SMUT, part 3

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

SMUT, part 3

Postby [Valhalla] » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:29 pm

All day today the same childish antics.

This time he was using the name: Mult, but same GUID as before.

The guy was Allies and planting dyno in the forward bunker for 30 minutes. I mean, come on, do you guys even give a rats butt when he ruins the game for people? His only purpose is to piss people off. Ban him, and don't let him back.

I'm so sick of clowns (SMUT & LUCAS) ruining the game and no admin is ever on. ECGN either needs new admins, ones that actually play and can police the server like they should, or give others rights to be able to police it when no admins are on (kicking/muting).

He knows when there are no admins on and there is nothing anyone can do about it. This is a joke. ECGN is turning into one too since they condone this crap by doing nothing about it.

This post is probably going to fall on deaf ears. If a real complaint gets posted on this site, will it make a sound?
...doubt it.

RTCW Admin

Re: SMUT, part 3

Postby Jun1oR » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm

How about instead of just complaining on these forums you guys actually record the players doing what you accuse them of and make it available to download. This way the admins can review it and take the appropriate actions. Please open up the console and type "/pb_plist" so we can confirm the guid of the player.

Postby Casey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm

He plays every day, and he goes to a great lengths to tk teammates at will, and then rubs it in with taunts, meanwhile 5 or 6 rejoins later...

It's Bieber FFS, this isn't a new issue, he been banned countless times, but they never stick. He's been an idiot from the first day he joined the server...

It would be nice to have an admin once in awhile :rtfm:

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 am

Sorry I didn't mean for this specific occurrence, I meant it to be a solution to the issue of admins not being on the server while players are acting up when they normally wouldn't with an admin present. This way everyone will know and realize even if we are not on the server a respectable player can be recording their actions and an admin will review it and take the appropriate steps to put an end to his/her bullshit.

I've been playing Team Fortress 2 just for the Halloween event but it's getting ready to end so you guys will see a lot more of me on the server.

Postby [Valhalla] » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 am

I have screenshots of his GUID using bp_plist from both times, but I don't know how to record.

Can you please tell me how so I can do as you say?
I mean, what are the commands I need to know. Is there a way to not record in DM_60 format?

Postby 'L0, » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Making demos is simple.

Create a new config inside main folder, call it demo.cfg and dump this in;
Code: Select all
set demo "vstr demo_record"
set demo_record "g_synchronousclients 1;record;g_synchronousclients 0; play sound/misc/menu2.wav; set demo vstr demo_stop"
set demo_stop "stoprecord; play sound/misc/menu2.wav; set demo vstr demo_record"

Open your autoexec.cfg (inside main folder) with notepad or similar and add in;
Code: Select all
bind F9 "vstr demo"
bind F10 "pb_plist"
exec demo.cfg

Replace F9 and F10 keys with one you want or leave it be...For some reason pb_plists wont work inside demo toggle and I'm too lazy to find a work around atm. So hit F9 to start a demo and then F10 to print all guids in console so it's on demo. To stop a demo simply press F9 again and so on..
To watch a demo, open a console and type /demo demoname (note that .dm_60 can be omitted).

P.S. If bind you added is not working on ecgn open console and type /exec autoexec so change kicks in.

EDIT:
FYI Demo is essentially an avi format but if you want to record directly to avi then fraps or alike is an option but that will lag your game so stick with default demo process.

Postby Silent » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

So far as i know it's just /record demoname
then /stoprecord
Not sure about other formats.
If you're uploading here they have to be like 3 minutes long or the size will be too big.
There's sometimes an option to contact an admin and ask for an email for larger demos.

From my experience doing so is a waste of time. When you post demos you are labeled
a complainer and a problem, not someone trying for a solution. If action is taken it lasts
for a week at most, then you've got the same people back again anyway.

For the record, i'm against banning on these sorts of reports anyway.
Its easy to have someone tk you multiple times and then they start recording after you
get fed up with it. If you dont at least ask what started the whole incident i find it unfair.

Postby 'L0, » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Demo covers what log can't and is essential for any admin to see how event unfolded. If claim comes from player that was recorded that he just returned tk's, logs can be used to verify that claim but at the end of the day, if you go team killing some like mad because they started first and end up being recorded, then you're no better than one that started so it's a poor excuse to give..

RTCW Admin

Postby Jun1oR » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 pm

'L0, wrote:Demo covers what log can't and is essential for any admin to see how event unfolded. If claim comes from player that was recorded that he just returned tk's, logs can be used to verify that claim but at the end of the day, if you go team killing some like mad because they started first and end up being recorded, then you're no better than one that started so it's a poor excuse to give..

I agree and also I can increase the file size limit on the forum or I can add an option to the contact form page to attach demos. If you submit it by using the contact for it would be anonymous to everyone but the admin you submit it too. Also you could use any of the free file hosting sites available and start a topic and post the link.

Postby krazykaze » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Here is Smut's guid

c66aa4d7

He needs a permanent ban. From his stat's profile (note the TK column)

Weapon Kills Dths TKs TDs Sui
Grenade 4 11 52 5 0
Venom 0 0 20 7 0

Postby =TAO=WARPIG » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:12 pm

smut ruining server for well over an hour, nothing but tks and bleeding.

Postby pinkname » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:28 am

I'd have thought that everybody knows what smut is doing. Now the general consensus is to tk him as fast as possible after spwn to not make him able to ruin the game. This guy is simply sick. Watch him once, and you'll know everything. I thought he's been banned for months and he just uses a new guid every time. I was wrong lol. Until his permban we're gonna tk him I think.

J.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 am

He got his ban last night.. If you see him again, it wont be because I lifted it.

Postby pinkname » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Thank you for the service very much! He was annoying ppl for months now. Hopefully such a prick is too dumb to circumvent it :X

J.

Return to Abuse!