admin abuse

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

x7x

admin abuse

Postby x7x » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:30 pm

ok i was playing in your server, not breaking any rules not hacking or anything. my clan member started using an awp so they banned him first. i thought whatever thats fine, i dont like the kid much anyway, but then all of a sudden, im banned. i think it was ECGN|Evan that banned me, and for no reason at all, what the fuck did i do wrong?

Postby ShipWreck » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 pm

well first off sounds like u have a piss poor additude, if your banned u must of done something.. deal with it and stop choppin down on admins:tard: :tard:

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:11 pm

What the hell is an AWP?

Postby Evan » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:18 pm

I was watching your guy under various names and I saw things that made me suspicious, so taking action, I banned all 3 of your guys, including you.

If you want to call it admin abuse, fine. It's always been my policy to ban a clan or team if I find anyone on that clan or team cheating, or if I have major suspicions of cheating.

Since you are the first person to ever contest a ban, I will unban you when you give me your WONID later. And only you!

Anwyay, *AnimalMutha*: AWP stands for Arctic Warfare Police. The most powerful weapon in Counter-Strike.
Image.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:18 pm

Awp = evilest sniper rifle in the game IMO. One shot, one kill pretty much no matter where you hit the enemy. The general gaming community in CS seems to have a low opinion of people that kickass with that gun. I personally try to get on the same team as the best AWP users ;)

As for the kick, I would definitely like to hear a response (albeit worded much better then the complaint) to the question. Since I am trying to convince friends to play here, as well as play here myself, I want to know what exactly are the kickable/banning offenses? What is marginal, and what is kosher.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:23 pm

Lookie there, a response before I finish posting about hearing one ;) Kind of heavy handed with the bannings but, I can see the reasoning behind it. Define "suspicious things" please. I am not arguing, just looking to understand the server rules and etc as best I can.

Postby Evan » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:23 pm

Doom, here are rules that I usually enforce:

-No cheating (obviously)
-Do not abuse the other players in the server
-Do not TK if FF is on
-Do not disrespect admins (i.e. calling them names, not listening to what they tell you)
-If you are on a bomb defuse map, try and complete your objective of planting/defusing the bomb.
-If you are a Counter-Terrorist on a hostage rescue map, then rescue the hostages. Don't camp. That is the Terrorist's job
-Do not take advantage of any map glitches (i.e skywalking, roof boosting)
Image.

Postby Evan » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:29 pm

"Suspicious things":

-Running around like an idiot and then all of sudden trying to kill someone who just happens to be somewhere where you can't see them
-Following people through walls, doors, buildings, other objects if you can't see or hear them
-Constant headshots
-Knowing where everyone, or almost everyone is on the map
-Shooting walls randomly and killing people who just "happen to be there" more than a reasonable amount (should be 1-3 times in certain places, but not any more than that)
Image.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:42 pm

The head shot one is a tough call... I have been gaming with nina and hump to know that much... hump is one of the evilest bastards I have ever seen in the game, and it's all legit. I am serious when I say eveel...

Postby Evan » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:46 pm

You scare me Doom..really..
Image.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:43 pm

Thanks for answering my obviously ignorant question Evan. Ive never played CS and dont plan too as all Ive ever heard about it is that it is full of cheats. Good job on banning anything suspicious, as that is the way I think it should always be.

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Thu May 01, 2003 11:00 pm

Wow CS... I used to be able to get headshots 5 out of 8 times , never got banned for it, just picked on and ganged up on by other players on the server I regularly played on. When it went down, I stopped playing CS all together. The server was regularly admined, so we rarely had problems, when the occasional cheater came, both sides with regulars would watch him and make a group decision to kick/ban him. If no Admin was on, we'd record demos for the admin to see.

Anyway, the point is, CS is the number 1 game and also the number 1 game full of cheaters. If you can find a server that has Admins playing a lot of the time, you'd be wise to play smart and not act like a jerk, like on ECGN servers. :)

Postby Colonel Ingus » Thu May 29, 2003 12:23 am

I used to play CS a lot before the best damn online fps came on line (BF1942 of course!)

I rarely played on dedicated servers and found the game to be ruled by cheats. Its sucked mucho big testicles and ruined what could have been a fine game.

CS has a new OGC cheat pack coming out the day they update it to fix cheats. Sucks for people who want to get their ass kicked fair and square.

That being said since I have wiped my hardrive and rebooted the only FPS I have loaded now is BF1942!
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ... Benjamin Franklin

ARCHANGEL

Postby ARCHANGEL » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:16 pm

i was on ecgn and got banned for spawn blocking when i wasnt, then when i tried to explain what i was doin i got banned for being annoying, i got no warning the first time and this is bullshit, i have been playing on this server since it was called mothafucka, but its now got to the point where it is bullshit.

Postby Lord ZOG » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:55 pm

Who banned you?

Chances are if it was Keekanoo you were warned plenty of times, and that the ban was only temporary. Most Temp Bans are only 10 minutes or so long, so just give it time.

The admins on ECGN's Beach server are all level headed (at least the level 2 admins) and they would not ban you unless you were being a real jerk.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Next

Return to Abuse!