Beach Server Settings

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

MMmmGood

Beach Server Settings

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:32 am

Hey Everyone-

I have always strived to make the Beach server a fun place to play, from when I took it over nearly a year and a half ago, to today. I feel that I have been pretty reasonable with players requests for settings and running another map every now and then, and have had some fun with it too ( knife only and pistol only matches ).

Lately it has been more of a strain on my resources than fun for me, as I have noticed nothing but complaints no matter what I try to do to balance the server. I am all for making appropriate adjustments to make the server more fun and more playable. The airstrike limitation for instance helped reduce the lag for many, and helped ease the beating the server takes when there are 60 people in there tossing them.

From now on, if you have any suggestions on how to make the beach server a more fun place to play, or any settings you'd like to see, I want to see them first hand. Please email any suggestions you have ( within reason ) to jon@ecgnetwork.com with the subject of "Beach Server Settings" without quotes. If the subject is anything else, I wont receive it.

Please remember that we run this server/forums for the good of the RTCW community at a loss to us. With ECGN expanding to Chicago and doubling our available games, I dont have much time to post here anymore or play as often as i'd like to.

Thanks for spending your time reading this post and spending the rest of it on the beach.

MMmmGood

Slaughter

hey

Postby Slaughter » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:03 pm

sent....agreed

Slaughter

Postby Conscious* » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:23 pm

sounds good now the RTCW thread is going to die becasue the only thing in here is complaints : p
[N4L]Conscious* -Tv-Conscious*

Postby Rand0m » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:36 pm

We will still post in the RTCW section just not so much bitching more screenies and crap.

Trever

Postby Trever » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:55 pm

I think we should play all maps. Beach is fun but we would have a blast if we played all maps.

Postby Rand0m » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:06 pm

Trever thats only if you still walk around with your mauser on different maps lol.

JK

=XAV=

Postby =XAV= » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:36 pm

Hey MMmmGood and hello to everyone,

I'd like to say something about your idea. Allowing people giving ideas is fantastic. Thanks for this but, up to now, even if people did not agree with the amins' decision, we all must admit that the server is getting better and better so, please, continue taking such 'full of sense' decisions.
Or, you maybe can couple it with: a suggestion implicates an open question: what would you do, are you for this or against...
I think that a 'referendum' in the forum will be more useful and easier for you. People who want to see the server evoluate will actively read and participate to the debat

Greetings

X@v

Postby ShipWreck » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:10 pm

i like it the way it is :D

Postby Rand0m » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:13 pm

Originally posted by ShipWreck
i like it the way it is :D

same here, i just stop thinking about shit and just play.

Postby SilverSurfer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:51 pm

the settings are great :) i love playing on the server and i wonder how come i used to play on it before airstrikes were limited. now you can find a calm spot on the beach that used to be impossible

good job ;)
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

ComTech

Postby ComTech » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:48 pm

If it wasn't fun then I would be playing somewhere else.

Postby Destructor » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:27 pm

i enjoy it too, but it would be cool if there were other maps with the same settings, not necissarily on this server, but maybe another one. :)
:beer:

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

skipdube

Postby skipdube » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:39 pm

MMmmGood
Keep up the good work. I have a lot off good times on your server and thanks for your hard work
Yancy

mattdeez

Postby mattdeez » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:14 pm

I really enjoy playing here. The only thing that I might change would be a rotation say between Beach/Ice/Base/Sub?...Something like that. Also sometimes the grenades get a lil crazy.

Knight_Rider

Postby Knight_Rider » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:29 pm

Plz dont change :)

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein