What did I do wrong to get banned?

If you have been banned from any of our BF2 Pubs, Please post here.

Postby LeVar Burton » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Prong, could you explain this observation from the screenshot Donkey posted?

In the screenshot, the people flying have a total of ~73 kills. This is reflected in the teamwork points for all of the crew except the pilot, who has 100 additional points. He is the only support player in the chopper. Aside from point farming, how do you get 100 teamwork points on top of the kill assists?

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:51 am

Originally posted by LeVar Burton
Prong, could you explain this observation from the screenshot Donkey posted?

In the screenshot, the people flying have a total of ~73 kills. This is reflected in the teamwork points for all of the crew except the pilot, who has 100 additional points. He is the only support player in the chopper. Aside from point farming, how do you get 100 teamwork points on top of the kill assists?

The pilot of the Blackhawk doesn't normally get shot out of the vehicle unless it actually gets shot down with all occupants inside. Thats because its very hard to shoot out a pilot of any vehicle, unless you happen to get a straight on shot.

Having said that, as other members get shot out and respawn on the Blackhawk (squad leader), the pilot keeps getting points for the remaining members that didn't get shot out. The pilot also gets driver points, flag cap points, defend points, kill assists, and any other points that are normally alotted to a player.

Just for grins this weekend, I played on another server and changed the loadout of our Blackhawk slightly. Instead of playing a supply class, I played a medic class. If I was point farming based off of being a supply class, this should reflect on my overall points obtained for the round.

If you thought I made alot of points being a supply class, you should have seen my point total after playing a medic class. Because of the number of wounded players that I healed in air and on ground the results were exactly the same.

Is this still considered point farming? Piloting a Blackhawk as a medic and still obtaining a 435 point group total? I don't think so at all. I call it organized flying and sound tactics that earn us these scores.

Here's some food for thought. Flying a Blackhawk offers some unique opportunities because of it's ability to hover. If I am a supply or medic class, I get points for being in close proximity of others requireing either supplies or medical treatment.

Have you ever been healed or supplied by a drive by medic or supply class player on the same team? I bet you have. Is that player point farming as well? He didn't have his kit out, yet he got points because you were in need of either supplies or medical treatment.

Same principal here my friend, but on a much larger scale, because of the number of units that I can get into close proximity of. This is NOT farming. This is not an exploit. This is how the game was designed, to promote squad based combat that can resupply, heal, and repair without the need for ammo crates or supply drops.

The classes you see depicted in that screen shot are not the normal classes I enforce on my Blackhawk. Look at my first post and you will see the loadout I normally use. As players join or leave our squad, the loadout gets shuffled and needs to be corrected.

Postby BladeRunner » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:53 am

Prong, I realize you stated your dislike of "point farmers".
For myself I'm going to look at the past and think of it as
"water under the bridge".

What we/I are looking for here is a promise by you to follow
server rules for the ECGN public servers.

BTW, some of our most respected regulars came to the
ECGN forums by way of the "Been Banned?" section of the
forum.

:beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Prong2005

Postby Prong2005 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:02 pm

Originally posted by BladeRunner
Prong, I realize you stated your dislike of "point farmers".
For myself I'm going to look at the past and think of it as
"water under the bridge".

What we/I are looking for here is a promise by you to follow
server rules for the ECGN public servers.

BTW, some of our most respected regulars came to the
ECGN forums by way of the "Been Banned?" section of the
forum.

:beer:

BladeRunner,

It is very honorable of you to consider this entire episode as “water under the bridge”. This single comment demonstrates a pure administrator philosophy that is severely lacking in the hard core gaming community. It is this pure administrator philosophy that builds a strong community, and also sends the proper message to those who are considering joining the community.

Unfortunately for me, I have already been labeled as a “point farmer” and “exploiter” by some of your peers. To overturn that decision now would certainly result in the loss of some respect and integrity from your peers. For that one reason alone, I am reluctant to consider your generous offer.

Chacal and Donkey are right when they said that the Public ECGN #1 server is probably not the place for me. In all honesty, I prefer a much less “safe” environment than provided by ECGN.

Playing Battlefield 2 is challenging enough with the way the maps were laid out and designed by the EA development team. Hundreds of man hours were spent deciding where to place obstacles, assets, choke points, flags, bases, and starting ticket counts. The maps themselves are inherently unbalanced and quite often favor a specific side based on the current scenario being played anyways.

The implementation of squad based combat and commander elements catapulted this game to the top of the charts. It provides what every hard core gamer has been dreaming of for years. It is the perfect marriage of a first person shooter, overhead strategy game (commander view), and vehicle simulator rolled into one juicy package.

In my honest opinion, EA did a great job of implementing team kill and team balance management tools right out of the box. These automated tools are more than sufficient to manage unruly players who team kill or team switch for the purpose of destroying everyone else’s enjoyment.

Playing on a server that dilutes the purity of the competition by enforcing extra rules for the purpose of creating a “safe” environment isn’t adding any value. It strips the game of all competitive elements and promotes a false sense of security to those exposed to that environment.

I didn’t need a “no base camping rule” to protect me. I learned how to properly defend my bases.

I didn’t need a “no spawn rape rule” to protect me. I learned to spawn at a different flag.

I didn’t need a “no vehicle ramming rule” to protect me. I learned how to stop those vehicles before they ever got near me.

I didn’t need a “no jet ramming rule” to make me a better Blackhawk pilot. I learned to avoid them by honing my flying skills.

The mere thought of any administrator willing to break up a squad by forcing the squad leader to the opposite team sends chills down my spine. EA thought it was important enough to fix that team balance bug in a patch, so why would an administrator even consider doing something like that to the player community that supports them is beyond my comprehension.

There is an old saying, “What doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger”.

Having to deal with the examples above has made me a much better player. I didn’t need a quick fingered administrator to protect me from my enemies. I countered my enemy’s moves and learned from my victories and defeats.

I guess that I am not cut out to be an ECGN community member. I refuse to sacrifice my integrity, honor, and skills to play on a server that promotes a “safe” uncompetitive environment where the administrators are allowed to influence the course of a battle with a simple click of a mouse button.

I wish ECGN the best of luck…

Over and Out,

Prong2005

Postby donkey_nutz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:51 pm

sorry to hear that thats how you feel i hold no grudges if you ever change your mind feel free to drop us a line here and we can go from there

good luck...

Donkey Nutz
Tchinnychin wrote:Server crashed and won't restart.

Wesley wrote:Dont hold back assballz, we can take it

Image sig by Spirit of Me. Image

Postby Chacal » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Finally!

Some people need to remember this is just a video game.

Case closed.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Previous

Return to Battlefield 2