Little Fast On the kick ban trigger..??!!

If you have been banned from any of our BF2 Pubs, Please post here.
DeathScythe-MP

Postby DeathScythe-MP » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:02 pm

I was playn on the server tonight and flew my chopper over to the enemy base with 1 passenger. I LANDED the chopper and unloaded my passenger and then moved my chopper to a safe spot(LANDED AGAIN on the roof of the building.) Once the flag went neutral I flew off heading back to my main to load up more people and get a message I have been banned for chopper abuse..

Please explain to me what my abuse was.

DeathScythe-MP

Postby DeathScythe-MP » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:11 pm

I was playn on the server tonight and flew my chopper over to the enemy base with 1 passenger. I LANDED the chopper and unloaded my passenger and then moved my chopper to a safe spot(LANDED AGAIN on the roof of the building.) Once the flag went neutral I flew off heading back to my main to load up more people and get a message I have been banned for chopper abuse..

Please explain to me what my abuse was.

Postby Juggernaught » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:48 am

Well see you used the chopper to take a flag... see its mainly for sight seeing tours.

HRR_Fury

Postby HRR_Fury » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Actually you were hovering above me in the middle south spawn capping a flag then moved to cap another flag after being warned opn previous maps more than once not to cap with the BH....

I will unban you if you send me your CD hash but please review and follow the server rules...

Thanks

Fury

**EDIT**

Send the CD hash through private forum email DONT post it in the forums please

Postby Savant » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:41 am

^LOL
Sal_Monella

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:57 am

XBOX 360 Gamertag

DeathScythe-MP

Postby DeathScythe-MP » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:14 am

Dont really care if you unban me or not Fury.. There is no way Im posting my hash information. There are plenty of other servers out there.

I will explain my actions though because Im not going to have someone that calling me a cheater.

1st - most times I dont play in squads, mostly because I dont care to listen to other people curse in my ears. So I know I wasnt a threat of people spawning into my chopper for an illegal cap.

2nd - Once I reconnected to the server after it lagged most of us off. I was able to get the chopper and was the only person in it when I circled over to your sides main. when I was approaching the base you shot me down. When I respawned I ran over and got the chopper again and heading back to your main. This time with a single passenger, because I had a passenger in my vehicle I made and completed the attempt of landed near the flag so he could get out. Once I was passenger free I lifted off again and landed my chopper on the main building until the flag changed. I didnt even hang around to ge tthe cap score before I head off back towards my main to see if I could pickup others when I was kicked.

There was no abuse it was the less then the same as using the attack choppers to cap flags(since that holds 2 people) which I see ECGN people doing every single day.

Maybe instead of playn so hard, as an Admin you should check whats going on. As an enemy if you would have targeted my chopper you would have seen I was the only passenger (+0) or if you switched to my team you would have seen I was not a leader of any group and there for unable to be a spwan location within the chopper.

If I was warned on other maps it was not seen as I dont watch the scrolling messages while Im trying to fight and would have been a similar situation as to the above. Trust me. I dont like having passengers because if you crash then you get the TK for not TK'n.

If your tryn to call me a cheater... you better actually have proof to back it. I dont cheat, I never have and If I know there is an abuse in a game I do my best to make sure Im not a funnel for that exploit.

Postby PraiseA||ah » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:27 am

I would pose the question of, even had you capped a flag with a Blackhawk, if you're the only person in that chopper, what the hell is the problem?
"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubblegum" - They Live
Clint Eastwood (Munny): Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
Jaimz Woolvett (The Schofield Kid): Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Clint Eastwood (Munny): We all got it comin', kid.

Postby Mugzy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:31 am

Merged the double posts.
Mugzy
Senior Admin
Admin tool developer

Postby CreepingCharlie » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:20 am

Originally posted by DeathScythe-MP
Dont really care if you unban me or not Fury.. There is no way Im posting my hash information. There are plenty of other servers out there.

Wow stupid move on you. Had a second chance but denied it. Keep him banned Fury. Doesn't seem to want to play on ECGN servers. And sure theres plenty other servers out there but none like ECGN. Good luck playing on the other servers.
Army Strong
I'm a pilot
UND Fighting Sioux!
Originally posted by TChinnyChin
Just like in game Charlie leaves in a chopper without any infantry again.:D

Postby Mugzy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:33 am

Originally posted by DeathScythe-MP
Dont really care if you unban me or not Fury.. There is no way Im posting my hash information.

It does not matter who knows your hash. They can't decode it to get your serial number.

Also, on every server you visit, all the admins can see your hash in the admin tool.
Mugzy
Senior Admin
Admin tool developer

Postby =ender= » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:08 pm

Originally posted by PraiseA||ah
I would pose the question of, even had you capped a flag with a Blackhawk, if you're the only person in that chopper, what the hell is the problem?

How do we know that guy isn't a squad leader and ten seconds later, that helo is now a full machine?

For a rule to be in effect, you have to make it black and white. If there are any exceptions, they have to be stated. There are none stated for this rule. Obviously, an admin can make final decisions based on eye witness accounts and perhaps his own account if he was on that server. There definitely are gray areas but decisions made in those gray areas are made by the admins. I respect the ECGN admins; that's why I play here.

As much as I've been against Black Hawk Whoring, it's only because it's a stated rule and I try to uphold any and all rules that ECGN puts into action. If I see it in another server, I just expect it and work to blast them out of the sky. That's fine.

For me, there are established rules. If I break one, I expect an admin to come down on me. If I see someone else break them, I expect the same. So far, the ECGN admins are fantastic. To me, it's all about rules: play within them and have fun doing so.
Move as a team, never move alone. Welcome to the Terrordome!

DeathScythe-MP

Postby DeathScythe-MP » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:49 pm

Originally posted by =ender=
How do we know that guy isn't a squad leader and ten seconds later, that helo is now a full machine?

For every Person in a vehicle it adds a (+1) to the count next to the pilots name. Its easy to see if a vehicle is 1 or more players. That and flag caps go more slowly with fewer people. On top of that, he could easily check my team and see if I was a group member/leader/solo in seconds.. it would just mess up his place in line for the next jet spawn.(In Fury's case).

Your arguement is rather weak in this case. If I was in violation of a rule I want to see the screen shots. Even then, there should be some level of control. Warning in comms or in chat means Zippy.. why, you could have your sound effects way up and never know someone is talking at you AND if there is a chain of deaths or other events in the game the chat is gone quick.

He could have just kicked me from the server and add to the kick note See admin when you rejoin as you were in a violation of a rule.. but a flat out ban is stupid. Its even more stupid for someone who has been a regular to these servers and does operate within the rules at all other times(Since this is being listed as a violation)

If ECGN server admins would rather just ban a person and move on with playing the game, then that person shouldnt really have admin rights. As an admin, its there position to evaluate what is going on and investigate before taking action. These are not private servers, they are public and listed for anyone, yet everyone that plays isnt a member of these forums to read the rules and the details of each rule. Heck, I wasnt even a member of these forums until I was banned and only then to argue my case.

You would think that the admins of these servers would have some level of guidelines they need to follow before just flat out banning a person.
If the guidelines use an ingame warning followed by a ban.. well at the very least maybe my being banned can help them better refine the rules for such actions.

You might think Im just acting like a D*** who violated the rules but I can asure you that Ive been playn on ECGN servers for every version of BF but only since BF2 have I changed my callsign. I have every respect for the rules that they set and try to enforce to ensure that the mass has a more enjoyable time when they visit one of the servers.

Postby Chacal » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:59 pm

Moved to the proper forum to prevent pointless discussion.
DeathScythe, you stated your case and Fury answered with "I will unban you if you send me your CD hash but please review and follow the server rules... ". There's really no need to pour in more arguments, especially calling admins idiots, casting doubt on their abilities, etc, as it's not going to help your case in any way.

We have your hash, no need to post it.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Return to Battlefield 2