Confused about banning.

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Mr.Confused

Confused about banning.

Postby Mr.Confused » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi!

I bought RtCW through Steam, after losing my CD several years ago, for old-time sake. Now, I noticed there isn't many servers left but there seems to be life in your server and one other (HP.) Now I missed playing mp_beach but it seems I have been "banned" from your server.

The thing is, I never went on your server before. As soon as the mp_beach map loads up, I'm kicked immediately (via PunkBuster) saying that I've been "permanently banned." Is it something PunkBuster-related? I can go other servers with PunkBuster on, so it couldn't have been anything about hacking or such...?

Did someone take my CD key or something? Or is someone with the same IP as mine (I'm on a university) somehow did something on your server? I'm happy to provide my IP to clear up anything. I don't remember exactly the name I used when I first came to the server. It's just wierd I never stepped foot in your server yet I got the hammer? :help:

What do I need to do to clear this up? Reinstall PunkBuster? Just wanted to give mp_beach one more go.

RTCW Admin

Re: Confused about banning.

Postby Macabre » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Hello! Always good to have people return to get their wolf on. I'm sure the powers that be will give you an answer soon enough. Hope everything works out for you. Maybe see you on the server soon.

Re: Confused about banning.

Postby SavageParrot » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Mr.Confused wrote:Hi!

I bought RtCW through Steam, after losing my CD several years ago, for old-time sake. Now, I noticed there isn't many servers left but there seems to be life in your server and one other (HP.) Now I missed playing mp_beach but it seems I have been "banned" from your server.

The thing is, I never went on your server before. As soon as the mp_beach map loads up, I'm kicked immediately (via PunkBuster) saying that I've been "permanently banned." Is it something PunkBuster-related? I can go other servers with PunkBuster on, so it couldn't have been anything about hacking or such...?

Did someone take my CD key or something? Or is someone with the same IP as mine (I'm on a university) somehow did something on your server? I'm happy to provide my IP to clear up anything. I don't remember exactly the name I used when I first came to the server. It's just wierd I never stepped foot in your server yet I got the hammer? :help:

What do I need to do to clear this up? Reinstall PunkBuster? Just wanted to give mp_beach one more go.

Sounds like it's given you the default cd key rather than your own. Either open up multiplayer options in the game and change it or (if that doesn't work) open up the file named 'rtcwkey' in the rtcw main folder and change the cd key there to match the one on your box.

Hope this fixes it.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein