Mistaken ban of =JpS=DethBlosm?

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

=JpS=SgtRock

Mistaken ban of =JpS=DethBlosm?

Postby =JpS=SgtRock » Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:22 pm

Hi, all.

I'm the clan leader of Clan Jackpine Savages (=JpS=). I'm writing on behalf of my clan mate and co-founder of Clan Jackpine Savages, =JpS=DethBlosm. I just found out that he was banned from the BF42 servers a few weeks ago and we don't know why.

=JpS= was founded by DB and myself to pull together a bunch of guys dedicated to playing hard but playing fairly. Our clan bans all players who exhibit poor sportsmanship. This includes but is not necessarily limited to cheating, racist language or spray tags, abuse of other players, deliberate TKing, etc. You can check us out at:

http://llama.visi.com

As a co-founder of such a clan, I find it extremely hard to believe that DB did anything worth a ban. My tentative conclusion is that he may have been banned by mistake; typo, someone misreading the playerlist, etc.

Many of us in =JpS= love playing on the OC48 servers. You guys run some pretty nice environments. I would appreciate it if you could lift the ban for =JpS=DethBlosm so that he can join us.

Postby Kristov » Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:16 pm

Ok...bear with me..it's New Year's morning for me, hard to think.

I remember DethBlsm, and I remember banning him. Blatant TKing, for planes no less. I remember it because of his clan tag, and the fact that he TKed me after being kicked for TKing and returning. That's a rather stupid thing to do, TK the admin after he kicks you for TKing.

The majority of JsP are great folks, you follow the rules without being told to, etc, and DethBlsm, until that point, had been the same. I don't know if someone was on his machine that day or he was just drunk, but he fucked up big time and he paid the price.
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:35 pm

Heh, here's the definition of patience for Kristov: Kick, let the moron hang himself, BAN. After our poor initial encounter, I have come to apreciate his style of admining. The kick should serve as warning enough, (or irritate you, if you are me ;) ) for most veteran gamers. I have yet to see a ban handed out for non-blatant acts of stupidity/abuse.

=JpS=SgtRock

Postby =JpS=SgtRock » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:59 pm

<blink, blink> Wow, I don't know what to say. The guy you're describing doesn't sound like DethBlosm at all.

I've known DethBlosm for about 12 years. I worked very closely with him for 7 of those years, as we co-designed, installed, and managed a countrywide corporate network in a very demanding environment. During that time I've seen him happy (his normal state), pissed, so angry that he can't see straight (normally because of some CRAP someone else tried to pull), drunk, straight, you name it.

He is ALWAYS the first one to try to see both sides of a issue, the first one to try to see reason in what the other guy had to say. One of the nicknames he earned at work was "Chief in Charge of Shades of Grey".

He was always one of the more lenient admins on our old CS server. About the only thing he would ban for immediately was racist tags or blatant TKing. During all the time that our CS server was up, I never once received a complaint about his admin activity. And believe me, I did get some complaints about some of our admins.

I can tell you that there was a guy who was masquerading as him on some of the CS servers with a tag of "=JpS=DethBlsm". Different WonID, the whole shot. Now, it could have been some sort of twisted alter ego. However, I'm inclined to think that it was some punk who took it personally that DB banned him for grossly abusive behavior.

I would appreciate it if you would remove his ban. If he acts up again, BAN HIM and let me know.

Postby Kristov » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:31 am

SgtRock, I'll remove the ban, this time. He mucks about again, he's gone for good.

I've had people impersonate me, shit, we had some fuckwit impersonate MMmmGood one night on BF #1 a while back, so I'm very aware of that happening. I'm also aware of how easy it is to spoof an ip, as is often done in impersonation cases(got banned from a server due to that myself a few times, so I really do know it happens).

PM me with DethBlsm's ip and I'll personally remove the ban.

Oh, and my admin style is actually more laid back then it seems :) I let a lot of shit slide, but occasionally I pull an Atilla the Hun, just to keep people from expecting me to be laid back :) Works.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:07 am

Originally posted by Kristov
I let a lot of shit slide, but occasionally I pull an Atilla the Hun, just to keep people from expecting me to be laid back :) Works.

Occasionally? ;)

=JpS=DethBlosm

Postby =JpS=DethBlosm » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:34 pm

SgtRock referred me to this thread. I want to thank you for removing the ban.

I'm at a loss to explain what could have happened. As SgtRock said, I am very committed to playing fair and have done my fair share of ranting about the stupidity and pointlessness of TKing. If I did something stupid in a fit of rage, then I apologize! It won't happen again.

I did notice your spelling of my nick was missing the 'o'. I have always spelled it DethBlosm. So it may have been a matter of impersonation.

In any event, I appreciate the opportunity to play on your servers again. My clanmates have nothing but wonderful things to say about the environment that you are working to create. From everything I've read, I agree completely with your philosophy and will strive to be a good citizen.

See you guys on the server!

=JpS=DethBlosm

Postby Kristov » Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:12 pm

Yes John, occassionally, as in not more then once every 2 minutes. Constantly would be every single second :cool:

Oh, yeah, DethBlosm, either PM me your IP address using the forums or send me an e-mail with it, kristovk@hotmail.com so I can remove you from the ban list.

=JpS=DethBlosm

Can't connect to the server again...

Postby =JpS=DethBlosm » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:50 pm

OC-48 Admins,

Since being unbanned I have played on your servers successfully a handful of times. I was extremely careful in my playing and only had the odd unintentional TK due to someone running into one of my grens or the like. I was never kicked by the AutoAdmin or talked to by any human admin.

I tried to connect to #2 tonight and am getting a "Failed to connect to server" message, which is exactly what I got while I was banned.

Can someone tell me if I have been banned again for some reason? If so, I would appreciate an explanation. As far as I know I have been a quality, if unspectacularly skilled, player since my reinstatement.

Thank you.

=JpS=DethBlosm

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:54 pm

Try now ;)

=JpS=DethBlosm

Thanks for the response

Postby =JpS=DethBlosm » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:26 am

Thanks for checking on things and getting back to me. Your responsiveness is a credit to the community you are building!

It must have been something intermittent. I tried #2 4 times and failed before posting my message. After posting I tried #1 (should have thought of that earlier, duh!) and it worked. So I tried #2 again, got in and played for a couple of hours. I should have posted again last night, but I forgot after I got done playing.

Thanks again...all is well!

=JpS=DethBlosm

Return to Abuse!