Siluro Ban Appeal

If you were kicked or banned from our Public RTCW server, post here.

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators

Siluro Ban Appeal

Postby -|SS|-Lao » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Hello all,

So I have been banned by MsB due to “player complaints” or something roughly along those lines. I would like to appeal this ban, so what are the (specific) complaints that I may be able to address in hopes of resolving this?

For those of you who do not know, I have been using Twitch.tv to stream many of my games live for added transparency. You can watch a few ones from the last week or two (before they are removed since I’m not a paying member on twitch) and see a direct-live feed from my game exactly how I see it on my screen. There’s no wallhacks, there’s no aimbot, and hopefully that serves as proof better than just game demos (which I can also do if that would help). Not trying to make a cheap plug for my link, but those of you who are interested, and especially admins, please check it out here: http://www.twitch.tv/laucheee/profile/past_broadcasts

I know I’m not the most popular among many of you, although I have always asked, and always tried to step up and prove that I do not, or have not cheated at RTCW. I went ahead and put up this stream a few months back, will offer any demos I have, and well if anyone has other suggestions on what else I can actively do to prove it, I will try my best to use that in the future and right now.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Siluro

RTCW Admin

Re: Siluro Ban Appeal

Postby EurO » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 pm

As I have said for 5-10 years now... it's so strange that one guy can go 55-10 against any player left playing RTCW, who MUST know what they are doing when they play this old game. My point was, anyone who is left playing this game can not really be a n00b - there are not-so-good players , like those who play panz full-time, or do everything they can to run the docs, but that's it. For the rest of us; the guys that aren't n00bs in this game..........for four of us to be mowed down easily, and regularly, is just too much of a standout. Not a solid ping, nor a great PC, nor a mouse combo, or anything else will allow you to go 4:1 KR against players that have been playing RTCW since 2003. Unless something else is going on.

I don't mind playing against Siluro, and there are times when he is easier than others. But overall, the population speaks

Postby nosy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:49 am

EurO wrote:As I have said for 5-10 years now... it's so strange that one guy can go 55-10 against any player left playing RTCW, who MUST know what they are doing when they play this old game. My point was, anyone who is left playing this game can not really be a n00b

There's a saying that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to achieve mastery in a field, but I don't think it really carries much weight unless it's quality practice, and even when it is different people achieve different levels of mastery. There are numerous examples of individuals dominating sports, despite their competition putting in comparable time and effort. I think RTCW is a more (anti-)social environment anyway, many players seem to be able to go years without even caring about the fact they don't get better

there are not-so-good players , like those who play panz full-time, or do everything they can to run the docs, but that's it

or players that completely disregard the docs in favour of padding their stats and trying to skull the other team

For the rest of us; the guys that aren't n00bs in this game..........for four of us to be mowed down easily, and regularly

If 4 players get mowed down by 1 player at any time, then the 4 players have made at least 1 bad mistake. The standard of an individual doesn't even factor into that. If that's happening regularly you need to analyse your own game in the first instance

Not a solid ping, nor a great PC, nor a mouse combo, or anything else will allow you to go 4:1 KR against players that have been playing RTCW since 2003

A good gaming setup does not the good player make, but it certainly removes some obstacles

Unless something else is going on

If you're sure that "something else is involved", please provide evidence of it. Recording demos is not particularly difficult

Postby Cruc1f1x » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:05 am

Guilty until proven innocent?

I still have people accusing me of hacking on this server and I haven't ever hacked this game or any other, not that I play any others. On this particular server, due to antilag, there are strange advantages/occurences where anyone not on a 50 ping have anomaly triple headshots, hit around corners, are unhittable, etc, due to the delay in antilag. That is why players in Europe or West Coast can still get 60 kills and 20 deaths...

Postby krazykaze » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 am

I agree with Crucifix on this one. The server does do some weird crap with anti-lag. It's frustrating but it's the way it is.

Personally I do not think Siluro is hacking. Some people are just better than others. The sooner you accept it the better. There are a ton of factors that come into play when someone is better than someone else. For example, I am using the same machine from 2005 to play this game. My FPS sometimes sucks and I get owned. It makes a huge difference in my game of play when I am getting 125 fps 100% of the time. When I do not get 125 I have a hard time keeping up with players that do.

Having a consistent mouse movement also makes a huge difference. I know for a fact Siluro and Alpha tweak their mouse software to be very precise and are two of the most accurate left in the community. So if you are getting owned educate yourself and/or get a better rig.

Play and have fun while the game is still alive.

Postby Cruc1f1x » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:21 pm

But really, how many players aren't setting themselves up for k/d ratio in a pug game. The majority of people have accepted that it is generally more fun to skull than objective when the only map 90% of the time is beach. There is always the guy that shoots 20% accuracy with the precision of an 8 year old who runs the documents over and over and gets 3 kills and 35 deaths...but there are many ways to play the game. Personally, I usually play to skull the other team in a pub. Anyone can slip by and run the objectives in 3 minutes, but why bother when you know nobody is trying to stop you. Other times I target a single player who likes to spawn barracks over and over and get cheap kills with their 5 second invincibility. Parcher and Hendrix are perfect examples. In such case, I will just camp random corners or drop in behind them over and over and don't bother playing the rest of the map.

I don't think there is much cheating going on in ecgn tbh. I have seen 1 or 2 times I suspected and spec'd to confirm players were cheating and it is fairly obvious, is shooting at a closed door, etc. It doesn't appear to be rampant in ecgn.

Postby =TAO=WARPIG » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Whatever it is, it's bullshit when your bullets are hitting me when I'm out of your view. Say for instance when you are shooting from the doorway at the top of the back stairs and your bullets are still hitting me when I am half way down the ladder TOTALLY out of your view. It happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. You bullshit artists here, including you Crucifix have something seriously up with your game(s). I've been saying it for years so I'm glad others including admins, who like Euro said are NOT noobs, have had enough. I don't give a fuck one way or another 'cause honestly I don't think MAA gives a flying fuck if anyone is cheating or not, especially since he doesn't play anymore. You are on PB list as a cheater 'cause you were.. No other reason. Do you really think that after a decade of playing this game that ANYONE can't spot bullshit from ANY other player? One would have to be seriously fk'd up not to be able to. Give me a fucking break will ya.

MAKE EVERYONE IN THIS GAME USE THE DEFAULT SETTINGS AND THEN LET'S SEE WHAT IS WHAT. I'm sure both of you, as well as the other handful of players that games act whacked would leave. You know you'll be buried by just about EVERY other player on the server who doesn't have these game issues. 50% of the kills that you guys make are ALWAYS related to some kind of mysterious bullshit with having magical bullets that can go through anything to hit the target. It's not about a player's "style" that I care about, one could camp forever makes no difference to me.. it's about being screwed by some type of unfair advantage gamewise.

Save your breath, after this long I've heard it all.. a thousand times.

RTCW Admin

Postby S.Shooter » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 pm

What Nosy said above explains alot.

Then egos can go rampage how much they ever want.

Postby =TAO=WARPIG » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Over the years here there has been plenty of people who were constantly saying "You can't hack or cheat on ECGN without being caught." BULLSHIT. A little over a month ago my optical mouse developed a glitch where it would do a double-click every single time. This made it useless and aggravating for anything pc related BUT for RTCW it made me win nearly EVERY one on one close quarters battle sometimes taking out three opponents easily where as with a normal working non-defective mouse I'd get about 60%. I got rid of it but I EASILY could have kept it and simply switched it out when playing wolf. There is NO WAY IN HELL that this would have been discovered by anyone.. even the creators of the game. The mouse was defective nothing more. So please don't tell me that there is no way to cheat 'cause nothing more than a defective mouse made it possible.

I like to win fair and square so the mouse went in the trash... or did it?

Postby Cruc1f1x » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Warpig, I don't cheat and unlag causes the phenomenons you are describing due to packets syncing to server. I played top level when I played 10 years ago and have been playing with crossbreed and fhritp and the few teams left in America in OSP and they can all tell you that at no point have they even suspected me of cheating.

Postby =TAO=WARPIG » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Whatever crucifix it's still fun to play against you guys but a major percentage of the remaining players in this game know that something isn't right with a few player's games. Whether it is done purposely or not will never be answered.

Postby Cruc1f1x » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:10 pm

I know it's easy to get mad when you think you should kill someone and don't, but it's usually because the person actually just outshot you.

Postby -|SS|-Lao » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:12 pm

=TAO=WARPIG wrote:You are on PB list as a cheater 'cause you were.. No other reason.

So to clear this part up, please post the link showing proof...

If you are referring to this one here:

The player with that flagged GUID: e0d4047a is someone else entirely!

It just happens that that player (named in his aliases as Greg), and myself, played on ECGN between 2005-2007, besides people who were around back then and knew we were different players and people, MsB the ECGN admin who has banned me already was able to confirm from IP logs back then we lived about ~1000 miles apart and cannot be the same person... I get the confusion, but the IP logs from back then as well as other players' accounts, it has already been determined that was a different player.

Just for reference I AM 03db7b79 from the picture, that is the GUID I have had since I bought the game around 2002/3. It has always been clean, I was in good standing when it came to competitions, if anyone remembers TV Steve and Dynosaur, I was always in the clear with them and no priors, allowed to join their OSP server, play in any leagues, and never have any trouble with PunkBuster.

Also, I was the 801f4da2 when I first came back after my extended hiatus. I just used the Reflex package and couldn't' find my CD key for a month or two before digging it up. The above key is my primary key that I've always used and had.

Any others listed are not the same person as me.

To all those above in my support, thank you I really appreciate that. Sorry Shazam for not reviving you enough, unless I'm Allies in basement I'm always trying to push forwards and play aggressive and probably skip over some pickups from time to time.
Last edited by -|SS|-Lao on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 pm

no , same name,, same spelling and color as you used later.

Magic?

no , you used a smurf acct. GG

Postby Cruc1f1x » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:17 pm

I can send you my cfg if you want warpig. It's basically just adding

r_intensity 4 or 3 depending on map
r_picmip 4
r_picmip2 1
cg_drawgun 0

and turning off shadows, flares, bullet tracers, and ejecting brass.

nothing special and nothing that hasn't been done since the first quake 3 player bought a copy of the game.

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein