who runs the server?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

FuXXoR *DPM*

who runs the server?

Postby FuXXoR *DPM* » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:03 pm

I was just wondering who is the admin on the server? Cause its the only server Ive been on where the admin talks to you...Its refreshing I suppose...
~fuxxor~

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:19 pm

Motha runs the hardware and the network. I run the servers

FuXXoR *DPM*

Postby FuXXoR *DPM* » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:21 pm

So your the one whos always...well not always ...but sometimes on the server?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:34 pm

Yeah whenever you see someone talking to you, thats me.

Think it's time?

Postby Lord ZOG » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:20 pm

I think it's time to have a few in-game moderators who have ther power to ban or kick pricks without relying on the vote.

This prick tonight, named "DoorBlocker" was being an ass(I think you can guess what he was doing), then in the middle of a vote he'd change his name. It was fine as long as you watched it, because calling a quick vote would retain the votes from the previous name...but we need to start banning pukes. It's a pain to have to take my attention away from a game to chase these pre-pubes from the server.

Since Motha or MMMMGood are rarely around, can we give that power to a few mature, level-headed regulars (if there are any)?

Maybe the /rcon password or enable Voting Power (like I have on my server). Vote Power can give a few people more voting power to once and for all rid the server of the real asswipes.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

FuXXoR *DPM*

Postby FuXXoR *DPM* » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:25 pm

You really should... Its real hard to have a good game when these people are blocking the door... Somehow in their immaturity they think they are doing something good for the axis when in reality they are just making the game less fun.
~fuxxor~

Casus

Agreed

Postby Casus » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:40 pm

I agree, the games are getting to the point of always being full, and require a few more "Junior Mods" to do kicking and banning.

I will leave that up to Mmmm to assign and monitor you guys, I assume he has lots of friends that play these games, so it is his call and choice.

MF

Easier said than done...

Postby Lord ZOG » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:46 pm

The key element here is finding someone "level-headed". God knows, when I'm on my server the POWER OF GOD can sometimes go to my head and I end up kicking people pre-maturely. I've also learned that doing that is a quick way to make your server "not so popular".

Still, we need some Agents patroling the Beaches of Motha. Agent Smith, from the Matrix perhaps?
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:48 pm

thats was a darn good idea zog...i never thought about that.

FuXXoR *DPM*

Postby FuXXoR *DPM* » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:49 pm

Yea. Im definatally (spelling?) down with the idea of a few people with the ability to kick these immature people off the server. It goes so far sometimes that I just want to switch teams and kill the person... And yes...Levelheadedness would be a good thing...
~fuxxor~

Casus

Agreed

Postby Casus » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:52 pm

I'll let mmmm sort it out, he's the game admin for our servers.

Also, I've been in the BF server the last couple days, and have seen dozens of folks plane camping, that just makes me so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRrrrrrr....

MF

Camping...

Postby Lord ZOG » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:54 pm

We got the same thing on RTCW, execpt here they're just "Plain Camping"!
Lord ZOG

FuXXoR *DPM*

Postby FuXXoR *DPM* » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:00 pm

LOL... Word..

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:31 am

Well the Shrub does allow a RCON Lite mode. It lets me set the password and lets me choose the commands I want the person using it to execute, nothing more, nothing less.

I have been thinking about implimenting it for a while and giving it out to a few regulars.

FuXXoR *DPM*

Postby FuXXoR *DPM* » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:38 pm

Well when you do pick the people. Make sure that you pick people who wont abuse the power. Thats all we need is a person with the ability to kick who gets mad everytime he gets flamed or poisened. LOL. Alright yall. I'm out.
~fuxxor~

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein