What do you guys want to see?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:05 pm

Is there some way to have only certain weapons do Friendly Fire damage?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:46 pm

The only weapon that is setup to do that is the flame thrower, and that only does FF damage to yourself.

Postby Weasel Meat » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:51 pm

You forgot about blowing yourself up with grenade or panzer.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:52 pm

I think hes talking FF to other players, not yourself.

Different ideas...

Postby Lord ZOG » Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:04 pm

I'm just tossing out different ideas. Yes the TK'ers are lame, and I can see that turning into a fiasco, I'm just thinking in "ideal" terms. It would make a much different game.

Sublte changes can have drastic effects on game-play. On my server there is a very fine line between a good setting and a bad setting. Take respawn, for instance. Make it too long and people lose interest. But on a smaller server short respawn times makie it tough to win as an Ally (on Beach).

I think the bottom line is that if either team doesn't think they have a fair chance of winning the game then it becomes nothing more than a scoring contest.

A few weeks ago it seemd the Allied side had a good shot at winning in every game. Now it seems like the Allies have a 10% chance of winning.

Granted, there are more skilled players on the server now, and less noobs to take advantage of so it's tough to win based solely on that premise.

I hate limiting choices, but with the server filled now 85% of the Axis are LTs and the air strikes are tossed everywhere with wreckless abandon. Can LTs be limited, too? It might seem stupid to limit everthing and everybody, but with no chance of winning there's little more to shoot for except first place in scoring (and to show up on the much celebrated post-game List!)
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:13 pm

IDEA

iv u make the beach server a multi map server with the breakout & baech for a few days..and with the option we can dl it directly from the server when it switches maps..then people have to download it.even if they are not familiar with this site..or not then its up to them....

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:18 pm

That's always an idea...

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein