Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
Post a reply

A very stupid question......

Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:02 pm

A friend recommended OC48Gaming, as I'd been fed up with some of the sloppy play in BF1942, not to mention cheating and TKing....and especially since I'm a World War II Online vet, playing with decent people means a lot to me.

Anyway...er.....
I have no idea whatsoever how I can play on an OC48 server.
If I add the server to my list, I don't have the port number, so that doesn't work.
Typing out the specific name of the server in the server filter doesn't work either....

So...uh...how can I join your servers?
:help:

Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:03 pm

Easiest way to find it is to put *oc48* in the server name filter- should find it just fine. Most of the 'regulars' here run in BF#1. Also- check the BF forum for info on Teamspeak- makes cooperation much more enjoyable.

Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:53 pm

forsake the heathen ways of the in-game directory and come over to the truth, the light, the FREEDOM of All Seeing Eye !

Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:12 pm

Yes Get the all seeing eye, it is the best. I use it, never had any problems.

Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:22 am

yeah you should really try the all seeing eye a very good program i use it to

Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:27 pm

I've been using ASE since it came out, but for BF, I just use the ingame browser, with OC48 as a filter. ASE gives me too many false readings with BF, mainly due to the fact that GameSpy doesn't want to share with ASE but has been FORCED to by EA(not a joke, they wouldn't open up the master server list until EA forced them to), so pings, packet loss, even number of players on a server can all be off, and usually are. I use ASE for OTHER games that don't rely on GameSpy for their only master server list access(RtCW, SoF2), but not for BF.
Post a reply