Banned from #1?

If you have been banned from any of our BF2 Pubs, Please post here.
Tibernite

Banned from #1?

Postby Tibernite » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:41 am

To whom it may concern,
I'm sure you get this all the time, but I assure you this is a legitimate complaint. On Sunday, September 11th at approximately 12:44 am, I was banned from ECGNetwork.com #1. The problem is, I have no idea why. I was commander, just doing my job telling where people were and whatnot (without a single TK, mind you), and all of the sudden I'm booted out and informed that I was banned for "excessive teamkilling or swearing" although I had been doing none of these. It just doesn't make any sense, and there's a few people who can probably attest to my innocence, a few of them being ECGN members and other members. One's name was "Bfwonka" and another's was "twister(some random numbers). I find this to be very strange timing considering earlier today my team had a dominate game against the other team, and we were all very happy about our team's cooperation. If you could please let me know why I was wrongfully banned I would greatly appreciate it as I was really enjoying playing on ECGN #1. The only thing I can think of that I did was be very vocal with radio commands, but it was was nothing more than telling where people were, such as 'enemy vehicle spotted', etc. Obviously this is the commander's job to make sure the team knows where people are.

Regards,
Travis (screen name: Tibernite)

Also, I can't get my hash at the moment because for me the link is broken. Let me know what else I can do.

Postby BladeRunner » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:34 am

Tibernite, we need to wait a day or so to let the admin that
banned you see your thread.
We have your hash, it begins with 05759. you don't need to
do any thing else except wait until the admin posts a reply.

The logs don't show who or why you were banned, thats one
of the reasons why we have to wait.

Your stats look ok, imo. one team kill per hour is not
the sign of a trouble maker.
total time 44 hours
BAD BEHAVIOUR
Banned 2
Kicked 3
Team Kills 50
Team Damage 17
Team Vehicle Damage 14
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Tibernite

Postby Tibernite » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:10 am

Yeah, I guess I don't really feel like 50tks out of over a 1000 kills is that serious, especially when you consider most Tks are the result of people blatantly ignoring the "HOLY CRAP THERE'S A MINE THERE" icon. Haha.

Until then I will be patiently awaiting the ability to play on the best server I've found.

Tibernite

Postby BladeRunner » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:20 am

Tibernite,
If an admin does not post by this evening I will unban you
by 6:00 pm est today.
Maybe an admin clicked the wrong name or something.
Sorry about the temp banning if thats what happened.
Welcome back in advance
:beer:

Tibernite

Postby Tibernite » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:32 am

Alright, thanks Blade. I look forward to playing with everyone again. The other servers I've been on in the past day or so just haven't cut it.

See ya on the lines. (Hopefully)

Postby FarginMofo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:44 am

The nick tibernite rings a bell in my head. I didn't kick/ban you on Sunday (I didn't even use my computer that day). Anyway, I do recall a commander in one particular game on Saturday calling out way too many enemies. It got to the point where I couldn't hear any other game sounds. I think it was you if I'm not mistaken.

Not that there is anything wrong with pointing out enemy movement but too much of it hurts the ears. Maybe another admin banned you because he thought you were spamming as commander.
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

Tibernite

Postby Tibernite » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:43 pm

Alright, well if you feel like that I'm sure there are other people who do too, so I will make an effort to not be as vocal. I just assumed people liked knowing where others were, but if it's too much I'll just pipe down.

The only gripe I really have is that I would have preferred to have been warned or politely asked to stop before I was banned. Anyway, if that was the problem I assure that I'll just shut the hell up.

Postby FarginMofo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:51 pm

I'm not sure if that was the problem or not. We'll have to wait for the admin that banned you to pipe in here. I just wanted to point out that this might be a reason for the kick/ban. You know, some people come on the server and think its funny to spam the same message over and over.

Anyway, there is no reason to "shut the hell up". Just be a little more discrete. Lets use Karkand/MEC as an example. There really is no reason to spot any enemies that are moving up the middle - someone on your team will see them. Now, if they are way off to the west or east then those should get spotted or if an apc or tank breaks out of the front and trys to make it to the back, etc.
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

Postby BladeRunner » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:18 pm

unbanned
Welcome back Tibernite
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Tibernite

Postby Tibernite » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:38 pm

Hey, thanks a lot Blade. Shoot ya soon ;-)

Return to Battlefield 2