RTCW Airstrikes

See people abusing the server? Cheating Scum? Post about them here for all to see their lameness.

Moderators: BladeRunner, Chacal, Mugzy

El Cid

RTCW Airstrikes

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:03 pm

As far as I'm concerned the game has been ruined. I know many of you dont want to hear this, but I'm gonna say it all the same.

It's stupid to be killed over and over again, by airstrikes. It may be realistic, becasause airstikes in reality are effective, but I dont play video games for realism. Think about it.

So for me, the amount of airstrikes just means, you run as fast as you can through the trenches, to be killed by a Lt's air support. Some guys were complaining. Cowgomo and Weasel Meat replied "the teams are even". Okay great.

Airstrikes suck.

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:46 pm

El Cid, I can sympathize with you. Getting through the trenches can be murder (hehe). But there is a solution...PAYBACK!

That is when we get switched to Axis...then WE get to blast the shit out of the enemy!

Airstrikes do suck, but sorry...I love to throw them. And I've seen the Allies win despite throwing smoke all over them.

And with all the airstrikes, an Allied win is that much more satisfying.

Good luck getting over that "the game has been ruined" thing.:cool:

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:23 pm

Okay, thanks:D I wrote that when I was mad, I should have cooled down a bit then written. Its still the best game I've played online.

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:22 pm

Originally posted by El Cid
Okay, thanks:D I wrote that when I was mad, I should have cooled down a bit then written. Its still the best game I've played online.

Good deal.

And if I blast you with an airstrike I'll make sure and give out a v,5,7 (woohoo) for you.:P

Of course, we'll probably be on the same team and both get repeatedly turned into blood spray by someone else.:lol:

:beer: :beer:

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:53 am

LOL that could happen. See ya on the beach. Thanks. :cool:

angrybrit

Postby angrybrit » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:06 pm

I was thinking the same. Maybe the LTs meter should be full like Panzerfaust Soldier before being able to launch AirStrike? This would slow down the excessive carnage.

Just a thought.

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:23 pm

The meter being full is reserved for the artillery strikes. That one takes long enough. Besides, the Lt.'s meter is already painfully slow.

Blown to bits repeatedly is no fun. But payback is a blast.

:D

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:35 am

I hear ya Doug... I got pissed the other night getting gibbed constantly from air strikes as a medic Ally, and I mean about every time out of the front bunker (door blocker didnt help much of course). So after the round I became an Axis Lt., thinking I would give much payback, but damn... you have to make sure that you place that first strike just right.. cause there is a good chance that you may not be alive for the next strike.. then getting really pissed to die just before I launch a 2nd strike... I'll stay a medic.. thanks..

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:24 am

Meatshield, hopefully you'll agree that the medic also has his hangups. They're not the medic's fault, of course. I'm talking about the jackass who will tap out as you're crouching to revive him. I've seen people on this server tap out before they hit the ground, and with several medics around.

I'd love to say these were hairy situations, and that the dead didn't wish to get their medic's slaughtered. But these are actually a small percentage in my experience. Most are just dicks; either they suck or they just won't want the medic getting more points (which means they really suck).

So frustrating that I just quit being a medic for a while. At least there are still those worth reviving....

:beer: :beer:

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:42 am

Why not limit the amount of lt's on a team? Whenever I'm on a team with axis, I always hold tab to see how many players are lt's. I see about 10 in the first 16. So that means there's probably a whole lot more. But, if you put a limit to like 10 total on each side? That would help a lot, and lt's couldn't throw support fires over constantly.

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:17 am

Limits would be good. I think the limits on flame throwers work to make the game better, so limits on Lts might improve the game.

angrybrit

Postby angrybrit » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:43 pm

You people suck and I don't agree with you :D

Limiting LTs would do the same that has been done to Flamers and Panzers. And that sucks donkey balls. My solution is better. Don't waste Air Strikes. Make'em count in battle.

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:07 pm

On a 64 player server, every air strike does count. It kills at least 3 or 4 people every time. People just throw them over. I would rather have a limit to lt's than any other class. Also, if they would limit lt's, then they could limit the lives. 50 is an outrageously high number, but you need that many b/c of all the air strikes. I remember when oc48 had 20 min, 20 lives. It made the game more competivie and it made all the players more conservative also. But, of course, I don't know if this is possible. Maybe we could have a poll like on everythign else?

Doug the Unforgiven

Postby Doug the Unforgiven » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:53 pm

On a 64 player server, every air strike does count.

Very true.

C'mon, everybody! The LT pisses me off, too.
But there's been plenty of times as Axis that I would have several airstrikes in a row be lucky to grab more than a couple of kills (total, not each). They weren't necessarily badly placed ones, either. I've had an airstrike in the trench look capable of killing 5-7 and not grab even one kill because everyone dove into the trench foxhole. Inability to jump in the foxhole is usually some door-standing noob's fault.

Sorry if I sound like the LT apologist, but I think the LT's power to kill was addressed in the longer spawn invulnerability time.
(Not that there isn't another reasonable solution out there)

:violin:

:D :D

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:30 pm

yeah you are right Doug... the medic can be a pain in the ass too, ultimately I love keeping myself alive.. it is quite a shock for me to play Lt. and have 20 health and not be able to gain health. Of course this is what makes this game so enjoyable to play.. Lt, medic, soldier, eng.. all have their pluses and minuses... wait unil the next version comes out.. all will want to be eng. to be able to build structures.. ye-haw..

Next

Return to Abuse!