Kristov abusing admin privliges...

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

Bridger

Kristov abusing admin privliges...

Postby Bridger » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:07 pm

Your admin Kristov on the BF1942 OC48gaming.com #1 server is abusing his rights as admin. He kicked me for a very personal reason and is acting like a child.

The conversation went something like this.

Kristov: I AM ADMIN SO YOU SHOULD WATCH OUT
Bridger (and many others): COULD YOU PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK!!!
Kristov: I AM ADMIN AND I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!
Bridger: IT WOULD BE VERY SIMPLE, JUST HIT THE CAPS LOCK KEY PLEASE!!
Kristov: YEAH! JUST AS EASY AS I COULD KICK YOU!
Bridger: not really, unless you have that bound to a key :P <-- joke here...
Kristov: WATCH HOW EASY IT IS!!!

"You have been kicked"

Ok, aside from kicking me, he's got caps lock on, which is extreamly rude and anoying, and any mature person would never do it purposfully to piss of people. I was not disrupting the gameplay of the server, in fact, many others also asked him to turn caps lock off. He kicked me for personal reasons, not because i was upsetting other players on the server. This, to me, is abuse of power, and he should be warned/relieve IMHO.

Thanks for your time.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:15 pm

I will address this issue. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Postby Kristov » Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:18 am

You forgot to mention that the reason I use all caps was explained to you. That's it done so everyone can see what the admin says, and that all the admins do this for this very reason.

You forgot to add that you were provoking me, after being told repeatedly that I'm an admin, a fact you already knew but I made sure you and everyone else on the server were informed of it again.

You and 1 other person, MoA, were whining about the caps, MoA continues to do it, and has been warned to lay off or get kicked, at which point MoA stops. You Bridger, didn't stop, so you got kicked. I'm an admin, you don't have to like me, but you have no right to ignore me and not expect repercussions. You were kicked for ignoring my warnings to lay off and play the game. There won't be a next time, as if you start with the whining about the caps again, I'll simply kick you.
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

Bridger

Postby Bridger » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:58 am

ahh, must have missed that part. I was unaware that you did that to show you're admin, from when i jumped in it seemed like you were just doing it to be a prick, my b.

I still think you should only use them when you arenouncing things *as* an admin, so if your just saying "yea, that guy went flying" it wouldn't be in caps but if you said "THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING TO STOP TKING" then that would be speakin as an admin, not as a player.

Maybe you're already doing that, i wasn't able to notice.

In any event, some weird thing with ASE keeps putting th OC48gameing.com servers at a 250 ping or something, so i havn't been joining them simple because i didn't see them up on my list.

Postby Kristov » Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:07 pm

Bridger, run a tracert, could be a router having issues between you and the server. I've been having that problem myself, ping got so bad for the past few weeks I didn't even get on the server, and it's STILL 2-3 times higher then it should be, but it's under 200 now. I've traced it to a router in the Dallas area, and no one has replied to my queries to the DNS holder, so...

{CN}Doomfarer

Kristov...

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:28 am

Okies... I have played OC48 off and on for about a month or so now (mostly off lately). Now I have gamed with a few of the admins (names escape me). And have now been kicked from the server twice.

First time WAS my bad, I referred to MMMMM as a D#@$head. Got back on immediately afterwards, and smoothed things out between the two of us.

Second time (Around 11pm CST 12-9) I was booted was by Kristov. Now I was focused on the game action in front of me, so I MAY have missed any kind of warning that he MIGHT have given me. So like the last time I get back on the server, looking to see WTH. After REPEATED requests for an explanation, Kristov finally pops back at me that I was kicked for playing a SNIPER. He didn't bother to check my score or to sit in obs to see if I was doing nothing, which I was not. If he had bothered to check he would have seen that I had 6+ kills DEFENDING the hilltop on that particular map. Not all of them being sniper kills (I had been alternating between sniper and assualt).

I had an arguement with him about his reasoning. I kept control of my language, and didn't resort to any juvenile behavior. He then threatened to ban me if I didn't drop the subject... I groused a bit more and left the server, after all I like the server (most times), and was not sure I could behave much longer.

Is it common practice to boot snipers from the game?

If so why?

{CN}Doomfarer - Death on wheels

Postby Kristov » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:17 am

You were booted for failure to respond to repeated calls for arty targets by 3 different players, including myself. I finally got fed up with our 6 snipers NOT calling a single arty target and made a global warning that I would kick the Axis Scouts if they didn't spot a target pretty damn quick. A few minutes AFTER I made the warning for the 3rd time, I started kicking the Axis Scouts, who had STILL not spotted a single arty target. Right after that, we had 2 players switch to the Scout class and call some prime targets in. When you returned to the game, I did explain why you were kicked, but due to you simply not reading what I said, you missed it and kept asking why you had been kicked, so I repeated my reason 3 different times before you acknowledged me. You tried to argue with me during the game, and I simply don't do that.

There is a post in the BF section on this very subject, in which it is clearly stated that not doing the Scout's job of spotting for arty when it's being called for will get you kicked. You are a SCOUT, not a sniper, your job is to call arty on targets, sniping is a secondary function of the class. THAT is the primary function of the Scout, pure and simple. This isn't CS, you aren't a death machine, you are the weakest of all the classes in combat, that's a fact. I play Scout, I know the class quite well, and I'm an excellent sniper, but I know the job of the Scout and I DO that job, calling targets for arty.

BF is a team game, and we push the team aspect on the servers, pure and simple. We have a Teamspeak server set up and the admins as well as a number of regulars all use it when we are on the server, simply to promote team play. Failure to play with the team is something we don't like, we don't condone, and we punish for that behavior. As Motha said, we'd rather have a core group of 50-60 team players who only play a few hours a day rather then 1000+ idiots who fill the server 24/7. Team game, play as a member of the team, or suffer the consequences. I personally would expect someone with a team tag to understand this and play that way automatically, but, as I find all too often online, team tags don't denote skill or team based playing.

{CN}Doomfarer

Your title is accurate...

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:39 pm

First of all, I wasn't a scout full time. As a matter of fact I had only been a scout very briefly before I was kicked. I had heard there was a enemy sniper below my position, so I switched to scout gear (from assualt) after my last death to take him out (I was swapping back and forth when it seemed neccesary). The calls for a target were BEFORE I was playing as a scout. Your actions automatically assumed I had been a scout the entire time.

Second, I did NOT miss any responses you may have made to my repeated requests. I was standing still and waiting for a reply. And you're damned straight I argued with you. The reasoning behind your actions was flawed. You are WAY to kick happy, and most definitely have your head somewhere other than on your shoulders.

As for my team oriented skills, what you do know about me is EASILY eclipsed by what you don't.

Whenever I play on ANY server, I pick a position and defend it (when that is a viable option). If I am not defending my position, I am active in MULTIPLE roles helping my team out, and switch between them when a situation calls for it.

Yeah Teamspeak, which version?

Bridger

Postby Bridger » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:25 pm

i was gonna ask that, i tried to connect to the IP but it didn't work.

You guys use TS 2.0? 2.0 crashes on my system, me and most people i know just stick with 1.5

Postby Kristov » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:01 pm

Doomfarer, you were a Scout when I started calling for targets, you were a Scout when I kept calling for targets, and you were a Scout when I kicked you after giving 3 warnings spaced 2 minutes apart that I was kicking Scouts for failure to respond to arty calls. You had 6 points, 6 kills, and 1 death at the time I kicked you, so yes Doomfarer, I was paying VERY close attention to your stats, as I was the OTHER Scouts on the Axis team who weren't responding to arty requests for targets, for a period of time greater then a few seconds. Nuff said I think.

We are using the 2.0 version of TS, latest build on
http://www.teamspeak.org

Me, personally, I prefer BattleComm, but TS has a linux server, so that is what we're using.

{CN}Doomfarer

wrong again

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:36 am

I died MUCH more than 1 time, and as I said was NOT a full time scout. You are wrong on most your statements so far... You stated in GAME that you had NOT checked my stats before you booted me. Nor did you obs me. Make up your mind, and get your facts straight.

You make a pretty piss poor admin period. Your attitude sucks, and as I stated earlier you are WAY to kick happy.
Having said that, you ARE an admin, and as such I am obliged to put up with your BS on the server if I wish to play there while you are on.

I came here to present my problem with you. I have done so. With that being done, I am going to drop the subject.

Postby Kristov » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:50 am

Ain't it funny how people don't like to be called on their bullshit?

Doomfarer, you don't like my admin style, don't get on while I'm on, that simple. I'm the vocal admin, but I'm far from the most kick happy, and I'm the one most likely to give people a second chance. Since I am the vocal admin, I'm the one everyone thinks is doing all the kicking and banning, so I'm the asshole, which is fine with me, see my title here on the forum, it's something I actually take pride in doing and doing well. We run a fairly tight server, with little to NO lattitude in the rules, and if you break em, whether you've taken the time to read them or not, you get kicked or banned, simple as that. For the record, we happen to have one of the smallest ban lists for BF servers around, and we've been running for longer then most of them.

To put it simply, we don't take shit, and if you don't like that, go elsewhere.

{CN}Doomfarer

You just can't help it, can you?

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:11 am

Called on my bullshit...? Nice world you live in...

Point out this "bullshit" that I have been called on. All I did was try to let the topic go, not because I am wrong, but because it is pretty much a waste of time to argue any further.

Never claimed you were the MOST kick happy, just that IMO you ARE kick happy. And I have only called you on this one incident which was only a kick and one you took credit for. I have no clue how often you have banned people.

I have already stated that if I wish to play on the server, that I would indeed have to deal with your 'tude or leave. Odds are that I will deal with your admin "style" rather than leave. The OC48 #1 server is an exceptional place to play. In general the talent level is much higher than most. FF is on (a gaming MUST IMO), Death Cam off, and Admins on nearly full time to babysit the server. Hell you guys even have forum where people can bitch about you/others when they feel the need.

Re: You just can't help it, can you?

Postby s.s. one person » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:53 pm

i dont know how lond this has been going on for but im prolly gettin bf 1942 for xmas and plz dont kick me i will be a noob so bear with me :P

OSPREY

Postby OSPREY » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Kristov
Doomfarer, you were a Scout when I started calling for targets, you were a Scout when I kept calling for targets, and you were a Scout when I kicked you after giving 3 warnings spaced 2 minutes apart that I was kicking Scouts for failure to respond to arty calls. You had 6 points, 6 kills, and 1 death at the time I kicked you,
We are using the 2.0 version of TS, latest build on
http://www.teamspeak.org

The way I see it, as an Admin you shouldnt stick your nose in his business. If he wants to be a sniper and not give Arty call ohh well he has that right.You want an Arty call, do it yourself, Using Admin priviledges to yank someone for not following your orders is ludicrous and irresponsible. As an admin your job is to punish those who are TK 'ing , plain and simple and keep control of comments and Language. Other than that then you intefer with game play w/ an unparallel advantage.
Just becouse he is having fun doing what he wants to do ,doesnt give you the right Eisenhower to start kicking people.

Next

Return to Abuse!