dc server becoming lame fest !

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

dc server becoming lame fest !

Postby Jeffro » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:01 pm

OMG! People driving ships off the map, idiots shooting planes, 50000 snipers....

It seems like im on one of those "EA" servers....

*shivers*

:violin: :help: :help: :tard: :freak:

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:16 pm

Now you see why I avoid the damned thing like the plague. Balance issues aside, I would maybe play every once in awhile, if not for the :tard: :tard: :tard:, if only for the Helo's...

RCinator

Postby RCinator » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:32 pm

DC in its current incarnation is lame in and of itself . . . it only follows that the play is similar! It'll probably be that way until the balance issues are fixed.

;)

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:50 pm

Originally posted by {CN}Doomfarer
Now you see why I avoid the damned thing like the plague. Balance issues aside, I would maybe play every once in awhile, if not for the :tard: :tard: :tard:, if only for the Helo's...

My sentiments exactly.

Postby Chacal » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:35 am

I've been there a few times... eacxh time kicking or banning 20 to 30 idiots in an hour. What can I do when 12 plane-campers start shooting at each other and at the planes all of a sudden? FF is off, so there's no proof, and it all happens too suddenly, it's impossible to read the tags.

Add to that a chopper unloading 341000 missiles on the airfield at the same time, and enough noise from the jet engines and the choppers to drown everything else.

Also add so many death messages that everything scrolls too fast to read, and a 5 to 10 minutes chat lag.

The DC server is the gulag of admins. :)
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

CommTHOR

Postby CommTHOR » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:58 pm

Originally posted by Chacal
Add to that a chopper unloading 341000 missiles on the airfield at the same time, and enough noise from the jet engines and the choppers to drown everything else.

HAH.. ya, they do seem to have a pretty quick rate of fire... Bot Boy do they ever rain down some serious fire...

Maybe ECGN needs to rethink having it as a dedicated server, as even the admins don't want to play on it - not a good thing when trying to drum up new business... although from a smooth play/no lag standpoint it still is tops, as far as I'm concerned..

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:35 pm

I think switching it over to DC was a GREAT idea as far as marketing. The DC server is busy ALL the time, sure the rampant idiocy is annoying if you are looking to play seriously (why are trying to play DC seriously in the first place?). But there are idiots that see how well the server plays, and think wow I want one. I say let them stew in their own juices... And stay away.

CommTHOR

Postby CommTHOR » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:28 pm

Heh.. reminds me of a conversation I had in IRC last night..

Friend: Hey Comm! Wanna play some bf1942?
Me: sure! Want to play serious, or just mess around
Friend: just mess around
Me: OK.. We'll play some DC then
Friend: Can you do anything else on those servers?
Me: That's why I picked it

Needless to say, witin 5 minutes of jopining the server, I saw at least 5 helicopters take off, flip over and crash, our team get half its vehicles stolen, and tk's for the remaining vehicles.. well, we won't even go there.. (It wasn't on the ECGN server btw)

Postby Jeffro » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:54 pm

Originally posted by {CN}Doomfarer
I think switching it over to DC was a GREAT idea as far as marketing. The DC server is busy ALL the time, sure the rampant idiocy is annoying if you are looking to play seriously (why are trying to play DC seriously in the first place?). But there are idiots that see how well the server plays, and think wow I want one. I say let them stew in their own juices... And stay away.

I don't take it SERIOUSLY...but i wan't some sort of organized gameplay, instead of just mass chaos everywhere all the time...

it gets real old after a while:violin: :tard:

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:03 pm

Originally posted by Jeffro
I don't take it SERIOUSLY...but i wan't some sort of organized gameplay, instead of just mass chaos everywhere all the time...

it gets real old after a while:violin: :tard:

Give up your taste for unbalanced gameplay and return to the game that started it all. Server #1 will always be there for you... Well until it isn't.

Postby Jeffro » Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:58 pm

I'll return once there are some VARIETY of maps instead of the same old shit all the time...

A nice, fresh, custom map would be a good change of pace :)

Blackrock

Postby Blackrock » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:38 pm

I ran DC on my server for the last 2 weeks. I took it down yesterday and put Battlefield1942 back up. DC is alot of fun when you've got a majority of the players on TeamSpeak, and they arent camping for a chopper...but it does draw 100 times as many smacktards. I want a full server, but not that bad.

Postby Chacal » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:40 pm

Originally posted by Jeffro
I'll return once there are some VARIETY of maps instead of the same old shit all the time...

A nice, fresh, custom map would be a good change of pace :)

The rotation has been changed, and now there's a custom map: A Bridge Too Far v2.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"

Postby Jeffro » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:58 pm

Originally posted by Chacal
The rotation has been changed, and now there's a custom map: A Bridge Too Far v2.

I know...i played it! It was great!
:P :)

Now we need a couple more "good" custom maps...

Like LD omaha, Bastonge, Caen, and someone needs to make a good pearl harbor map! :)

Postby Chacal » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:20 pm

Bastogne. There is a Pearl Harbor map, dunno if it's good. As for Caen, watch for my review, which will be posted sooner than you expect. :)
Chacal

Next

Return to Abuse!