admin with an itchy trigger finger

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BFV server, post here.
[SYN] Ace

admin with an itchy trigger finger

Postby [SYN] Ace » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:38 am

6/23 11:25pm pacific [SYN] Ace

Well, I can't really say I enjoy playing on your server since my first time playing it I was on it for all of 2 minutes before I was banned. Here's a recap of the events, which will take me longer to type than I actually played.

A couple of clan mates were playing on your server and I joined them. I started playing --they were off doing their thing and I was off doing mine. Anyway, one of them got booted -- I'm not sure what for - he said he stole a chopper, maybe that was it but I'm not sure of your server rules yet. Anyway, *thump* he got the boot, the other guy got the boot, and then I immediately got the boot. Now, even if one of them violated a rule and was kicked -- what's with the arbitrary banning of the other two? Guilt by association? I hope this behavior isn't representative of all your admins.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:46 am

You got caught in a name misnomer the admin will post Shortly. Lets just say I love to frag you .:lock: :badger::ar15:
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

HRR_Fury

Postby HRR_Fury » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:25 am

I was the admin that banned you under a mistaken identity...

There was a issue with another clan whose name is VERY VERY close to yours and I was under orders to ban their members when they are on the server....

Your group however is not the clan... my apologies....

If you will post your cd hash codes in this thread I will unban your players ASAP

Once again my apologies for the error

Fury

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:57 pm

Along with Fury I heard the Abbreviated name of your clan and agreed with the ban, even called for it I think. I am very sorry for mistaking your identity, you are welcome to post your hash and come back in the server and shoot me. I deserve it.
Greatness is not where we stand, but in what direction We are moving. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

[SYN] Ace

Postby [SYN] Ace » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:44 pm

Thanks for clearing this up, guys. Just one question: is the CD hash the same as the activation code I had to enter in when I installed the game or is it something different?

Postby Chacal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:36 pm

It's different. The code you mention is your CD-Key. never give that to anyone else. If someone grabs it, it could prevent you from playing on-line.

The CD-Key hash is no problem. It is a non-reversible, mathematical hash function of your CD-Key. It is unique to your copy of the game, but it can NOT be used to steal your CD-Key.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Return to Battlefield Vietnam