I hope this was a 'mistake'

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BF1942 server, post here.
Friendly Medic

I hope this was a 'mistake'

Postby Friendly Medic » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:15 pm

Yesterday, at exactly 8:01pm, I was kicked from the server and the--ugly--words "Banned from server" appeared on my screen.
Why? was my first question. My second question was: Who the f*** kicked me?

I had been minding my own business as a bazooka man, standing in Aberdeen in the middle camp in the northermost building -- defending basically -- when I saw about 4-5 enemy soldiers running toward the back of the main building. Since no one was around but me, I immediately began tossing grenades at this procession, killing 2 or 3 of them instantly. Unfortunately, a hapless teammate happened to wander into the fray during this time and was fragged. Now understand: I was a bazooka man. My other weapon of choice, the pistol, would hardly have been effective against 4 or 5 men; it would have just pissed them all off. So naturally I reached for my grenades, and that appears to have been my fatal mistake.

30a851ab8780c2d80dffb20e74836d96

Postby Ryan » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:07 pm

According to our logs, there is no ban in place for you. Nor is that hash in the banlist.

Have you tried reconnecting?

Postby Chacal » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:07 pm

It was no mistake. According to the database, you were auto-kicked by the bot 2 times recently. Last night was the third time so it auto-banned you. On those 3 times your score was -7, -9 and -10. That's a lot of tks. Perhaps you should forego grenading for a while.

Tonight's log says an admin unbanned you at 10:18 PM tonight.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Friendly Medic

Postby Friendly Medic » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:40 pm

Okay, cool. I titled the thread the way I did because I thought that might be the case (script). I will suspend grenade tossing for the immediate future. Thanks.

Postby BladeRunner » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:14 am

Medic, check your PMs.
i unbanned Medic last night after a pm from him and a
quick check of the logs showed an auto ban from the bot.
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Return to Battlefield 1942