What did I do wrong to get banned?

If you have been banned from any of our BF2 Pubs, Please post here.

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:44 pm

stats for prong2005:
Kicked & Banned 41 / 5
Team: Kills, Damage, & Vehicle Damage 657 / 281 / 95
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:02 pm

Originally posted by donkey_nutz
here is a pic of your finely tuned black hawk exploiting.. i watched you for over 45 minutes doing this flying around having your squadmates trow out ammo nades and c4 CONSTANTLY. and with you being support you gaind points by doing so.. this is a cheap way to win a round by exploiting the ranking system.... and buy the way dont take it personal.. if someone racked up 160+ points in a jet i would switch them too... its no fun for eather team if the games are more that 200 points between theam for 4 or 5 maps in a row...

Throwing ammo and nades? Can you please explain how this is done with the loadout we use for the current chopper posistions? Door gunners cant throw anything at all while operating a door gun. The engineers in the back are constantly busy repairing the chopper in flight so we DONT get shot down so easily.

I can justify throwing the C4, because we have slot 4 filled with a Spec Ops class. We use C4 on enemy assets like tanks, radar, arty, and uav trailers. Depending on the number of infantry, we may drop C4 on them as well.

But nades and ammo being tossed from a Blackhawk loadout like we use is impossible!

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:06 pm

adn here is a pic of your WHOLE SQUAD camping for the black hawk

The so called camping you depict here is right after we get shot out of the sky. Is it wrong for a team to spawn back at a chopper point to obtain a new vehicle that is critical to the squads operation? At no time did we ever steal anyone elses Blackhawk. We even waited honorably a few times when others stole a Blackhawk right out from under us.

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Prong, are you asking to be unbanned or do you just want
to know why you were banned?
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 pm

So let me get this straight.

A Blackhawk team capable of scoreing a 602 point round is something to be ashamed of? I have seen ground teams creep into the 300 point range for the same dedicated team work that goes into our Blackhawk squad.

We weren't in the air all the time either. We landed alot and capped many flags as a team. Remember that each person that caps a flag gets a point. And those team players also get added points when performed as a team. Those points add up over a single round quickly when you have six players on a squad.

EA addressed the exploits used by the supply and medic classes quite a few patches ago. They also require that all players in a vehicle must exit that vehicle to quick cap a flag.

Just because I am a supply class as a pilot of a Blackhawk doesn't mean that I can magically beat the system. I am bound to the same characteristics as any other supply class.

Just because we throw C4 from the Blackhawk to destroy assets on the ground doesn't mean that we can magically beat the system.

Just because we can repair the Blackhawk in flight doesn't mean we can magically beat the system.

I am sure it is just easier to label us as exploiters.

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:35 pm

Originally posted by BladeRunner
stats for prong2005:
Kicked & Banned 41 / 5
Team: Kills, Damage, & Vehicle Damage 657 / 281 / 95

These stats are easily explained as well. Have you ever tried to throw C4 from a moving Blackhawk? Quite often, my Spec Ops person dropping the C4 gets a bit too quick on the trigger and blows the crap out of our team in midair.

Since EA has not fixed some of the collision detection, the pilot / driver of the vehicle takes the blame for the team kill instead of the person who did the team killing.

Also, when an enemy rams into you with another chopper / jet, this too can trigger the bug that blames the driver / pilot of the vehicle for the deaths of the occupants.

Am I happy about receiving vehicle damage and team kills in such a fashion? No way! But it is part of the game that we all play, and I accept it as such.

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:43 pm

Originally posted by BladeRunner
Prong, are you asking to be unbanned or do you just want
to know why you were banned?

I guess I am looking for a little of both Sir.

It would be good to know the difinitive reason(s) why I was banned from the server. It is also good to get a better understanding of what ECGN expects from their community players.

There were no warnings issued before I was ejected from the server. At least none that I was able to see while flying and dodgeing rocket fire and kamakaze pilots. In all appearances, we thought the admins playing on the other team were upset because we were destroying them.

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:15 am

Here is something I came across in your forums concerning squads that I found quite interesting.

http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17054&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I don't know guys...

Something is definately wrong here in ECGN land. You have a thread worth of people here saying they enjoy playing in squads, and even a mention of an ECGN only LOCKED squad. How can this be any different from what I was doing with my squad? With the exception that I typically don't LOCK others out?

I still think were being judged with bias here...

Postby Chacal » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:41 am

The ban reason written in the log is "padding stats".

It finally dawned on me, looking at the screenshot above, that you were nowhere near a flag or any enemy asset.

You were observed doing that while flying at the map edges. This went on for quite some time.

This violates our rule 8 about game abuse. I believe it's called "farming" on some servers. This has nothing to do with being in a squad or not.

Now that we know why, you can ask for an unban if you wish. It then would be DonkeyNutz's decision. I guess it would depend on your willingness to stop this behavior.

8- Game abuse: Using glitches, oversights or inbalances in the game to your unfair advantage. Example: Repeatedly shooting and healing teammates to pad your score.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby donkey_nutz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:15 am

i am willing to lift the ban... i dont have anything against your squad tactics prong... but i was there watching you for almost 45 minutes to an hour and YOU GUYS ONLY GOT OUT TO CAP ONE FLAG.. when i saw the c4 droping every time you guys where on the edge of the map is where i drew the line
there is no excuse for point whoring and i took so long to observe you to make sure that is what you where doing.. at first i thought you where just real good but when i went into freecam is when i saw you guys fly to the edges of the map and your squadmates where throwing c4 and mines out of BOTH SIDES of the black hawk while nowhere near any flag.. i can only assume that you directed them to do so via VOIP....

so what i must ask of you prong is that are you willing to NEVER DO THIS AGAIN ON THE ECGN SERVERS??? i know you are a good squad leader and i know you are a good bh pilot... but the point farming has no place here... i dont have a problum with the way you guys where dropping c4 around flags and that worked very well and i feel that was an example of some fine teamwork.. but i still think you knew what to do to get the higest possible score.... so like i said are you willng to follow our rules and guidelines???
Tchinnychin wrote:Server crashed and won't restart.

Wesley wrote:Dont hold back assballz, we can take it

Image sig by Spirit of Me. Image

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Originally posted by Chacal
The ban reason written in the log is "padding stats".

It finally dawned on me, looking at the screenshot above, that you were nowhere near a flag or any enemy asset.

You were observed doing that while flying at the map edges. This went on for quite some time.

This violates our rule 8 about game abuse. I believe it's called "farming" on some servers. This has nothing to do with being in a squad or not.

Now that we know why, you can ask for an unban if you wish. It then would be DonkeyNutz's decision. I guess it would depend on your willingness to stop this behavior.

Chaclal,

There is no HONOR in point farming, and I do not practice point farming in any way, shape, or form. Out of all the admins here investigating this issue, you seem to be the one that is looking for any reason possible to keep me off the servers.

Take a closer look at that picture you mention. Look at the right side of the downed Blackhawk between the two C4 packs and tell me what you see.

I happen the see the edge of sand bags that enclose an IGLA unit that we were dropping C4 on before it got off a lucky shot. C4 that wasn't detonated because we were shot down.

I have seen what you describe as "point farming" done on other servers, and there is no honor in that practice what so ever. If I saw someone wasteing a perfectally good Blackhawk doing this, I would be the first one to say something about it.

No disrespect intended Sir. I just want to make sure all the facts are straight before I am judged.

Postby donkey_nutz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:45 pm

i am the one who made the desision so i guess i want to keep you off this server. and if you keep trying do defend your actions as honorable i guess you just dont see where we stand on some verry improtant issues.. such as team balance and point farming... lets not forget i was there i saw the spamming of supplys nowhere near anysort of objective..hell i even observed your teamates dropping supplys and ordinance OVER THE WATER in one map.. if you do not agree with our rules or our gameplay standards.... these servers arn't for you and i wish you the best...
DONKEYNUTZ

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:50 pm

i am willing to lift the ban... i dont have anything against your squad tactics prong... but i was there watching you for almost 45 minutes to an hour and YOU GUYS ONLY GOT OUT TO CAP ONE FLAG.. when i saw the c4 droping every time you guys where on the edge of the map is where i drew the line
there is no excuse for point whoring and i took so long to observe you to make sure that is what you where doing.. at first i thought you where just real good but when i went into freecam is when i saw you guys fly to the edges of the map and your squadmates where throwing c4 and mines out of BOTH SIDES of the black hawk while nowhere near any flag.. i can only assume that you directed them to do so via VOIP....

so what i must ask of you prong is that are you willing to NEVER DO THIS AGAIN ON THE ECGN SERVERS??? i know you are a good squad leader and i know you are a good bh pilot... but the point farming has no place here... i dont have a problum with the way you guys where dropping c4 around flags and that worked very well and i feel that was an example of some fine teamwork.. but i still think you knew what to do to get the higest possible score.... so like i said are you willng to follow our rules and guidelines???

Donkey_nutz,

I appreciate the time you have spent investigating this issue. I also want to thank all the other admins who participated in this investigation for their valuable time and resources to allow me to present my side of the story.

Although there is nothing I can say or do to to convince you that I was not "point farming", I would like to make the following offer to you.

Come fly with us...

See first hand how we operate...

Work a door gun, wrench the Blackhawk, and toss some C4...

If you have a working mic, join us on VOIP...

I would love to have a few seasoned veterans fly with us a few rounds!

I honorably ask that the ban be lifted.

Postby donkey_nutz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:26 pm

alright look here it is plain and simple i know how well you guys fly.. i observed it first hand... now wethere is was you who told your squadmates to spam mines c4 etc or wether they took it apon themselves.. you where getting almost 200 pionts per round 4 or 5 rounds in a row... THAT RUINS THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ON EVERY TEAM when you cause the teams to be that unbalanced i tried to solve the issue by switching you to the chinese team... but i guess you didnt like that cause you cant rack up a tremendous score...but you decided to ignore the fact that you where getting switched and switch back to the us to resume the prosses that lets YOU gain so many points.... if you really cared about teamwork why did you HAVE to be the plot and why did you have to be support... you could have been a medic and helped your team out just as well... but the PILOT who is SUPPORT gains points every time someone expends a little ammo-c4-mines-nades... iand the way you where acting you expect me to think that this fact is oblivious to you???? you knew what you where doing and as soon as I KNEW FOR SURE that is what you where doing i banned you for that reason... THERE IS NO HONOR IN BENDING RULES SO YOU CAN GET A SUPERHUGE SCORE. and the end result is that you ruin the game for everyone else when the one team stomps out an opponent 250 to 0 4 or 5 times in a row....

if you feel the need to argue this point further, that means you stilldont see where we stand on this issue and you are not willing to sacrifice your rank-stats for the sake of good gameplay.......if this is truly the case.. have fun on EA servers
cause you will not be welcome here

Postby Chacal » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:36 pm

DonkeyNutz has been careful to establish that the behavior was indeed occuring before the ban took place. That part is settled and further argumentation is not welcome.

All that remains is whether or not you're willing to stop this behavior in the future.

Also, be careful with your accusations. I'm not trying to keep you off the servers, because I don't know you and I don't care anyway. I was just trying to answer your inital question.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefield 2