Vicious and Terrible Behaviou in your server.

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

MackTheKnife

Vicious and Terrible Behaviou in your server.

Postby MackTheKnife » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:51 pm

Now a few things:
I heard about your servers on totalbf2, as I needed to get a Basic Commander badge to get all the basic badges (complete the collection).

I am in Australia, but was suprised to have a low ping and very smooth gameplay. However the behaviour of people in that server was anything but smooth.

I went into a ECGNetwork 200 per cent server so I could get my commander medal. I belive it was Dailin Plant. I had about 160 ping, but it was very smooth.

After playing one round with chinese (having some good time in a helo with a nice guy, getting no problems), I did'nt get CHI command I went to USMC and applied, got the job, and was commanding.

You would not belive the stream of insults hurled my way. I belived I was commanding properly and effectively (although half the team or more was not in squads), giving people stuff they asked for.

I also found a attempted rank cheater (something666? bruno?) said that, it was like hell was on earth, f this, c this, f you you fing ***** etc etc etc. He was standing right next to the chinese commander and another dude or 2 who were probably going to do some cheating.

I UAV'ed, arty, supplied and scanned, SPOTTING all the dots I could see.

They said they would have mutined if they could, told me to stfu you fing c*** (with stfu being spelled fully), go f your mother etc etc then one dude came right up to me and started shooting in my ears for about 10 mins, they kept talking about trying to kick me, which they could'nt because mutiny and kick was disabled thank god. All the while half the team was not in squads, we had flags (often we had 4 of them), but we were losing heaps of tickets.

Luckily friendly fire was off, or i'd have expected 10 of them to rush into an arty strike and PTK me.

All because I was doing my job and spotting enemy targets.

It did'nt stop, any time I asked something in chat another stream of abuse was hurled at me, it was incessant.

Finally, I got my 40 commander points, won my medal and continued to play, now some absolute smacktard of smacktards (probably the same guy from before), decided he would now C4 me ANYWHERE I WENT, I spawned about 3 different flags, and there he was, suiciding to come plant, I avoided once or twice, but he got me quite a few times.

Of course we lost by 100 tickets, I switched sides (after saying after this round I would leave) told some of the CHI team about it, and got another guy talking crap, so I left there and then.

Honestly the worst gaming moment in my life (about 13 years of gaming, and about 5 years online gaming).

After this I won't:

1) Play in an american server. I don't ever want to play with your kind ever again, in any game. Any country where 25% or more of a server are such rude and vicious smacktards, just because I'm commander, I don't ever want to play there.

2) Be commander. No reward at all for getting this kind of abuse. I've had it from 1 or 2 people in Aussie servers, but never more than that. This was about 15 people on my team hurling CONSTANT abuse. It was like a lynch mob baying for blood.

Now I would like to say I would never do that kind of abuse, but woe betide the next American I see in an Australian server.

I fully expect nothing to happen, considering i'm an "outsider" and I don't have any screenshots or anything, you'd have to check logs and stuff to do anything.

I just wanted to tell you what happened to me.

my in game name is [thR-MackTheKnife]

Re: Vicious and Terrible Behaviou in your server.

Postby Evan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:06 pm

Originally posted by MackTheKnife
Now a few things:
I heard about your servers on totalbf2, as I needed to get a Basic Commander badge to get all the basic badges (complete the collection).

I am in Australia, but was suprised to have a low ping and very smooth gameplay. However the behaviour of people in that server was anything but smooth.

I went into a ECGNetwork 200 per cent server so I could get my commander medal. I belive it was Dailin Plant. I had about 160 ping, but it was very smooth.

After playing one round with chinese (having some good time in a helo with a nice guy, getting no problems), I did'nt get CHI command I went to USMC and applied, got the job, and was commanding.

You would not belive the stream of insults hurled my way. I belived I was commanding properly and effectively (although half the team or more was not in squads), giving people stuff they asked for.

I also found a attempted rank cheater (something666? bruno?) said that, it was like hell was on earth, f this, c this, f you you fing ***** etc etc etc. He was standing right next to the chinese commander and another dude or 2 who were probably going to do some cheating.

I UAV'ed, arty, supplied and scanned, SPOTTING all the dots I could see.

They said they would have mutined if they could, told me to stfu you fing c*** (with stfu being spelled fully), go f your mother etc etc then one dude came right up to me and started shooting in my ears for about 10 mins, they kept talking about trying to kick me, which they could'nt because mutiny and kick was disabled thank god. All the while half the team was not in squads, we had flags (often we had 4 of them), but we were losing heaps of tickets.

Luckily friendly fire was off, or i'd have expected 10 of them to rush into an arty strike and PTK me.

All because I was doing my job and spotting enemy targets.

It did'nt stop, any time I asked something in chat another stream of abuse was hurled at me, it was incessant.

Finally, I got my 40 commander points, won my medal and continued to play, now some absolute smacktard of smacktards (probably the same guy from before), decided he would now C4 me ANYWHERE I WENT, I spawned about 3 different flags, and there he was, suiciding to come plant, I avoided once or twice, but he got me quite a few times.

Of course we lost by 100 tickets, I switched sides (after saying after this round I would leave) told some of the CHI team about it, and got another guy talking crap, so I left there and then.

Honestly the worst gaming moment in my life (about 13 years of gaming, and about 5 years online gaming).

After this I won't:

1) Play in an american server. I don't ever want to play with your kind ever again, in any game. Any country where 25% or more of a server are such rude and vicious smacktards, just because I'm commander, I don't ever want to play there.

2) Be commander. No reward at all for getting this kind of abuse. I've had it from 1 or 2 people in Aussie servers, but never more than that. This was about 15 people on my team hurling CONSTANT abuse. It was like a lynch mob baying for blood.

Now I would like to say I would never do that kind of abuse, but woe betide the next American I see in an Australian server.

I fully expect nothing to happen, considering i'm an "outsider" and I don't have any screenshots or anything, you'd have to check logs and stuff to do anything.

I just wanted to tell you what happened to me.

my in game name is [thR-MackTheKnife]

Which server? I don't recall one of our official servers being called "ECGNetwork 200 Percent".

You'd be lucky if you didn't find people like that in servers across the world. Smacktardism (aka "idiocy") is something that has plagued the BF series for years. Probably just a bunch of little kids thinking they can be tough guys. I'm surprised there were no admins on the server, unless that was a customer's server, which we can't do anything about.

We have many European and Canadian players on our servers. Actually, I think the majority of players don't even live in the US. Could be wrong though.
Image.

Postby Conscious* » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:29 pm

Not to be a smacker but..the EA servers on the East Coast give me like 15 ping steady, and there are no smackers. The ECGN servers dont have any smackers either but hte 64 man maps still kills me with lag, i still have yet to see any smacktards who are actually doing it on purpose and tking people for joy. Since all the ECGN servers are ranked...how can FF be off on it?
[N4L]Conscious* -Tv-Conscious*

Postby JimmyTango » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Pretty pathetic to just blame 'Americans' and to think that every player but you had to be an American because the server is in America.

Plus, that server name is not an ECGN server name, nor can I think of any ECGN FF off servers.

Idiots are everywhere and sometimes there are a alot of them on one game server that act like that. To sum this up as every American server is like this...wow.

Postby shockwave203 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:41 pm

sorry to hear you didn't have an enjoyable experience on the server MackTheKnife.

I can honestly say that I've never experienced anything close to that on an ECGN server.

you'll find immature players on any server, especially the ones that hold 64 players. and in my opinion, weekend playing seems to mean that more kids are on, so we all have to put up with that unnecessary trash talk once in a while.

don't let it get to ya. hopefully you'll come back and give the servers another try :)

LordShard

Postby LordShard » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:53 pm

I experience that on demo servers. :P

Postby Savant » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:44 pm

I'm pretty sure I witnessed this, if it was server 69.31.96.23
2 days ago? definately NOT the policy of the folks that run these servers. Its something that can happen on a server located anywhere on the planet.

Just the wrong bunch of douchbags at the right time
Sal_Monella

Postby Major SONAR » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:06 pm

MactheKnife,

Get on ECGN BF #1... (if you can find an opening). I rarely see this type of thing on ECGN... other servers yes, but only very infrequently on ECGN.

ECGN has a number of adminstratiors who kick/ban people of this type of language/behavior. I'm not sure if there are admins for BF2, but BF1942 and BFV were monitored very closely.

One other thing... if you want some serious competition, come to ECGN BF #1. These guys are serious! You'll have a tough time scoring big against these guys.

Don't judge all American servers just because of a few idiots.

Another Awesome Sig by Evan - Thanks man!

MackTheKnife

Postby MackTheKnife » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:30 am

Thanks for your replies, it was'nt called ECGN 200 per cent, it was ECGNetwork (which I filtered for the name in the server browser) something and the ticket value was at 200 per cent in the options menu.

BTW it was fully ranked, my medal and stats uploaded, even though it was FF off and 200 per cent.

Of course I don't tar all the americans with the same brush, maybe their was something else I don't realise happening, maybe the admin was away, and the smacktards knew it, or it was school holidays (I know that can ruin servers) or something.

Well, happy holiday. Thanks for listening.

Postby Chacal » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:46 am

So far we only admin the "real" #1 server at 205.177.13.8. The others we do on request.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby SavageParrot » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:24 am

Play on #1 it's a lag free island of reason in the drowning ocean of shit that is Bf2 in general...
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby King » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:27 am

have him step over to RTCW for a few days... all his bitches will just wash away.
"Whats the Situation?" "Two blokes and a fuckload of cutlery!"

Be my Cronie! http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=61909

Postby SavageParrot » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:04 am

Too many hackers and general twats on wolf these days. It's depressing :(
TT clan forums

You knows I still wuvs ya rtcw:beer: ;)

Postby nameless » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:07 am

on #1 i saw yesterday so many intentional team kills that it was awful. i saw squadmembers knifing their leaders, running after them and shooting them in the back, killing teammembers with tanks (not running over them, shooting at them with them tank- and machineguns) and so on. most of it happened, when it is my usual gaming time (from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. my time, your's must be 12 a.m. to 4 p.m.).

in one game i got killed 11 times in a row by teammembers, more than half of it was intentional. what pxxxxxx me of most is, when i got killed by a teammember capturing a flag, no enemy in sight and two seconds left to get it.

when your normal gaming time arrives and the admins are on, it all fade like ice in the sunshine.

i think we need on #1 someone for the afternoon playing hours when the european folk crowd #1. it would also be a great help, when the admins wear an A-tag. i knew most of them but i do not know, who is able to admin #1. so it is possible to post a list, where the #1 admins are listed with their ingame names?

Postby tek » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:43 am

We'll organize something and try to arrange more coverage.

Next

Return to Abuse!