Graphic's card Help

Got questions about ECGN? Ask here, and you shall be enlightened.
JustIn

Graphic's card Help

Postby JustIn » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:36 pm

May be you have all heard this before, but funds are limitd here and the last card I bought after some serious trying others was a GeeForce 2 GTS Pro 64 meg. Now I am after
updating again and with peeps saying the rad 9700 rocks, I am just after a few guides to help me. I have £150 and want to get the best for that amount of dosh. I have done some systems in the past for peeps with rad cards only too be disapointed by the performance of the cards. Oh and I am not interested in second cards has this shows if selling card not up to scratch.:violin:

So come on help a NooB to todays Tech:help:

(You see me on your server :tard: me)
Hey s.s server rocks keep up the good work

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:43 pm

Buy this card from here, its the best, its close to the rad 9700 but I personally would choose this way before the rad cards. http://www.buyxtremegear.com/gain.html

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:46 pm

You should go to pricewatch.com they list the lowest prices of everything related to computer hardware.

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:51 pm

Yeah they do El Cid, but most of the time you have to worry about the brand name, like if it says "house brand" don't dare buy that shit.

JustIn

Postby JustIn » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:52 pm

Thanks for that [A.S.H]GhostRider I will check that one out. THX

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:57 pm

Yeah, first choose your brand. My favourite is MSI, you can just search it on that site to get a low price.

JustIn

Postby JustIn » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:02 pm

Trouble is that you see so many cards on the market that you buy one and it sucks so you buy another, but can not do this(any more until qualified and employed) has I am a old age student with a budget. The card I have works fine until I get in a sticky sit with a large area and a lot of action.

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:04 pm

Sorry to hear that man, but stick in there. By the way what is an "old age student with a budget" exactly?

JustIn

Postby JustIn » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:09 pm

Do you really want too know Well here goes 37 with 3 kids 8 grand kids LOL. Cost to pocket "I am planning on raiding the Bank of Enland and may be the Crown Jewles" But plan on Keeping the £150 for the card LOL!

El Cid

Postby El Cid » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:13 pm

HEHEH LOLOL HEHE :) Go for the jewels! First throw a grenade at the guarrds, then take out your poison needle and then switch classes to LT. Byt the way it could be worse, you could have 37 kids and be 8!

JustIn

Postby JustIn » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:27 pm

Hve you been drinkin the happy juice lol

JustIn

Postby JustIn » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:28 pm

*have oops

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:45 pm

kewl man, yeah I would definatly say that card is where its at. It will perform very very well.

JustIn

Postby JustIn » Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:41 am

After some thought looks like after all I will be going for the
Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro 128MB DDR.
Also a Abit AT7-MAX2 (Socket A) Motherboard v.2.0.
So its back to busking LOL.
(Its been a year at least since I bought any comp gear)

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:53 pm

Well when I get the Gainward GF4 Ti4800 we can compair man. :)

Next

Return to Q&A