Kicked

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Kicked

Postby nosy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Just wondering why I was kicked from the server just now, I did not see any warnings or requests from admins before it happened. I tried reconnecting to ask why, but was immediately kicked again. Thank you

Re: Kicked

Postby nosy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:37 am

So I attempted to join more than 3 hours later, and I'm promptly kicked again. Should I be given a ban instead?

If an admin feels the need to reprimand me for something, I'd appreciate knowing what it is I've done wrong

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:55 am

I talked to Polyethelene. Why are you using a brand new GUID? 266 ping and 3.5 k/d.

I get it,, Youre nosy the austrailian wonderboy. Whatever. But the new GUID threw it all off.

Postby nosy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:39 am

Ok, I'll just take it as a misunderstanding

As for having a new guid, I've had one since 2010 and have almost exclusively used one name in that time

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:33 am

the one you are using was first and last seen yesterday. So theres that.

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 am

I'm still confused, why was he banned Deadeye?

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:41 am

he wasn't banned.

Postby nosy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:11 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:the one you are using was first and last seen yesterday. So theres that.

http://yawn.be/playerDetails.yawn?pbgui ... id=2182194

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:55 pm

not the guid you were using . Don't play with me im not stupid.

Postby nosy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:52 pm

then what guid was I using? It will be an interesting mystery for me to solve if I was in fact using a different one

If you have taken your information from ECCGN, then it might be worth noting that yesterday was the first time I've actually played on the new server

Postby nosy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 am

In relation to what you told me in game earlier today:

The guid I was using today - Image

Which is the same guid I used the other day, as shown by my stats page updating with the new info - http://stats.ecgnetwork.com/rtcwstats/p ... E328&key=1

The yawn history, first seen 2010 & last seen 2013 - http://yawn.be/playerDetails.yawn?pbgui ... id=2182194

Apparently the last time someone "yawned" me was during one of the ubik vs crossbreed scrims we ran a few times over the last couple of months. I don't know where all this "brand new guid" bs is coming from, as there has been no change on my end in 3 years. If there's anything else you have an issue with regarding what I do on the server then I'm happy to discuss it, but if not I would ask that you refrain from making public insinuations against me without proper evidence. Thank you

Postby dash » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:55 am

Confirmed nosy is a hacker, needs ban.

Source: I'm not credible enough for you? :<

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:46 am

http://yawn.be/v2/player/search?name=&p ... TCW&page=1

http://yawn.be/v2/player/search?name=&pbguid=91ff1a71&gamecode=RTCW&page=1

That's where.

Someone can yawn you all day long. It shows up there if they look you up on yawn or not. I don't know why what im looking at is different than what you are looking at.

You weren't kicked from the server anymore due to two things. 1. you came here and discussed it. 2. Polyethelene.

My opinions haven't changed. And I have the right to an opinion as much as anyone.

Postby nosy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

What your link says is that there is one recorded name against the guid. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have almost exclusively used one name in the last three years, and apparently there were no yawn entries on the days were I did use another name. For the link I posted, I clicked on the blue information bubble that lists the servers visited

I don't know how yawn manages its updates, I can play all day sometimes without having a single yawn entry added. I thought having players yawn other players in game prompted an update as an alternative to automated server updates, but clearly that's not the case or I would have been "last seen" in September rather than august

That you have an opinion is not the issue to me, the part I don't like is when there is a server admin publicly insinuating that I am cheating. I expect it (and worse) from the likes of napoleon, but not from players that moderate the server. If you think I am cheating then do something about it, but if not I'd appreciate being left alone to play. If there's something I can do to prove that I'm not cheating and end this discussion altogether, please let me know

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:29 am

There IS something, it's a ban, and it's been done. People seem to hope that all the players left playing RTCW after 13 years, are oblivious. A guy has a super-high ping and zips around the map killing everyone with two shots - hoping that other players think he is just the uber player of all time. I said it years ago, "The only people left playing RTCW now would be really good players when it was in it's infancy". No one is bad playing the game anymore. (there are always exceptions to the rule, lol). And with only one server left, playing the same map repeatedly, even a chimp would be good at the game after a couple of months....
Anyway, there is a concensus, and attitude is everything when it comes to diplomacy. Apparently some people have little of that as well. When a guy is destroying a bunch of good players consistently, I don't understand how they can't see something is obvious... that all the tweaks, tricks, settings and hardware have been maxed out so that he can dominate an old MP computer game. Kind of makes you feel pity, doesn't it? :repost:

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein