Question?

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.

Question?

Postby EZC » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:14 pm

Had a question. Last night i was playing on #1. I was asked by Davis if i was hacking. I said no cause i dont cheat. Also if i was hacking i was doing a really bad job at it cause i kept dying every 30 seconds or less :) . I presume it was because of my high ping last night. Anyhoot i was wondering how do i lower my ping cause sometimes it jumps from being a good ping to being over a thousand. I hate being dead for 5-10 seconds and not knowing i had already died.:D
"They told me it was healthy to collect things, so I decided to collect pictures of dead presidents." - Willie Sutton, Bank Robber
Image Made by Spirit of Me

MeatHead_NJ

Postby MeatHead_NJ » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:01 pm

Well you could stop using netzero as your internet provider.

If you narrowed it down to your connection check out http://www.dslreports.com go to tests and tools. Verify your isp speeds and check the line packet test too (sometimes the queue for this is long). Lots of info and some tweak tools.

Postby EZC » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:03 pm

thanks meathead.
"They told me it was healthy to collect things, so I decided to collect pictures of dead presidents." - Willie Sutton, Bank Robber

Postby -HaVoC- » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 pm

Give us some info about your location, connection providor, computer and software you run.

Work with the collective mind... feed it and it will produce your solution :freak:
-

"Now, if things look bad, and it looks like your not going to make it, then you've got to get mean, I mean plum mad dog mean, 'cause if you lose your head and give up then you neither live nor win, and that's just the way it is."

- The Outlaw Josey Wales -

put me on the team that Harry aint on....I sure miss shooting him and if im on the same team as HaVoC...OMFG we will stomp a mudhole in you and walk it dry.

- YaDad -

Postby yaDad » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:19 pm

bad ping....you need to check your route and hop count.
i will send you a PM with a link for a trace program. run it and let it go for 5 mins or so. export the results to a txt file and send them back to me in a PM. save the results yourself so that if you have problems later you can check and see if the networks have changed on you. EVERYBODY SHOULD DO THIS. route problems are not infrequent and can be fixed by your ISP.
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

Re: Question?

Postby Davis » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:18 pm

Originally posted by EZC
Had a question. Last night i was playing on #1. I was asked by Davis if i was hacking. I said no cause i dont cheat. Also if i was hacking i was doing a really bad job at it cause i kept dying every 30 seconds or less :) . I presume it was because of my high ping last night. Anyhoot i was wondering how do i lower my ping cause sometimes it jumps from being a good ping to being over a thousand. I hate being dead for 5-10 seconds and not knowing i had already died.:D

Well that day i was on steam playing css, a guys ping jumped to about 500+, we was kicked for hacking. I just assumed it was the same deal. Well it was not.

When ever i get a warning connection problem my ping jumps.

1, back isp
2. YaDad fix
3, Youa re being pinged/ phished/ hacked by some one.

Postby EZC » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:24 pm

i wasnt angry Davis i know u guys are doing ur jobs but it did bring questions to my head that i should take care of. Thank u yaDad for the help.

Postby Chacal » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:02 pm

Davis is not an admin.

There will be no talk of cheating during games, either on TS or in chat. We had enough witch-hunting in the past.

I repeat, NO talk about cheating whatsoever, for any reason.

If you have suspicions, PM an admin.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby DocTrebor » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:45 pm

Originally posted by Chacal
Davis is not an admin.

There will be no talk of cheating during games, either on TS or in chat. We had enough witch-hunting in the past.

I repeat, NO talk about cheating whatsoever, for any reason.

If you have suspicions, PM an admin.

You should stop by the beach lol. . . .

Return to Q&A