Lame Admins

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

CharlieGsanD

Lame Admins

Postby CharlieGsanD » Thu May 01, 2003 6:23 pm

just a random player that was pretty dissappointed by the attitudes of the admins on the S9RM server recently, enough to waste time creating an account to complain

its pretty out of control in there, does anyone monitor/keep these guys in line?

how about a age check @ the minimum, the maturity level of the admins i have witnessed are @ a 13 yr old level

Thx

CharlieG

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu May 01, 2003 6:47 pm

Glad you think so CharlieG.

Maybe if you stopped plane camping for a minute, you might realize that once you and the rest of the campers were gone, it turned into a better game.

CharlieGsanD

Postby CharlieGsanD » Thu May 01, 2003 8:07 pm

plane camping? i didnt give a jack about the planes, they are no fun in this mod IMO, i spawned below by the hangers & there was no transport so i went in the hanger after repairing a teammates plane, what would you rather i do? get shot running through the desert?

look @ my score sometime while ive been playing, i actually have more points than kills wich means im capping & working D on flags = Teamwork

mabye addressing me directly & telling me not to hanger camp would have been another approach, then i could have responded & we wouldnt have any probs :)

no hard feelins, just work with people, kicking them does nothing to teach & help them enjoy the mod. 90% of the time they join back up repeat & get banned never knowing any better.

IMO if youre gonna ADMIN its a responsibility to help, not just kick/ban when youre upset cus your team is bieng ignorant

thats just my opinion, take it or leave it, no matter, no hard feelins either way.....:violin:

Postby FarginMofo » Thu May 01, 2003 8:18 pm

I'll disagree on the kicking don't work. Kicks usually have the tendency to wake people up. Those players bent on mischief move on but those players that really want to play either come back and 1) dont repeat the action or 2) ask why they were kicked - now that we have their full attention we can explain.
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

Homestar_Runner

Postby Homestar_Runner » Thu May 01, 2003 8:21 pm

Sounds like someone has a case of the Monday's...Seriously, if you do not like our admins you do not have to play here... Oh, I almost forgot....Word To Your Mother!

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu May 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Well atleast Charlie wasnt an ass by coming in here and shooting his mouth off. He was actually semi-mature in his criticism of the admins not that I agree in the least.

CharlieGsanD

Postby CharlieGsanD » Thu May 01, 2003 8:29 pm

im just whining:violin:

err, wait, there arent any other S9RM servers :(

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu May 01, 2003 8:34 pm

This is a great place to play Charlie, you just have to play by the rules. If you got kicked because you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, let it go, chances are it wont happen again. ECGN servers are the creme of any 1942 servers. You wont find more skilled, team oriented players on any other public server. See ya on the battlefield.:beer:

Casus

Postby Casus » Thu May 01, 2003 8:36 pm

I wish all the people who complained did so in a level of maturity such as Charlies!

Welcome Charlie, I hope you stick around!

Tom

CharlieGsanD

Postby CharlieGsanD » Thu May 01, 2003 8:45 pm

i can whine & still get some luvin?:eek: mebbe i shoule stick around..... ;)

kill ya later.....:beer:

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu May 01, 2003 9:01 pm

Originally posted by Casus
I wish all the people who complained did so in a level of maturity such as Charlies!

Welcome Charlie, I hope you stick around!

Tom

Thanks Tom, not being an admin or affiliated with ECGN in any way other than being a player here, that was the point I was trying to make. :beer:

Sannop

Postby Sannop » Thu May 01, 2003 9:21 pm

Charlie... my initial feelings about a couple of the admins weren't really great either. But I decided to stay, and I am very glad that I did. Don't judge a book by its cover.

The work that the admins do here is what ends up making this the great server that it is. Yes they get tense, yes the lash out, but all of us regs understand why. They have a vested interest that regularly gets disturbed by selfish players.

Ironically, the main admin that I was dissapointed with has become my favorite player to team with.

Please give them the same second chance that you wish. I am very glad that I did.

Also, how long have you been playing these type of online games. I am very new to the experience and I think that a certain level of smacktard frustration happens with time. I am realizing that as I become more seasoned, I have less tolerance. Some of these admins have probably been playing online games since they began (I think that Wairudo played online Pong :lol: :lol: )

I have found that this helps explain to newbies (if you are one, sorry if you are not) why tolerance seems to be in such short supply.

Believe me, once they know you.. they have an amazing level of tolerance and are very supportive.

BeCynical

Postby BeCynical » Thu May 01, 2003 10:33 pm

**Group Hug??**

Postby Chacal » Thu May 01, 2003 10:43 pm

Originally posted by BeCynical
**Group Hug??**

Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Thu May 01, 2003 10:51 pm

Sannop, online pong? Bah, I was playing chess in a bottle across the ocean long before that... :roll: :roll: :roll: :help: that would make me a few thousand years old then huh..hahahaha

I completely agree with Fargin, our general rule of thumb is get kicked 3 times you're banned. 3 strikes, you're out...;)

After the first kick, we'd have their full attention, if not at least the 2nd...but after the 3rd, it's bye bye bye...

Next

Return to Abuse!