Banned yesterday

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Banned yesterday

Postby Banks » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 am

Hey, this is Colbanks. Now I just go by banks. Played hardcore rtcw from 01-04. Ck, eod, TV, highlife, and last N4L. Reinstalled yesterday to play for the first time in years and got banned. I found that Norton was blocking pb from communicating so I had to fix that. After I got it fixed I tried to log back on and found that I was perm banned. Could you please remove as it wasnt a hack , just fkin Norton.

RTCW Admin

Re: Banned yesterday

Postby Macabre » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:47 am

Glad to see you back. I'm sure MAA will look into it soon enough. Hope to see you on the server soon.

Postby SavageParrot » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:39 am

Have you checked that it's your key and not the default key that got input when you installed?

Open up the rtcwkey file in the main folder to make sure.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby Banks » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:02 am

yeah, its the key on the outside of the box. Now...here is what I hope DIDNT happen. When I first started playing wolf I was using the black box version. About a yeaf after I bought and upgraded to the GOTY version. Awhile after that a guy was spammin in irc that he needed a rtcw key to play wolf. I gave him my black box rtcw key. I figured I didnt need it anymore since I have the key from the GOTY version. Well, when I quit wolf I threw away my GOTY version along with that key. The other day while cleaning out the shed I found the black box and figured..what the hell, Ill reinstall. Soooo, Im hopin the kid I gave the key to didnt hack with it and that it was just my Norton fkin up.

Postby SavageParrot » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 am

Lol well google your guid and you'll soon find out.

What is your guid by the way?

/pb_myguid

Need the last 8 to check the banlist.
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby Banks » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:31 pm

last 8 are 49b42808

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Postby Banks » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:34 pm

yeah, i just found it before you posted. some guy named coke. The guy i let use it was named Teqniq. Ill have to buy another game if its still around :(

RTCW Admin

Postby Macabre » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:18 pm

They always have them on eBay. I was on there recently and one guy had the disc, case, box and booklet all spread out in the photo. The numbers on the case were plainly visible. :freak:

RTCW Admin

Postby CHICK » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Oh Banks... what made you decide it was a good idea to give out your guid? Any luck on finding a new game?
There's only one crime in nature which is stupidity, and the punishment is death.

Postby Banks » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:48 pm

chick? ck chick?

Like I said, I had already bought the GOTY version. I didnt need my black box version anymore so when I saw someone spamming irc for a guid I figured ID be a nice guy and give it to him. I mean, what am I goin to do with 2 right? Little did I know that one day my wife and I would get into a fight and Id throw my GOTY version in the trash in order to quit playing. Then, 2 years later, clean out my shed and find my black box version and reinstall and well...yea. Here we are :P

if this is ckchick, I used to go by ColBanks :P

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein