Virus Scam

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

Virus Scam

Postby sarbredria » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:18 am

I have been receiving private messages lately about my computer having a virus and if I dont do anything about it, they will report me to powervs, however when I checked on it, it was a phishing site, looking for info, I dont know if anyone else is getting these messages but someone needs to post something and stop these folks from doing this. I just recently deleted the 5 messages i got, I dont normally come on this site, have no reason, but with the messages coming, I think it should be addressed.

Sarb

Re: Virus Scam

Postby Chacal » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Yes, thanks, we are looking into it, however there is little we can do for now.

At least the contents of the message make it clear that it is a scam. There is no way anyone from the outside can know you have a virus on your computer.

Note: you should know better than to click on the link. It is possible that the web page has infected your computer, if your browser is vulnerable and you haven't applied your Windows upgrades.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Re: Virus Scam

Postby Bocephus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 pm

This should be fixed now!
Bocephus
ECGN/PVS|Support Staff

Return to Abuse!