What do you guys want to see?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

MMmmGood

What do you guys want to see?

Postby MMmmGood » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:36 am

Well it seems that the Breakout server hasnt received any traffic worth writing home about.

What do you guys want to see done with it to get it some players? Low Grav? Fun Mode? What map?

EDIT

Meaning, what map would you like to see instead of Breakout? It is a new server, and isn't being utilized, so we want to put something up you guys will use.

/EDIT

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:23 am

what the hell

what the hell can we ask for even more..then u already doing...ur to good...

k here are a couple of sugs..

1} can u make the panzer projectile with smoke line when u fire...

2} the smoke nades are greate but the smoke goes trough the walls and inside they always go to one side like there in wind in doors...

3}Can u solve the medic needle problem..when im outta needles and i ask for ammo pack i dont get new ones..

thts all i can think of right now....thx for everting ur doing...

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:17 am

:lol: I meant suggestions on what to do with the second Wolf server.

As far as the smoke nades goes, the smoke ALWAYS blows south. So throw it north of where you want it to cover.

MaskdMayo

Postby MaskdMayo » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:52 am

Well for the new server... I myself haven't checked out the break out map. I know that one map I always loved playing on was Depot map ( I think that is the one) where both allies and axis have to blow up some communications thing. What I loved about it one of the communications things wasn't blown up the game would just keep on going until it was. In my opinion what makes it so fun is it requires much more team work and a better use of medics/lieuts/engineers since the engineers are that much more valuable at disarming or arming the dynamite to blow up the c ommunications.

P.S. It is the map that takes place in the train yard that I think is depot.

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:05 pm

breakout is a bad ass map...i thnk if enough people knew about the server, people will go there. For those that have never played brakout...winning is also heavily dependent on teamwork, way more than Beach. Especially when there are 40 to 60 people playing. I think there are already enough 50+ man depot servers out there. I know of at least two.

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:37 pm

MMmmGood where do you get our mods?? I think Low Grav would be weird especially on the map breakout :P I think unlimited ammo :rotflmao: :rotflmao: that wouild be cool to see

You guys are great...nothin more :D

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:46 pm

I played the Breakout server it rocks but we only had like 4 people on at one time and that sucked anyway whoever reads this check the new server it is worth it.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:08 am

So? Think it should be another beach server? All i've heard is that breakout rocks, I agree too, but it just isnt getting the traffic....

Life's a Beach...

Postby Lord ZOG » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:54 am

Beach is fun, but man it can get old. I have a small server myself, and anytime I run a map other than Beach no-one shows up.

It's frustrating because I'm frikin' sick of Beach. Breakout looks like a great map. It's big enough and intricate enough to have seperate battles goiong on all over the place, and not just at the hot spots.

I'm not sure what this means, but it seems to me that people are just a bit too simple minded. The second you offer something different they go running back to momma.

Village is great, Assault, Depot and Base rule...but the minions like Beach. Can we put something in their drinking water to change their minds?
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Jager-E

Low Gravity

Postby Jager-E » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:08 pm

One vote for low gravity.

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:53 pm

i believe the breakout server doesnt get much traffic ONLY BECAUSE there are few ppl in it already...i have played many online games, and every server that is new, or no one is in it, NOBODY wants to join...i mean, why join if you arent going to play anyone??

If ppl would just give it a shot and wait for more people, many would join...seeing that it is a 64 player server, many will join if they see there are some there.

:)

Beach or Breakout...

Postby Lord ZOG » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:37 pm

I'd like to see a few "experiments".

Turn FF on on both servers, and if you could make gun shots more effective. I think it would alter the game entirely. It might be fun to play on a server where people won't be tossing an air strike every ten seconds because they might TK half their team. And no flamers or panzers in the war room.

In short, something a bit more realistic.

Also, how about this for an idea? Run Breakout on both servers. I think one is bound to fill up that way. Force feed it to a few people and it might take off.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:29 pm

I like the idea about making both servers breakout. That way you are forcing people to try something new. Then once there is a few people who are playing breakout , put it back to one beach and one breakout.

kek

map

Postby kek » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:56 am

How about mp_base ?

Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:01 pm

I vote for both servers to run breakout maps, but i say no on ff (sorry zog) ive been on way to many servers where ff is on and u always have a tk lamo that thinks its fun to wipeout his whole team. If u dont want as many airstrikes just raise the recharge time or put a limit on lts that may help.

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein