MMmmGood, i have a question about hosting

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
bob777fred

MMmmGood, i have a question about hosting

Postby bob777fred » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:45 pm

Hey MMmmGood, or Motha, can u guys host servers for me? If you can, pleaseeeeee reply, i need a great connection, and my clan would be very greatful, along with myself :)

Casus

We could

Postby Casus » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:58 pm

But we charge or can pass you to one of our other customers who do this as well, but again, they charge.

MF

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:11 pm

ok i need to know how much, and the method of payment, and i need to know the specs for each of you and ur customers...thx alot!!!

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:09 pm

unfortunatley, the game i was hoping you could host is Red Faction... i hope that is ok with you :( thx again

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:40 pm

hey i havent seen a post lately here :( can u PLEASE tell me prices for hosting?? PLEASEEE!!

thx :)

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:31 pm

I'll let Motha know your asking

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:53 pm

thanks alot man!!!

Casus

IS that game...

Postby Casus » Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:01 pm

Does that game work under linux?

Send me a link/url, and I'll take a look at it, and see what the resources for it.

So, gimme a url to the server and info.

MF

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:47 pm

hmm...i cant give a link to the server...but the server name is =:>BAM<:= DEDICATED. i dont know if the game runs under Linux :( the official site for the game is http://www.redfaction.com and that mods are abled ;)

i dont really understand your question, but i think i gave you enough info..if not, just ask it again, but if you could, in a different way please :(

thx alot

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:49 pm

the info for the server is 45 minute time limit, 25 max captures, no team damage, no fall damage, no weapon stay, so no nothing...the levels are Checkmate, and WWII,...if i want different , i will contact you..thx

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:06 pm

No no no....what Motha needs to know:

Does the game have a dedicated Linux Client?
What kind of hardware does it take to run it? Ie. min CPU requirements

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:04 pm

aight ... the min requirements are like 450 mhz pc(this is all recommended), 64 mb ram, 16 mb video card, and the rest are really low...most are like Pentium 2 things, its kinda old...bu its still cool!!!

i dont know if the game uses Linux, the dedicated is all text based, like a Notepad sorta thing..im sry but i dont know much about Linux :( but i do know it runs on Macs, and everything else, but i never heard of anyone playing it on linux...sry once again :(

If you can try it, that would majorly help you, seeing that i am not too smart with Linux, lol...well thats about it, THX!!

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:42 pm

The game doesnt have to work on Linux, but usually they make a Linux Dedicated Server for download.

You stated the requirements, but I dont know if those are to play the game, or to run a server. Usually all this information is posted on whoever makes the games website.

bob777fred

Postby bob777fred » Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:46 pm

sry about that...the best MINIMUM requirements i have heard from many many ppl for hosting are like a 1.2-1.3 ghz min. and a T1 or faster speeds...that is if you have 16 players or more, and the maker of the game is Volition...there site is http://www.volition.net

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:16 pm

ive played red faction before..its got a pretty cool game engine.
It lets you blow holes through walls and the ground. You can make tunnels and stuff. It s sweet. havent played it in along time though.

Next

Return to Q&A