banned for owning

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BF1942 server, post here.
>MÖB<Smokeya

Postby >MÖB<Smokeya » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:58 pm

Your argument is flawed res, the weapon used always appears, its the name that is sometimes missing. Depending on the activity in the server my name can be seen in the text to the left before it scrolls up. when I said the characters were an unknown side effect that means I was unaware of there effects proir to using them, and after noticing the effect about 3 months afterword, thought it odd but did not consider it, nor did anyone else, an ill effect. Changing my clan tag at this point would mean separating me for the rest of the clan and all of the stats I have worked for, basically starting over. http://www.bftracks.us/appl/bft/Search/view/R/0/contains/M%D6B Maybe in this particular case you might reconsider, knowing my intentions are not malicious. Thank you for your time.

Postby residue » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:10 pm

rules are enforced uniformly. players are not given preferential treatment, especially for the sake of stats.

>MÖB<Smokeya

Postby >MÖB<Smokeya » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:26 pm

Again, I don't think that I violated your rules. Maybe you can tell me again why not seeing my name gives me an advantage. If you don't allow extended characters in player names(which it does not state in the rules) then why don't you just have punkbuster kick people for it?

Postby Folic_Acid » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:39 pm

Originally posted by AnimalCracka:
Rule #1- Cheating: use of any hack, bug, or map exploit. Admins know all of them and are watching. This includes very short or invisible player names.

We consider it a hack here. Simple as that.

Originally posted by residue:
post a reminder here on monday and i will reconsider. however, you are expected to remove any offending characters from your name. i'd also advise against any future half assed apologies. go read the server rules over the weekend.

I think the decision has already been stated. See you Monday.

>MÖB<Smokeya

Postby >MÖB<Smokeya » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:50 pm

Can I just communicate with res please, thank you.

Postby Sidekick Floppy » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:49 am

Originally posted by >MÖB<Smokeya
Can I just communicate with res please, thank you.

If you want to communicate with residue only, I advise you to PM him.

When I get killed by a person, I also want to return the favor , like Residue. If I cannot see that name, I conclude you are trying to take some advantage by concealing your name. A good advice is to use the extended characters wisely, or don't use them at all, because otherwise you will get kicked/banned. You may have had doubts if our Rule #1 included the extended characters, but now you know it is a violation of our server rules. Nothing is gonna change that so it's useless to keep on arguing about it.
Residue will review your situation Monday.

Postby Chacal » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:23 am

No.

Residue HAS reviewed the case, and his decision is clear and has been clearly stated. The player will fix his name or stay banned.

I find Residue's decision to be well within the scope of the rule. Yes, I wrote it. Stop arguing.

The admins, not the players, interpret the rules.

We, not the players, decide how to use this forum.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

>MÖB<Smokeya

Postby >MÖB<Smokeya » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:38 pm

Ok Charcal maybe you can answer the question for me. How is my name not showing up in the middle of the screen giving me an advantage. Keep in mind it shows up in the text to left, and sidekick there is a big difference between trying to take an advantage and not. True at first you may conclude that, but I have stated the whole story for everyone that I am not trying to do that. Again keep in mind my name shows up n the text on the left.

As for the use of the extended characters, this is exactly why we use them, check the name jacked by [ECGN]UncleSexyPants, I'll give you a hint, it starts with..........>MÖB<! http://ehelion.battlefield1942.pl/ehelion/?key=1ea612b1f39fea90198874a1f49a3b5c Because of the use of the extended characters this name does not show up with the rest of our clan.

Postby Chacal » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:16 pm

What part of "stop arguing" don't you understand?

You will get no other answer.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Previous

Return to Battlefield 1942