A very stupid question......

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
Obsidian Ghost

A very stupid question......

Postby Obsidian Ghost » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:02 pm

A friend recommended OC48Gaming, as I'd been fed up with some of the sloppy play in BF1942, not to mention cheating and TKing....and especially since I'm a World War II Online vet, playing with decent people means a lot to me.

Anyway...er.....
I have no idea whatsoever how I can play on an OC48 server.
If I add the server to my list, I don't have the port number, so that doesn't work.
Typing out the specific name of the server in the server filter doesn't work either....

So...uh...how can I join your servers?
:help:

Rat Bastard

Postby Rat Bastard » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:03 pm

Easiest way to find it is to put *oc48* in the server name filter- should find it just fine. Most of the 'regulars' here run in BF#1. Also- check the BF forum for info on Teamspeak- makes cooperation much more enjoyable.

SumYungGui

Postby SumYungGui » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:53 pm

forsake the heathen ways of the in-game directory and come over to the truth, the light, the FREEDOM of All Seeing Eye !

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:12 pm

Yes Get the all seeing eye, it is the best. I use it, never had any problems.

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:22 am

yeah you should really try the all seeing eye a very good program i use it to

Postby Kristov » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:27 pm

I've been using ASE since it came out, but for BF, I just use the ingame browser, with OC48 as a filter. ASE gives me too many false readings with BF, mainly due to the fact that GameSpy doesn't want to share with ASE but has been FORCED to by EA(not a joke, they wouldn't open up the master server list until EA forced them to), so pings, packet loss, even number of players on a server can all be off, and usually are. I use ASE for OTHER games that don't rely on GameSpy for their only master server list access(RtCW, SoF2), but not for BF.
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

Return to Q&A