics in the war room laying down fields of med packs.

What do you guys think bout doubling it so he can only throw one out every 5 sec?

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:27 pm

i think you will be seeing the allies winning a lot less times then they already are. Y ou are the admin., so if thats what you want, then there is nothing i can do to stop you.:(

Postby SilverSurfer » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:33 am

yeah change it and i dont think it wil inflect the chances for the allieds to win
because the axis will have the same problem so

one question why did the server changed his name?
i liked it the way it was
and what does 0c48 stands for
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:40 pm

NO DONT
-------------

PLse dont change medic pack time...The Allies are always the "underdog"
EVERYBODY always wants to be axis....Medics are of greate value to the allies...And the medic is the only only one able to get objec. to radioroom even if ur underfire from flametrower..
the only way allies can win ,s if medic pack time stays the same....

[A.S.H.]ironman

Can u change airstrikes WITHOUT screwing up ammo packs..Lets say 10 airstrikes a game????

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:02 pm

I agree with Ironman and others: dont change the medic time. Changing that means easy wins for the Axis while defending the war room, and a horribly hard round for the Allies.

As to the question of airstrikes, Ironman, read the first few posts in this thread. I thought that this was an independently adjusted variable, but it's not, it's related to ammo recharge times as well, and that's not something I would want to see changed!!

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein