Whats the deal with the admins?

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BF1942 server, post here.
Baddreams

Whats the deal with the admins?

Postby Baddreams » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:04 pm

So I was playing tonight. I hop on and immediately I see an admin shooting at a friendly plane because the player got to the plane first. So I shoot a couple rounds at their feet to discourage and accidently hit them once. I then run over and heal them (I was a medic). I then immediately get kicked by said admin. I'm just curious, what is up? I only write this because I've seen this particular admin doing other boneheaded manuvers and I'm just curious. :help:

Postby Hellacious » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:15 pm

Well who ever it was maybe you should PM them..

In Game Name [ECGN-ADMIN]Hellacious

Baddreams

Postby Baddreams » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:23 pm

Good idea.

Postby :UnclSxyPants: » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:43 pm

well, it says not to fire at teammates in revenge or anything, remember they are admins and will do whatever they want
UncleSexyPants

Baddreams

Postby Baddreams » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:45 pm

Yeah.. do as they say not as they do.. I'll catch on eventually.

Sewer-Urchin

Postby Sewer-Urchin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:56 pm

Doesn't quite work like that..reserve judgement until you know all the mitigating circumstances.
Oh, and follow Hellacious' advice: PM the person. Posting it here won't solve anything.

Postby Mr. Slayer » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:20 pm

Originally posted by :UnclSxyPants:
well, it says not to fire at teammates in revenge or anything, remember they are admins and will do whatever they want
You are completely wrong my friend. Being an admin does NOT and HAS NEVER meant you can do whatever you want. Admins must follow the rules just as ANY other player. If anybody has any problems with any admins you can always PM a staff member and it will be looked into. But don't get the idea that being an admin means you are God or anything like that. :)
Mr. Slayer

Postby Pierce » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:25 am

Roger That!!:roll: :freak: :flame:

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:07 am

Originally posted by :UnclSxyPants:

ummmmmmmmmm....NO. as slayer mentioned, this is about as opposite as it gets from the truth. admins are not above the law (unlike my local police force, it seems). admin will not shoot planes b/c they don't get them, or kick somone to get into the server.

And Baddreams, I've seen you on plenty, and you are not a smacker, it's unfortunate you decided to shoot at someone. Keep in mind, this is really a bad idea unless you know the person, and they know you are just messing around (you might see admins tk'ing each other from time to time, we're silly like that). Please PM me if you cannot get a good answer out of the admin you saw...

Postby yaDad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:02 am

moved to proper forum
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:02 am

Let it be known that Bullhead is the only "silly" admin. The rest of us may be a bit different, but he is definitely the only "silly" one.:P :)

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:15 pm

mmmm..... How about RiSK? He started it :D

Return to Battlefield 1942