Banned from ECGNetwork #2 BFV

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BFV server, post here.
Barnes

Banned from ECGNetwork #2 BFV

Postby Barnes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:31 am

about 10 minutes ago. operation hastings started up, spawned as NVA, ran towards plane and got in it and it blew up. typed for all 'blowing up planes is teh lame' and then got in as passenger into transport. driver was going off to timbuktu and I asked him where he was going and then BAM. banned.

server: # 204.157.1.222:15567 Battlefield Vietnam ECGNetwork.Com #2 BFV
time: 9/27/04 ~10:15 PST
in-game name: Barnes

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:16 am

You were banned for three days for your negative four score in the first minutes of the map. you may join our server again sept 30 at 22:18:10 2004. since you will have a couple days, take the time to read our rules and some of the other post where you may get a hint as to how to have a ban reversed or reduced.
Greatness is not where we stand, but in what direction We are moving. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Barnes

Postby Barnes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:28 am

3 days? holy hot damn that's pretty harsh. wait a minute. How did I get a -4 score? I only died once at the very beginning and it wasn't even my fault, some dufus blew up the plane.

I read this thread
http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8675

and it doesn't say anything about a negative score rule.

I'd appreciate some links to other useful threads, cuz this is a bigass messageboard.

I've been playing on ecgn #2 for a couple months now and have never had any problems with any of the admins and I'm consistently playing fair, trying not to tk and being a good teammember and just enjoy the game. And then a 3 day ban for someone else's fuckup in the first minute of a match? hot damn.

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:09 pm

The point I tried to allude to in my first post was showing remorse. Contesting the punishment with an appology is generally the quickest way back on the server. I understand your frustration but I was looking at numbers and the mass volume of negative scores in the first minutes of the game. I may have been harsh. Because you have been on the server a while and I usually enjoy your sense of team play I will lift the ban when I get home toninght. I have to admit it was somewhat of a shock to see you with a negative score as it is when any reg I enjoy playing with has one. Please join our teamspeak server and I can ask what is going on with you next time, then I have your point of view in person and I spend more time on the smackers.

p.s. the negative score falls under rule #2 Team Killing which causes the negative score.
Greatness is not where we stand, but in what direction We are moving. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Barnes

Postby Barnes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:26 pm

Yeh I understand you guys deal with poop monkeys all day long. Seriously, if I felt like I had done anything I'd apologize or just wait out my ban. I wonder if my joystick isn't fubar'd and is dropping bombs as soon as I get in or something.

anyhow, if it's on my end I apologize. I didn't mean to tk at all. Especially at the beginning of the map, it's not like anyone had a chance to piss me off yet :)

Postby Sgt. Quentin » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:06 pm

Sorry a little late getting home. the ban is lifted and thanks for the understanding. and please come to teamspeak it adds a wholee new dimention tothe game to be able to bs while killing others. 8:06 pm pst

Return to Battlefield Vietnam