Showed the door...

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BF1942 server, post here.
PorkchopSandwic

Showed the door...

Postby PorkchopSandwic » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:49 am

Okay, so I jump onto the server at the tail end of Iwo Jima. Mabye 100 tix left for the Allies and they got nothing but the uncap beach flag. I realized it was a lost cause and Axis were enjoying a spamfest.

So I said:

"Revenge next map"

Why?

Because next map, according to list, was Liberation of Caen. As allies, I will smoke you on that map.

So, map turns, and it is Berlin.

Arguably, yes, this is an Allied-friendly map, as long as your team manages to grab the tanks before the Axis spammers do...no real objection to the map, per se.

BUT not only was it not next on the map list, it DID NOT EXIST on the map list.

So, I simply point out that the "Admins are playing with the odds" and that they "will still lose".

Got the boot.

Came back.

I say, "I've been playing with you people for a long time and this is the first boot." (I got a teamswitch boot once, but the dude admitted his mistake, as I was with the team in question the whole map and jumped with it was even).

Further I said, "You admins can do what you want, but if you are going to be unconventional (i.e. messing w/ the map rotation), you can expect some criticism."

Got the banz0r.

All of this while happily playing for the Allies in Berlin...leading my team in points/kills, in fact.

Friday is cool. Drinking is cool. Admins are generally cool. Drunken admins on a Friday, however, are not cool. They seem to think they are potentates whose unexplained choices are immune to even the slightest questioning or criticism.

So I got the ban. I read all the perma-posts RE: the hashes and the durations...I don't show in the DB yet.

Banning me on such grounds was unwarranted from the start, so a ban of even a few minutes is unjust.

Whatever.

Thx for your time.

P.S. Time and date of the "infraction" was about 20 mins ago.

Postby residue » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:35 am

i think the admin that kicked you already removed your ban.

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:04 am

Yes it has.

Nothing further needs to be said on this matter.

PorkchopSandwic

Postby PorkchopSandwic » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:09 am

I said that above...didn't realize I was anonymous at the time.

Thanks.

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:14 pm

As an explanation for the non-rotation map... the reason most maps get no play here is that they are unsuitable for 64 players. Berlin is like that... however, when it gets late, and there's 20-40 peeps on, sometimes an admin will throw up one of those maps as a change of pace :)

BoBr, Berlin and Stalingrad are chief among these in my experience. I've been known to throw up Britain every once in a while :D

Still, it's not a good idea to call out admins. Most of us don't appreciate it much at all. I've seen you playing, and never had a problem with you, but all it takes is once, ya know?

Happy fragging :)

Postby Camel toe joe » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:23 pm

MMMMmmmmmmmm Porkchop sandwiches!

Postby Buliwyf » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:47 pm

note, the rotation change was about 2:30am-3:00am
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby yaDad » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:50 pm

also of note is that late nights the rotation might not follow right on line....

:lock: :lock: :lock:
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

Return to Battlefield 1942