Kicked for no reason, no excuse.

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BFV server, post here.

Kicked for no reason, no excuse.

Postby Ewog » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:38 am

Server: ECGNetwork.com #2 BFV
Time/Date: 0200 PST, 9-26-04
My Ingame Name: [5°Ð]Ewog-TPF-
Re: Gore386

Hey Ecgn, I have respected your presence on the net for a long time, and tonight you've lost that respect.

Here are the rules of your servers as the pertain to the claims by your admins :

1- Cheating: use of any hack, bug, or map exploit. Admins know all of them and are watching. This includes very short or invisible player names.

7- Player Names: The default names 'Player', 'Player_0', etc are not allowed. This will also be left open for Admin discretion, as many players often use inappropriate names.

Alright, these are good rules.

Well, here's what happened: Gore386, a fellow crew member of 5°Ð, was kicked from the server for a bad name and it was an admin that did it. (Sgt. DevilDog)

Is gore386 a bad name?

I don't think so.

So then I ask the admins why they kicked him. They replied, "When he kills someone the name and weapon killed by don't show up"

That is completely false. Although, there was another person on the server who was doing that very same thing.

Then I ask the admin why he was kicked for a bad name and they said, "he wasn't banned but just kicked and to change his name then come back in.".

So Admins, which is it? Why was he kicked?

You see, here's the problem:

He was kicked for schooling a few ECGN players in their own server. Somebody got mad and played admin trigger happy. Gore386 hasn't played BF:V in months and just had a good streak during the time mentioned in the ECGN server. He wasn't kicked for any other viable reason.

Now, all I was asking for was a straight answer and I didn't get one from one of your very own admins. There wasn't an excuse for kicking him whatsoever, and there was no apology made. They kicked him out of spite, and that is unprofessional and not a good representation of ECGN.

I reiterate: His name was showing up when killing someone, and his name doesn't seem like a bad one.

I come to you with a mutual respect that we all wish to carry with one another. I am an admin with Teamplayfirst.com, which I am sure you are familiar with, and I also admin many servers as well. My reputation passes my marksmanship, and I am an honest player on the battlefield.

All I am asking for is an apology for the actions of the admins. This type of stuff in inappropriate.

Postby residue » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:07 am

based on your description, this incident may have been a case of misidentification rather than your dubious claim of spite. the admin involved can respond.

regardless, shouldn't your fellow clan member be the one requesting an apology instead of you?

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:06 am

First, you will get no apology from me. I did nothing wrong. I was following the rules of ECGN. Well not exactly because I did not ban him. When he killed me only his name came up, not what he killed me with. This is against the rules as we have just clarified this between all the admins. I stated in game very clearly why he was kicked, and that if he changed his name he could come back. However, you would not let it go. Even people not associated with ECGN were telling you to stfu and just have him change his name. By the way he was not owning, he had 12 kills. I think he sniped me once on the bridge when we were pinned on it? That is how he came to my attention. Please refrain from making a mountain out of a molehill. It was only a kick. I can guarantee that the next time I will follow the ECGN policy of a ban. I repeat, if he changes his name so that his name and the weapon that he kills people with show up. You are both welcome back. If you decide that this is too much to ask, please find somewhere else to play. That is all I have to say on this subject.

Have a nice day
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby Ewog » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:09 pm

So, if he killed you and it didn't show the weapon, is there some kind of warning rather than just a kick from the server?

Does the person know that this is happening?

You do have your rules and I think they are good one and not harsh, but a kick without a warning?

Is this a bug? Because I know there is a hack code to achieve this, but this player was not hacking. He'd be booted from our crew faster than I could blink my eye if he was.

Btw, you guys are quick to the trigger without a warning. Thats not nice. For a resepcted community, it's not a good practice.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:37 pm

Sometimes when you are a lone admin like the time of this particular kick, we consider a kick like a warning. Sometimes we just don’t have time to warn every smacker. You should know this being that you are an admin on several different servers? Otherwise, please read the above post.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby Chacal » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Ewog

Is this a bug? Because I know there is a hack code to achieve this, but this player was not hacking.

Some people put non-printable characters in their names to protect themselves from impersonators who disrupt their stats with engines such as BFstats. These characters have side-effects such as the one described by DevilDog. We sympathize with their plight but still aren't willing to cope with the side effects. Besides, most of us don't give a rat's ass about stats.

Some people do it deliberately. Not having the killing weapon, or the player name, displayed on the kill message gives them an unfair advantage. It's like having an invisible name or using a single dot as a name.

It's impossible for us to tell if it was deliberate or not, hence the kick.

As for warnings: our public servers have high performance, high bandwidth and high availability. This attracts good players and idiots alike. The result is full servers with lots of action. Sometimes we have time to warn, sometimes not. As DD said, we consider a kick as a good warning. This may not be the policy on your servers but it is on ours.

All players are expected to obey admin directives at all time. If you're told during the game to shut up and take it to the forums, it does mean shut up, as in "stop talking about it right now".

Finally, for some reason it is the norm for kicked or banned players to accuse the admins of abusing their powers because they were being owned/raped by said players. Such abuse doesn't happen on ECGN, especially since the average player here is older than on other servers, most admins are in their higher twenties / thirties / forties. I know of very few admins who care the least bit about their scores, actually lots of us spend most of our time watching the game on freecam.

I hope this answers all your remaining questions. DevilDog's answers were clear about the rest. Your friend is welcome on the server if he fixes his name.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Ewog » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:41 am

OK. Sounds good. He fixed his name, you'll be seeing us on the server sometme soon.

Return to Battlefield Vietnam