Motion to Unban

If you were kicked or banned from our Public BFV server, post here.
DeathbyLandmine

Motion to Unban

Postby DeathbyLandmine » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:50 pm

Apparently I was banned recently by Toe-a-jam for being "disruptive" so he told me to take it to the forum.

I will admit that at time I am annoying or irrating, but it is part of my strategy! and it works! It makes the game much more exciting, you can't tell me that when you kill me you don't get extra satisfaction when you do it.
However I don't know why Toe Jam banned me because I was not even talking to him or anybody directly. At one point he told me to "cut it out" and I did, however I then tired to continue a conversation with Unibonger and apparently I wasn't allowed to speak at all becasue thats when I was banned.
Anyway I will agree to revise my strategy and I will no longer be vocal, I will be a boring mundane player with no passion. And when I make an amazing Frag Like I did on Toe Jam the other day with a landmine I shall never gloat again.

By the way I was never warned or kicked or anything like that, i was just banned on the spot for being "disruptive".

Yours very lovingly,
DeathbyLandmine

ToeJam

Postby ToeJam » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:45 pm

That isn't entirely true, and thankfully we have the logs on it to prove what was said and what wasn't, regardless of who makes the comments.

After shooting you down, you made a comment like "of course it would be you spawn camping (actually I wasn't, just caught you at the right place at the right time)", which was directed solely toward me. The second time I shot you down, you said "look at you taking advantage of a injured plane, etc". Other players told you to quit it several times (as did I), and on several different occasions and nights even, and yet you continue with your immature bantering.

After some time, your trash talking began to get to me, which resulted in me banning you after telling you to "cut it". I had observed you for several days before deciding to ban you. You attitude is innapropriate and unecessary to the players and to the sever. I rarely see anyone else playing on ECGN BFV#2 (including the guys who rank in the top slots consistently) trying to use pseudo psychology or bad taste to "psyche" out anyone to the point of being downright insulting at times. Whether they kill someone else or get killed themselves, 98% of them take it in stride and even commend the other for a job well done. You should take lessons in the maturity (instead of "gloating") that regulars continually exhibit on our server (which I might add, makes it one of the most popular BFV servers on the net). It is that attitude and commradity that keeps ECGN nearly packed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What you do is repeatedly disrupt gameplay. You're a constant complainer, regardless of the situation or team you are on. As you can see (or anyone else who can view the chat logs) many people don't appreciate it, and neither do I. Not only does it show selfish behavior to other people playing, but to any admin present.

When you can learn to exhibit some self contol, respect, and maturity towards others while playing on our servers, then I will lift the ban and you can join us again.

By the way, the conversation you were having with Unibonger was him asking you to stop the bickering as well.

Mike
PS: Someone move this to the "Been Banned" Forum. Thanks.

DeathbyLandmine

Postby DeathbyLandmine » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:49 pm

Like I said I don't disagree that I am annoying as I do it on purpose. I obviously got to you as I get to many others, no hard feelings. I have never seen anyone on the server tell me to shut up, or stop talking with the execption of you when you banned me. I had no idea what Unibonger was talking about at the time which is exactly why I said "LoL what uni" (check your precious logs).

You banned me becasue you don't like me, last time I checked online gaming wasn't a popularity contest.

P.S. You do realize there is an ignore feature built in the game so you don't even have to see my comments. Maybe you should try that before you make a decision based on emotion to ban someone without warning. Maybe some people did say something in the chat, but I sure didn't see it, I'm sure you don't read everything in the chat either when you are playing.

I don't see how I am not, or have not been reasonable, no admin or any person of authorty ever told me to stop until you did.....and what happend when you told me to stop? I stopped. Furthermore I don't understand how I can demonstrate the ability to be one of your "ideal" players if I'm banned.

There was simply no need to take the drastic action you took, I would even understand if you kicked me or banned me for 1 hour, 1 day etc. but a perm ban without warning was a little much.

Think of a fluffy bunny and be happy,
DeathbyLandmine

ToeJam

Postby ToeJam » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:52 pm

Again, that's why we have logs, so I do not need to defend myself to you. For your information, half the server playing at the time thanked me after I banned you from ECGN BFV#2, including your own teammates. Apparently, there are many others who agree with my position and my motion.

There is no need for me, or anyone else on the server to deal with any childish antics. Or to take drastic measures to make silly comments "go away" like applying an "ignore" filter.

There are many public servers on the internet where madness and chaos is the rule and not the exception. ECGN is not one of them.

I can easily have the ban lifted. All I ask is that you maintain some level of respect for your fellow players and for the ECGN servers.

Mike

DeathbyLandmine

Postby DeathbyLandmine » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:53 pm

...and I acknowledged that I would.

Have we reached a resolution?

ToeJam

Postby ToeJam » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:00 am

Resolution reached partner. I need your cd hash key, and your ban will be lifted within one week (after consulting with a senior admin). Come back here on Monday and remind me by asking with a reply if the ban has been lifted (which it surely will be at that time).

Please don't think that I dislike you Landmine. Nothing can be further from the truth. I would never hold a grudge against you or anyone else playing on #2 for that matter. Understand that I am doing my best to keep the ECGN BFV#2 server as smacker free and enjoyable as possible for every single one of us. Afterall, that is what keeps it as popular as it is. Hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Mike

DeathbyLandmine

Postby DeathbyLandmine » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:24 pm

Ok, the hash is:
a3ca6b16b4a5b6354ac50af6e8301901

and I'll be back in a week.

ToeJam

Postby ToeJam » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:02 pm

Thanks Landmine. I'll see you soon.

Regards,

Mike

DeathbyLandmine

Postby DeathbyLandmine » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:11 pm

Well today is day number 7 since my ban. I haven't checked to see if the ban has been lifted yet. Just letting you know the time has arrived.

I hope to kill you with a landmine in the near future :)

ToeJam

Postby ToeJam » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 pm

Landmine,

I am working on getting you unbanned. You should be able to access the server before the day is through.

Mike

Return to Battlefield Vietnam