Banned in ECGN #2 BFV

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BFV server, post here.
Hostile Scout

Banned in ECGN #2 BFV

Postby Hostile Scout » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:44 pm

I got banned about a month ago for calling a ECGN clan member a newb.

(I think it was fitting, since the guy followed me into a room full of targets and didn't bother to cover me at all. I think he was afraid to fire.)

Anyway, I am healing after a pretty bad leg wound and more or less confined to a wheelchair until it does. I contacted your support team and they refered me to this forum. I am an ex-usmc veteran and I enjoy your server. I am sure I can shut my mouth and shoot people in the face, instead of saying anything from here on in. I would like to be unbanned from ECGN #2 BFV. My nickname is the same, Hostile Scout.

hash: 41f62 * 1st 5

Postby Evan » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:51 pm

Just FYI, ECGN isn't a clan. It's a place of business. Our admins aren't staff members, just server volunteers. I on the other hand am a staff member :)
Image.

Hostile Scout

Postby Hostile Scout » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:00 pm

WEll reading some of the other post about people complaining about admins that seem to be "going off", I'd suggest that maybe you should take a hard look at your admins and diseminate between the trash and the treasure.

I know a few synergy folks, I know a few {J^S}, I know a few HFE folks etc and the summation seems to be the same. "Nice server, but the admins can be really rough for very little and with little to no warning at all." At this rate you will have the server population silent or absent.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:52 pm

Hostile, I wasnt the one that banned you but as Evan says, were not staff members, we are voluntary admins. Voluntary, as in we dont get paid to do this, we do it because ECGN has come to be known by some of us as a kinda home away from home, we do this to try to give a little back to a community and business that has given us so much for so little. We deal with smackers every second that we are playing the game, after a you have to ban 15 guys for being idiots, sometimes things snowball and minor infractions get dealt with harshly. Im not saying that is what happened here, but cut us some slack. We have no power hungry admins, no abusive admins and ECGN provides one of the most tard free environments to play in and have fun outside of the most hard core clan servers that your ever going to find.

Im glad you like the server, perhaps youll be un-banned, thats not for me to say but anyone that has been banned has every oppurtunity to come here and plead their case and if their serious about wanting to play by the server rules, will probably be unbanned. Thank you and have a nice day.:)

Disclaimer- This is my opinion and in no way reflects the attitude of ECGN, its staff or its owners. Just my 2 cents.:beer:

Hostile Scout

Postby Hostile Scout » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:28 pm

I'd love to have a discussion about some of the stuff people say about ECGN #2 AFTER I get unbanned. I'd openly talk about it now, but you know you folks run a tight ship. So tight some would say it squeaks and some would say too tight.

Your admins are volunteers. Ok, is this an excuse for bad behaviors? No. Adminship is a privledge and if you thought it is a chore or work, you shouldn't have it. A good admin is thick skinned and bans for a specific infraction(s) of the rules, not because he/she is angry that day.

I admin at a private usmc started server and let me tell you, it can be a severe problem. You kick/ban for specific things, because YOU KNOW it will come up again. I let people say what they will, as long as it is not racist or obscene. I get people that call me all kinds of fruity names - that's ok. They don't know I am/was an O-4 and I expect this game is a stress release to them. More than that, we want and encourage people with real skill to play on our server.

Your admins may be doing good work, but good work at the expense of the players is a high price to pay indeed.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:01 pm

More likely at the expense of the players we dont want anyway, the idiots and morons who muck up good games.

99% of the posts in here are people flaming admins who think they were kicked/banned unfairly, and if you truly read them, our admins have even posted logs from the events showing the exact behavior that person was showing that was against the rules.

The other 1% is someone saying thank you for making our pub servers a good place to play, you as an admin would know that you cant be thanked enough for having to deal with it day in day out.

I doubt one of our admins banned you without reason, as I know all of em and can vouch for their maturity personally.

I have unbanned you. Please dont prove me wrong in the fact that you are a decent player.

Hostile Scout

Postby Hostile Scout » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:26 pm

Oh I now I think I remember why I was banned.

Wasn't it you I called, "Capt. Campground?"

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, I do believe that the spawn camping and camping in general tend to reduce the overall value of BFV.

I know I did something similar in IKS and got banned as well, although that was lifted after review as well. I play in there silently as well.

I will try to make my experience in ECGN #2 a momentous one, though silent to extend my server lifespan.

Thank you for the expedient trial.

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:41 am

I highly doubt someone kicked you for calling them a newb, or for accusing of camping. Unless you called them a ^&*ing newb, a g*d#mned camper, or something involving cursing and denigration.

Talking about someone's family, insulting their parentage, their looks, these may or may not get you kicked, depending on the admin. But most likely they will get you kicked.

Read the rules here: http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8675

If you have a problem, notify an admin. If you want, you should get on Teamspeak, so you can adress things immediately if there's a problem. Also, you will most likely find that they are pretty good people :) (except for that Sgt Devildog guy, he's another marine :roll: :D )

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:14 am

Hostile scout, you did not win any brownie points by coming on here and trying to get unbanned by talking smack. If I had banned you…you would have been banned longer for your 2nd post. You say that our admins will kill our servers. Why then are they full 90% of the time? I hope you read the rules.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Hostile Scout

Postby Hostile Scout » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:01 pm

Don't get your panties in a bunch, Devil Dog.

If you want to know what I was banned for, get the log.

AS for talking smack? I think you are a good example of what the problem is. You are abrasive and yet you have no idea what transpired. You still active in the core? WE should talk. It might be a minor education, then again it might not.

I don't need to use 4 letter words to drive my point home. That is for less intelligent marines and other types. I give absolutely no credence to the term "jar head" and I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

I never said that your admins kill your servers, you did. Fact is the grapevine on the outside says more than that. A lot of highly ranked players play on this server, but they don't for long. They get banned for little things or so you would believe if you heard the stories. Being full of people just is a credit to your servers that run fast around the east coast, but I'd say it's mostly full of people with low time on the bfv simulator, if you know what I mean.

I don't use teamspeak, rule of wrist, I heard too many radios in my time and to hear the chatter makes me sick, so I removed it.

That is all, again thanks for the reprieve. See you all in the servers.

Postby Evan » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:08 pm

Originally posted by Hostile Scout
Don't get your panties in a bunch, Devil Dog.

AS for talking smack? I think you are a good example of what the problem is. You are abrasive and yet you have no idea what transpired. You still active in the core? WE should talk. It might be a minor education, then again it might not.

I don't need to use 4 letter words to drive my point home. That is for less intelligent marines and other types. I give absolutely no credence to the term "jar head" and I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

I never said that your admins kill your servers, you did. Fact is the grapevine on the outside says more than that. A lot of highly ranked players play on this server, but they don't for long. They get banned for little things or so you would believe if you heard the stories. Being full of people just is a credit to your servers that run fast around the east coast, but I'd say it's mostly full of people with low time on the bfv simulator, if you know what I mean.

I don't use teamspeak, rule of wrist, I heard too many radios in my time and to hear the chatter makes me sick, so I removed it.

That is all, again thanks for the reprieve. See you all in the servers.

That's because these 'high ranked players' think that they are '1337' and can do what they want.
Image.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:25 pm

Originally posted by Hostile Scout

Unfourtuntely BFV doesnt log chat like BF1942 does, or else I would and would most likely find a justified ban due to your opinions in this thread.

I really should have let the admin who banned you post instead of just blindly unbanning you with no regard for what transpired.

I learned a lesson, and unfourtuntely I let a player back on the server who should have remained off of it.

Please prove me wrong.

Thread Closed.

Return to Battlefield Vietnam