Spawn Killers!!!

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

Postby Kristov » Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:43 pm

Uh...Aleste is talking about BF1942, you guys are talking about RtCW, spawn camping is TOTALLY different in these 2 games, so, lets chill a bit folks, ok?

RtCW, you have set spawns, with set spawn times, and generally no option to change your spawn. There's no limit on lives, just objectives, and camping the enemy teams spawn IS a frowned upon practice that usually serves no real tactical purpose.

BF1942, you usually have 2-6 capture points where you can spawn, often with 1 spawn location that can't BE taken at all. You also have a 'ticket' count, total number of lives your team has before they lose. Taking the spawn locations and sitting on the enemies last spawn and killing them as they spawn IS how you play the game.

Totally different tactics for these 2 games, so, totally different ways of playing them. 1 is do the objective, the other is kill the enemy.
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

Well Put, Kristov...

Postby Lord ZOG » Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:30 pm

Very well put, my friend. I'm glad you pointed this out (I wasn't even aware that Aleste was talking about another game).

I have played BF1942, but not enough to become aquainted with the nuances of Spawn Killing.

I do, how-ever, play plenty of RTCW and I know that Spawn Killing there is Verbotten.

And, by the way....just for the record;

The ZOGster is chilled.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:05 am

I think that the server has become a lot better. Now, spawn killing isn't as bad as it used to be. The lt recharge time takes a lot longer to recharge and that really has made a difference. Oh by the way, I love how you can poison people with the medic needle. Isn't that a feature of the shrub mod?

Casus

Re: ...

Postby Casus » Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:50 am

Originally posted by aleste
Spawn camping is the greatest thing in bf 1942.

Its the best way to watch your team asses who refuse to leave the home base while waiting for a tank get repeatedly slaughtered..

In normal public servers, I never attack enemy fighters I see strafing my teams plane campers.. hopefully they get fed up and leave, and open a spot for someone who will play the game.

Amen brother!

Die campers die

Postby Weasel Meat » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:09 pm

earlier today in rtcw the campers were real bad. there was about 5 allied firemedics camping in the lower bunker waiting for a spawn, and as soon as you spawned they would stab you with a needle to poison you then they would burn you to death. they did this for almost the whole round. the only way to kill them was to spawn as a panzer and shoot the ceiling, or as a flamer and start spinning in circles on fire.

I wish there was an anti camping system.

Killing as you run through the spawn is one thing but you sould die when you start camping in the spawn area waiting for a spawn.

Shoot the flamers in the back they will explode.:D :flame: :blow:

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:37 pm

The mod where you can drop your weap and pick up a panzer, etc is fun and all...but I think it is kind of getting out of hand. Also, the needle poisoning is too. Just a suggestion.

Shrub Mods...

Postby Lord ZOG » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:38 pm

I've also noticed that since the option of anyone being able to use any weapon, it's been a lot more difficult to win as the Allies.

I like being an LT with a venom, or a Med with a FlameThrower...but it changes the game a bit more than I (and apparently a few other people)like.

I'm all for trying different things, but maybe this one changes things a bit too much?
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Re: ..

Postby s.s. one person » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:06 pm

i see where your comming from but when people spawn camp it realy sux:blow: and its ture you will lose some people if you kick spawn campers but not 95% that bull, but spawn camping dose help your team and though its ok to spawn camp it just sux

Re: ...

Postby s.s. one person » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:13 pm

i got one thing to say SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

COL.BUKKAKE

hello

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:24 pm

WHO GIVES A SHIT REALLY......HEY ZOG I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH LUCAS, FEW YEARS YOUNGER THAN I.....HE'LL BE COACHIN MY FORMER HIGH SCHOOL TEAM IN A YEAR OR 2..... DOLPHS BLOW GO BOYS(WHO AM I KIDDIN WE SUCK BAD)

Warning; Tangent Post!!!

Postby Lord ZOG » Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:38 pm

Hey Col.

As a Red Sox fan I think I feel the pain of you Dolphins fans. The Dolphins always start strong, and then fade faster than a brick dropped into the Charles River.

I get a kick out of how everyoine gets all excited when their local team wins a few games early (Red Sox fans are notorious for this) and predict championships. When the Pats were 3-0 here, there were people calling the local Sports Talk Shows predicting an undefeated season!! Get a frikin clue, you hapless, losers!!!

Go Bruins!! Stanley Cup Champions!!! :P
Lord ZOG

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:52 pm

all i have to say is that im from Detroit: home of the tigers and lions...enough said.:help: :help: :help: :D

Postby Weasel Meat » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:00 pm

And I'm from Cincinnati: Home of the Bengals.:help: :help: :help: :help:

Height of cheapness....

Postby Lord ZOG » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:06 pm

Here in Boston, the Bruins have become a joke (even though they're doing OK now). Their cheap-skate owner even went so far as to pain the seats black and gold so that you can't see how empty that barn is. Cripes.

Three straight Team-Captains gone, no compensation. Thorton next???
Lord ZOG

Postby Weasel Meat » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:10 pm

We built the bengals a Brand new stadium to lose in and now we are building the reds a new stadium also.

How did this get from spawn killers to bad teams?

PreviousNext

Return to Abuse!